Dan Patrick - Rodgers Fingerprints All Over Jets Mess

Really wonder if Saleh does the smart thing and does some leaking of his own about his GM sticking him with a garbage QB room for three years running

The Rex (defensive coach) parallel has been a strong sub narrative here over the last two years. Only the ante is getting upped a bit with the Salah's hands being tied innuendo ... pretty sure we are already leaking all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

21 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Please stop it!! Like anyone knew he would get hurt four plays into a season. It’s been nothing but a whine fest on this Board. Unreadable garbage from people who pretended not to want Rodgers. The Jets win 7 games with the worst QB room in the league. With Rodgers this was a playoff team. 

Im sick of this unreadable garbage and non stop whining.

IF he would not have gotten hurt.  He got hurt becasue his oc called cut blocks from ots and he froze on the play.

IF he would have played well, we have no idea he was not that great his last year in green bay.

IF we would have made the playoffs.

Sick?  I'm sick of the excuse mongers that feel that all the ills of the NY Jets would be magically fixed if rodgers had not gotten hurt.

Douglas and Saleh feel that way so you are in good company both did stellar jobs and it was just 'bad luck'.

The NFL doesn't work that way.  But if you want to play that game.
Old man Rodgers at 39 took the GB to 7-9 looking slow and old.  That same team went to the playoffs the next year - and looked pretty darn good with a young QB at the helm.
I know a lot of Jet fans didn't want to admit it after the trade and many still don't but - Rodgers is done.   He was done 2 years ago...I can't imagine what he's going to looking like coming off an ACL...
Next year is going to be ugly.
When did he hurt his ACL?

5 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I guess we hate Dan Patrick now also?

This list of pesky national media members “out to get the Jets” seems to grow every day.

Thank goodness we have our very own intrepid cub reporters here with sources inside the building sifting through all this misinformation and letting us know what’s really going on. 
If not for them, we’d believe most of this stuff.

Loop Waiting GIF

Don't ya know, the media is making this all up. How can it be otherwise with the season the Jets just had?

11 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

If you don’t think a healthy  Rodgers would have been a major upgrade over the QB play we had this season, then frankly you have no knowledge of NFL football.

And yet, he wasn’t healthy …he lasted 4 plays behind the offensive line Joe built.

It never ceases to amaze how people pass off AR getting injured as if it was entirely separate from anything to do with team around him.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 hours ago, JTJet said:

Aaron Rodgers didnt do sh*t to this mess. We are lucky to have a player that is a 1st ballot hall of famer stick his neck out for thia sh*thole franchise. 

No need to dance around it, people that have an issue with him have an issue with him for totally non football related sh*t and everyone knows it. 

The Jets have sucked for the last what 12+ years? Aaron comes here for 10 minutes and a few practices and it's his fault? GTFO.

No! I dont like the off field stuff but in the end i dont care.

what i dont like, and maybe its more the brass vs rogers, is the coddling. We have to watch who we hire. It seems to need the ar stamp of approval. Like our OC. And all the crap players from ARs past.

Its a legit issue

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, JTJet said:

Aaron Rodgers didnt do sh*t to this mess. We are lucky to have a player that is a 1st ballot hall of famer stick his neck out for thia sh*thole franchise. 

No need to dance around it, people that have an issue with him have an issue with him for totally non football related sh*t and everyone knows it. 

The Jets have sucked for the last what 12+ years? Aaron comes here for 10 minutes and a few practices and it's his fault? GTFO.

Who cares about HOF in this situation.

Is he in his prime? Has he brought HOF play to the Jets?

The answer to both is no.

No idea why people keep harping on HOF in this situation. It's just constant in the Rodgers defending on this board.

Meanwhile he gave that actual HOF play to another team who gladly got rid of him.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I guess we hate Dan Patrick now also?

This list of pesky national media members “out to get the Jets” seems to grow every day.

Thank goodness we have our very own intrepid cub reporters here with sources inside the building sifting through all this misinformation and letting us know what’s really going on. 
If not for them, we’d believe most of this stuff.

Loop Waiting GIF

Nah, I'm waiting for Curt Gowdy, Studs Terkel, and Howard Cosell to weigh in. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Who cares about HOF in this situation.

Is he in his prime? Has he brought HOF play to the Jets?

The answer to both is no.

No idea why people keep harping on HOF in this situation. It's just constant in the Rodgers defending on this board.

Meanwhile he gave that actual HOF play to another team who gladly got rid of him.

Credibility. Something this organization greatly lacks. 

23 hours ago, y2k8 said:

It's amazing how much blame the guy gets for not being a coach and only playing 4 snaps the entire season.

We literally got the worst OC ever, and a bunch of scrubs that Rodgers likes hanging out with.  They took up valuable roster spots and produced NOTHING.  We are in the playoffs if we just had signed Derek Carr and kept our picks.  I mean, come on, we traded when we could have just signed someone.  And then settling for a backup Edge over a starting OT in the 2023 draft.

I understand that people want this acquisition to work, but nothing has remotely changed for anything positive since the 2022 season ended. NOTHING.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Matt39 said:

It’s pretty odd that Douglas was not seen once on HK or mentioned once during this article. He’s just as protected as Wilson. Saleh is a front runner, but I don’t even think it’s close that he has more value to the Jets than Douglas does. He could at least pick guys to run his defense.

Footage of JD was on the cutting room floor....

9 Causes of Gynecomastia and Man Boobs - Muscle & Fitness

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I don't think he is bringing any credibility at this point in his career until proven otherwise.

Can you honestly say his tenure here has resulted in positive credibility so far for the team?

The fact that a player of his caliber wanted to come to the team in the 1st place says a whole lot.

Uh yeah? Virtually the entire football world had the Jets locked in for the playoffs with him as QB.

Only when injured, and Saleh/JD/Zach had meltdowns, did anything turn negative, and again, that wasnt Rodgers.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JTJet said:

The fact that a player of his caliber wanted to come to the team in the 1st place says a whole lot.

Uh yeah? Virtually the entire football world had the Jets locked in for the playoffs with him as QB.

Only when injured, and Saleh/JD/Zach had meltdowns, did anything turn negative, and again, that wasnt Rodgers.

He had no other suitors that wanted him.

A 40 year old coming off his worst season of his career.

• Upvote 3

On 2/2/2024 at 4:42 PM, JetsFanatic said:

If Rodgers stayed healthy and the Jets made the playoffs all you whiners would have nothing to whine about.

Thread after thread from you idiots. 

But he didn’t, idiot.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

His worst season is like the best seasom a Jets QB would have had since forever. 

On 2/2/2024 at 4:27 PM, T0mShane said:

Really wonder if Saleh does the smart thing and does some leaking of his own about his GM sticking him with a garbage QB room for three years running

If Saleh tried to pull something like that, I have almost no doubt that he'd get caught very quickly.  He's not savvy in any way whatsoever.

EDIT: For example, I could see Saleh just outright telling Joe Benigno.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Yup.

No one else wanted him.  

Plus he said he would only play for the Jets, GB said they don't want him back and had to dump that MASSIVE salary..

So the Jets bid against themselves, paid an enormous price in both picks and treasure - because they didn't want to wait it out.  

Three high picks and massive cap hits so Rodgers can go do Knick games and conerts as a Jet.

This is not a serious organization.  We should all stop pretending they are.

• Upvote 3

Okay, another talking head is piling on.  Patrick, boomer, Kay et al are all piling on like this athletic article is the gospel truth.  At best there are some truths but an awful lot seems like spin and really, if these clowns were true reporters or journalists they would’ve picked up on most of.  To me the only thing that’s troubling is how saleh apparently has a pretty this shin.  I also think he likes his frat boy coaching staff.

38 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yup.

No one else wanted him.  

Plus he said he would only play for the Jets, GB said they don't want him back and had to dump that MASSIVE salary..

So the Jets bid against themselves, paid an enormous price in both picks and treasure - because they didn't want to wait it out.  

Three high picks and massive cap hits so Rodgers can go do Knick games and conerts as a Jet.

This is not a serious organization.  We should all stop pretending they are.

And that 1st round pick swap that cost us Broderick Jones (and maybe drafting IV with our Green Bay's #1 is why JD didn't extend Huff?)

I like IV and think he might be very good, but I still don't think he was the right guy for our situation at that time.  Hopefully, he'll go out and be a game-wrecker this year and make me eat my words.

• Upvote 1

On 2/2/2024 at 4:42 PM, JetsFanatic said:

If Rodgers stayed healthy and the Jets made the playoffs all you whiners would have nothing to whine about.

Well that didn’t happen , did it ?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, redlichtie said:

And yet, he wasn’t healthy …he lasted 4 plays behind the offensive line Joe built.

It never ceases to amaze how people pass off AR getting injured as if it was entirely separate from anything to do with team around him.

Or his own age and decrepitude 

• Upvote 2