Hello Mike Vrabel?

6 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Even if only some of what is in The Athletic's article is accurate, it is a damning indictment on the absolute disfunction and failure of this regime and portends disaster going forward. I'm thinking there has been a discreet phone call to Vrabel from Woody today. Hogan getting canned is not the end of this. Saleh may not be here much longer. 

100% correct. And remember when Beningo read the Saleh texts on air? Some of that lines up with the article. Saleh is a clown. 

• Upvote 3

Hypothetically, if it implodes this week and, say, Saleh quits or gets fired, Vrabel would already have a pack of his guys on the payroll and (iirc) Rodgers considered going to the Titans when he was getting dumped by the Packers, so presumably he’d be ok playing for Vrabel. The question is, would Vrabel be able to co-exist with Woody Johnson throwing his feet up on Vrabel’s desk on a Thursday afternoon when Woody has nothing better to do? 

• Upvote 3

Just now, T0mShane said:

Hypothetically, if it implodes this week and, say, Saleh quits or gets fired, Vrabel would already have a pack of his guys on the payroll and (iirc) Rodgers considered going to the Titans when he was getting dumped by the Packers, so presumably he’d be ok playing for Vrabel. The question is, would Vrabel be able to co-exist with Woody Johnson throwing his feet up on Vrabel’s desk on a Thursday afternoon when Woody has nothing better to do? 

You've raised the idea of Saleh quitting multiple times in the past but that doesn't seem the least bit realistic to me.  He'd get another DC job but not another HC job so why would he quit?  He could get fired though.

As far as Vrabel, I would hope he wouldn't take any crap from Woody.  And that he'd lay that on the line at the time he was interviewing.  If he didn't, it would be a setup for failure.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Even if only some of what is in The Athletic's article is accurate, it is a damning indictment on the absolute disfunction and failure of this regime and portends disaster going forward. I'm thinking there has been a discreet phone call to Vrabel from Woody today. Hogan getting canned is not the end of this. Saleh may not be here much longer. 

Saleh will be our daddy this year. Like it or not. When AR retired next year, we will hire Mike McCarthy. 

• Ugh 1

18 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

Todd Monken please

You mean the monken who didn’t adjust his offense to the chiefs defense?  I read where the chiefs purposely took away the run to force the ravens to pass and the successfully covered the receivers.  IMO all monken had to do was unleash Jackson and his legs.  Sure the chiefs had a spy on Jackson but he’s so fast and elusive he would’ve gashed them for huge yardage.  How about bringing in monken and then getting Bennett from the rams.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Vrabel probably has more TD recs in his career than Zach Wilson had passing TDs in 2023.

He’s at least a quality credible HC, light years better than Mr. Clean.

Quick Google Search showed this

Mike Vrabel had 11 total touchdowns in his career.

:D 
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

It has to be more than just some.  The article made some pretty disparaging remarks about saleh, Hackett, et al.  But there are also other sources that say just the opposite and remember only gWilson and Keith carter are mentioned as supplying quotes.  And the gWilson quote was something he already said on SNY or other news outlets. Everyone else was anonymous.  The other sources claim Embree was the guy telling tails.  And let’s not forget these reporters are very good at spinning things whichever way they want.

obviously if the comments about saleh are true or even partially true then that’s a huge problem. Same thing with woody.  I’m no saleh fan.  He should really just grunt and growl like the bellichicken if he’s not saying anything useful or truthful.

For this to work Woody basically needs to get Vrabel stitched up before he fires Saleh.   Otherwise they could be coach less.   That also means Woody has to pay Saleh, which he won’t want to do. 

Saleh has really been beaten up in the media.  Will be tough to recover from this. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

They will all be back next season for sure.  Saleh, JD and the rest of the office and CS.  

However, if the Jets are not playing meaningful games in October, I'm *sure* they will all be canned before the season is out.  Their seat is not hot.  They are sitting on plasma.

As bad as it seems, all they need is for Rodgers to stay healthy.  Remember, the excellent defense will be fully intact.  The Jets also had one of the best kicking games in the league.  Greg the leg and Tom Terrific will both be back,  As for JD.  The 2022 draft may very well be the best draft class in NY Jets history.

I don't mind all the stuff in the media about the Jets now.  It is fun to read and chat about.  And that is the larger point of it all.  It makes good, entertaining copy.

Just try not to forget that the Jets have it all other than a healthy Rodgers who has yet to be seen contributing on the field.  

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Remember, the excellent defense will be fully intact. 

Just try not to forget that the Jets have it all other than a healthy Rodgers who has yet to be seen contributing on the field.  

It is going to be hard to keep the excellent defense intact and keep AR8 healthy at the same time. 

On 1/31/2024 at 8:36 PM, T0mShane said:

aBB62or.gif

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I’m sure Vabrel would love to work for Woody and the Jets. 

Here's the thing with Woody Johnson....he will meddle and f*ck around with soft first time - amateur HC / GM / player types.

Put a Favre, Parcells, even Rex Ryan, Rodgers, a Vrabel who is a proven player and coach with the personality to run the show and he would act very differently in his star struck amazement. 

I think this whole "good coaches won't come here" thing is overblown...

...Good GMs wouldn't come here when Woody tried to force a depleted Rex Ryan on them (clearly massive mistake), but Todd Bowles was THE big hire that hiring cycle and he came here with no qualms and he's a Parcells guy.

Gase was a Chrissy Johnson hire in a very bad hiring cycle when the coach they SHOULD HAVE hired McCarthy....WANTED to come here.

Saleh was still a Chrissy hire but still one of the "big name" coaches for that cycle and came here.

In short, I think Vrabel would come here and would actually big the perfect guy to keep ownership in their place and work well with Douglas or whichever GM Vrabel wanted here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

It is going to be hard to keep the excellent defense intact and keep AR8 healthy at the same time. 

The defense is already inked in to return.  All besides Huff.  I'd love to keep him, but economy dictates that McDonald will be his replacement.  If McD can play, JD made the right call drafting him.  If he cant play... Well... Bad news, but the defense will still have all of their juice on tap.  Huff was effective, but he was a rotational player.  The defense can get along without him and perhaps even perform better if McD approximates anything worthy of his draft position.

Agree on Rodgers... Getting two OT's and one inside guy is a real tall order. 

BUT... Rodgers MUST use the splendid head that he has and protect himself.  He can read and release like the best of them.  He is so good at pre-snap, he starts throwing the ball before it is in his hands.  If he tries to be a hero and hold on to the ball so he can throw a touch down on his first series (like he did before he broke his own ass) he'll break his ass again and the season will be in the tank.

As I said before last season started, I will say again,

EVERYTHING is riding on Rodgers,  EVERYTHING.

Saleh will run a great defense,  The kicking game will be fantastic,  The offense will have a top WR and a top RB,  Even if the line is not great, Rodgers can still protect himself and find targets.  Hackett does not matter one way or the other if Rodgers is running the offense.  HE is the OC, not Hackett.  Hackett is just there to hold Rodgers jock strap. 

If Rodgers stays on the field, I GUARANTEE playoffs,  Along with that, the media and fans will be praising JD and RS.

If Rodgers goes down early and can not come back, it will be another season with 6 to 7 wins & no playoffs. It will also be open season on JD and RS.  They wont survive it.  Both will be gone before the season ends.

It is rodgers, Rodgers, RODGERS...

13 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

The defense is already inked in to return.  All besides Huff.  I'd love to keep him, but economy dictates that McDonald will be his replacement.  If McD can play, JD made the right call drafting him.  If he cant play... Well... Bad news, but the defense will still have all of their juice on tap.  Huff was effective, but he was a rotational player.  The defense can get along without him and perhaps even perform better if McD approximates anything worthy of his draft position.

Agree on Rodgers... Getting two OT's and one inside guy is a real tall order. 

BUT... Rodgers MUST use the splendid head that he has and protect himself.  He can read and release like the best of them.  He is so good at pre-snap, he starts throwing the ball before it is in his hands.  If he tries to be a hero and hold on to the ball so he can throw a touch down on his first series (like he did before he broke his own ass) he'll break his ass again and the season will be in the tank.

As I said before last season started, I will say again,

EVERYTHING is riding on Rodgers,  EVERYTHING.

Saleh will run a great defense,  The kicking game will be fantastic,  The offense will have a top WR and a top RB,  Even if the line is not great, Rodgers can still protect himself and find targets.  Hackett does not matter one way or the other if Rodgers is running the offense.  HE is the OC, not Hackett.  Hackett is just there to hold Rodgers jock strap. 

If Rodgers stays on the field, I GUARANTEE playoffs,  Along with that, the media and fans will be praising JD and RS.

If Rodgers goes down early and can not come back, it will be another season with 6 to 7 wins & no playoffs. It will also be open season on JD and RS.  They wont survive it.  Both will be gone before the season ends.

It is rodgers, Rodgers, RODGERS...

There is no cap room to sign FA OL/WR.

Ozumah will go.  That saves something.  Tomlinson would not be on any other team, but for OL we are so desperate we may not have a choice.  

But the big cap space comes from Mosely and JFM.    We need them to free up cap space.   They are not worth what they are paid, but they are good players.  If we have to cut them, the defense won’t be the same.  

On 1/31/2024 at 6:01 PM, oatmeal said:

The jets didn’t say happy b day to Saleh, we need to sick jets Twitter on woody and tell him to clean house now while he has this out 

Our GM won't go for that. AR has made up his mind and they are coming back.

• Haha 1

There is less than a 0% chance that anyone other than Robert Saleh is the Jets HC next season.

I understand you all think this "hit piece" from that Atlantic means something and even if it did in any hypothetical way what you're failing to understand is that it also makes this the most undesirable situation for a new HC possibly in the history of sports.  No respectable human, let alone, Mike Vrabel, is coming here to bend the knee to Aaron Rodgers while the man pictured below enters your office when he's bored or because he read a tweet to "advise" you on how you're managing the roster.

image.jpeg.1db7c2dd8139ff8b213781dcddc701f6.jpeg

Which means, boys and girls, get used to Aaron Rodgers and Robert Saleh because if they actually do happen to fall over backward into turning this sh*t show around and they actually make the playoffs, Saleh is getting a decade long contract and Rodgers will go from defacto GM/HC/QB to defacto Owner/GM/Czar on his timeline.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

There is less than a 0% chance that anyone other than Robert Saleh is the Jets HC next season.

I understand you all think this "hit piece" from that Atlantic means something and even if it did in any hypothetical way what you're failing to understand is that it also makes this the most undesirable situation for a new HC possibly in the history of sports.  No respectable human, let alone, Mike Vrabel, is coming here to bend the knee to Aaron Rodgers while the man pictured below enters your office when he's bored or because he read a tweet to "advise" you on how you're managing the roster.

image.jpeg.1db7c2dd8139ff8b213781dcddc701f6.jpeg

Which means, boys and girls, get used to Aaron Rodgers and Robert Saleh because if they actually do happen to fall over backward into turning this sh*t show around and they actually make the playoffs, Saleh is getting a decade long contract and Rodgers will go from defacto GM/HC/QB to defacto Owner/GM/Czar on his timeline.

I would honestly rather the Jets fail to get rid of all these assholes. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I would honestly rather the Jets fail to get rid of all these assholes. 

I know how you feel and I tend to feel the same way. The only  problem is that the same Dumbass POS that owns this team is going nowhere and we are fated to getting the same unqualified over their head coordinators that we’ve been getting ever since Parcells left. We have no shot  whatsoever to really be relevant until there is new ownership. This will be my 45yh year of tix and if we don’t make playoffs, I’m  gone.

• Post of the Week 1

I saw that Frank Reich was getting paid $9mm/year for 3 more years to not work, if that is what he chooses.  If he is still married (and I think he is), his wife better be telling him to take the money and stay home before this job kills him.

Reich was a semi-successful prior HC.

We get the sense that the first time HC’s that Woody hires get like $3mm-$5mm. 

Vrabel is probably $10mm/year.  So would McCarthy.  I think that may explain whether Woody would hire someone like that.  

Ben Johnson appears to want to be paid like a prior HC.  

1 hour ago, varjet said:

There is no cap room to sign FA OL/WR.

Ozumah will go.  That saves something.  Tomlinson would not be on any other team, but for OL we are so desperate we may not have a choice.  

But the big cap space comes from Mosely and JFM.    We need them to free up cap space.   They are not worth what they are paid, but they are good players.  If we have to cut them, the defense won’t be the same.  

Restructure Mosley and JFM.  Now we see what kind of juice JD really has.  What those two players decided to do will also be reflective of how they feel about the Jets and Saleh. 

10 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Restructure Mosley and JFM.  Now we see what kind of juice JD really has.  What those two players decided to do will also be reflective of how they feel about the Jets and Saleh. 

The Jets had the opportunity to cut Lawson last year for complete cap relief.  They opted to keep him and move salary to the future, which they will pay this year.   They did not scout him correctly-we all knew he was washed.  

Mosley and JFM should not get restructured to move salary forward.  they should give money back.  If they don’t give money back, they should go,.  

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Jets had the opportunity to cut Lawson last year for complete cap relief.  They opted to keep him and move salary to the future, which they will pay this year.   They did not scout him correctly-we all knew he was washed.  

Mosley and JFM should not get restructured to move salary forward.  they should give money back.  If they don’t give money back, they should go,.  

Let's see what JD does with them.  There are always ways to be creative with the cap.  I'm glad the NFL does, indeed have a hard cap and profit sharing.