Russini and Rosenblatt: 2023 Jets a dysfunctional mess; Saleh paranoid, Hackett lazy, Zach a tittybaby

Just now, peekskill68 said:

It was clear BEFORE week 2 he couldn't play.  They just gambled Rodgers wouldn't get hurt.  Period.  And your continued belief that Flacco and Wentz could run this offense is nonsense.  Siemian, who is better than Wilson, sat for 6 weeks trying to learn it.  They also gambled on Boyle, who knows the offense, being able to play,  Another bad JD move.  

Afterrodgers was out i think woody told them no more big qb spending. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

As with the Zach not wanting to play story, we’ll find out how untrue any of this is by the denials coming from Saleh and Jets personnel. You’ll recall that the same parties were saying the Zach story was false until Rodgers effectively confirmed it on McAfee. Recall that even Saleh didn’t deny it, choosing instead to offer a vague “if he didn’t want to play, he wouldn’t be here.” Which, in retrospect, is funny considering Zach was never seen nor heard from again after he left the field in Miami. 

I have no doubt that story is true.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

As with the Zach not wanting to play story, we’ll find out how untrue any of this is by the force of the denials coming from Saleh and other Jets personnel. You’ll recall that the same parties in here were saying the Zach story was false until Rodgers effectively confirmed it on McAfee. Remember that even Saleh didn’t deny it, choosing instead to offer a vague “if he didn’t want to play, he wouldn’t be here.” Which, in retrospect, is funny considering Zach was never seen nor heard from again after he left the field in Miami. 

He was winning pickleball tournaments pal...

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's not that I doubt it, I just want to see a source.

Bit says he makes 5M/year.

The best source I found had Sirianni just outside the top 10 at 7M/year.

But that source didn't give any further, just that top 12 (I think it was 12).

Is it possible there are an additional 20+ between Sirianni and Saleh, sure, but I just couldn't find a source to confirm it, or that gave all 32 coaches listing.

My google-fu failed me on this one.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/how-much-nfl-head-coaches-make-exploring-5-highest-lowest-paid-coaches-2023

https://www.gamedaynews.com/football/nfl-head-coach-salaries/

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

It was clear BEFORE week 2 he couldn't play.  They just gambled Rodgers wouldn't get hurt.  Period.  And your continued belief that Flacco and Wentz could run this offense is nonsense.  Siemian, who is better than Wilson, sat for 6 weeks trying to learn it.  They also gambled on Boyle, who knows the offense, being able to play,  Another bad JD move.  

Well that’s one way of looking at it. 

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

As with the Zach not wanting to play story, we’ll find out how untrue any of this is by the force of the denials coming from Saleh and other Jets personnel. You’ll recall that the same parties in here were saying the Zach story was false until Rodgers effectively confirmed it on McAfee. Remember that even Saleh didn’t deny it, choosing instead to offer a vague “if he didn’t want to play, he wouldn’t be here.” Which, in retrospect, is funny considering Zach was never seen nor heard from again after he left the field in Miami. 

Remember his mom going on IG and giving us his injury update? 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is bad even for this franchise.  I thought that there couldn’t possibly be any truth to that story but man now is believe anything 

9 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Am I misreading that 2nd one?  5M has him 13th, but he is listed last on the list after several making less?  Plus they're missing quite a few, listed as ?

1 hour ago, NYJCAP2 said:

I don’t see it as a gamble now after Woody was approving in season playing time.

It was a calculated risk to try and ensure a way Zach wasn’t your starter.

Agree but my point was JD gambled on not having a viable back up who could run the offense allowing Zach to be truly red shirted.  Boyle was a cheap alternative probably hyped by Hackett that was never NFL level caliber.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Any idea/hope that the NFL will "make Woody sell" is absolutely fantasy.  

Unless he steals millions form the league, sexually harasses his entire female staff and has a press conference where he says a few truly vile racist things, he isn't going anywhere until he (or God) says so.

He's built up enough goodwill with the other owners, that he could even survive being caught in a sex-sting operation at his local massage parlor - just like another NFL owner.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Get a grip and step away from the keyboard.

I'm sure some appreciate your posting but your repeated personal attacks has no place on this forum. 

It's amazing, when guys who are "tenure" on here attack, nothing. When I counter-attack, there's no place for it 

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Ah yes, the benchmark of any successful businessman.

I know, I know; you and @Warfish are two peas in a pod. Posting on message boards since 'nam. Get out of the basement bro there's a whole world out there!

31 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Afterrodgers was out i think woody told them no more big qb spending. 

Maybe, but the die was cast BEFORE the season started.  When Rodgers gave back all that money, it was guided to dumb moves like Cook vs. getting a decent back up QB in here with that money who would have had all spring and training camp to learn the offense.  Instead JD gambled, lost and wound up signing Siemian who was probably okay as a backup but needed 6+ weeks to learn the offense while Wilson kept getting thrown out there

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

JamesEdition deleting all of their articles on homes and cars and yachts and replacing them with blog posts entitled like "You're Rich--But Are You 'Spend 30+ Hours A Week Arguing About The Jets Online' Rich?" 

I feel like that’s something Larry Burns would have said. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ultimately, this is all boilerplate losing team drama. The difference is that you usually get this stuff right before or right after everyone gets fired. Woody is going to read this and run everything back with this same group of losers.

That’s how this could get jetsy , he fires everyone off cycle again like Maccagnan lol. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Recall that in preseason Zach wasn’t running the varsity offense—he was running that Punch and Judy 101 sh*t they install at JV passing camps, all the while yukking it up like proud parents every time Zach completed a basic out-route. It wasn’t until Boyle came in that they started to run the Rodgers offense again in those games.

I'm not disagreeing with this.  JD and Saleh are not brain dead.  They knew Wilson could not play at this stage.  I believe they hoped he was bright enough and committed enough to a) learn the offense sitting behind Rodgers, b) mature into a starting level caliber QB and c) be willing to wait his turn.  When Rodgers went down, the brain trust went into panic mode because they knew Boyle sucked and they had to hide Wilson.  If JD had just signed a viable back up in the spring, gave him the time to learn what Rodgers does with Hackett's system, and truly red shirted Wilson for the year I believe we could have made the playoffs even with the OL injuries.  That would have set up Wilson to hopefully be a legit #2 heading into 2024 behind a likely one-and-done Rodgers.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

What's this Tim Boyle angle that I very clearly missed during the season. He was talking to the press behind everyone's back? That's why he was cut?

I would have thought it was because he was straight trash on the field despite being in the same system for multiple years. Wasn't he Rodgers' buddy?

The report re: Zach Wilson not wanting to come back and play was written by Dianna Russini.  Tim Boyle was the rat who spoke to her, which is why he was immediately cut within hours of it coming out.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Agree but my point was JD gambled on not having a viable back up who could run the offense allowing Zach to be truly red shirted.  Boyle was a cheap alternative probably hyped by Hackett that was never NFL level caliber.

Personally, I don’t think he was enabled to, by Woody.

I say this because Woody had already paid a boat load of guaranteed cash to Wilson and a Brinks truck on Rodgers. Why would he want them to spend another $4-8M of his money on a true back up, if their plan was so good that he ate it up?

That’s why they signed Siemian on basically the vet minimum after the fact.

The report that came out after the injury was Woody didn’t want to trade for another QB was because they’ve spent too much money on Rodgers and Wilson already.

• Upvote 1