Bakhtiari

He's interesting bc he is good when he plays and should be cheap. So I like the idea of him. But we'd have to have a great backup there. Is Carter Warren good enough of insurance there to be OK with the idea of Bak likely not staying healthy and Warren possibly starting? I'm 50/50 on that. I have to think we go OT at 10 and start them at RT. Leaving LG as our main issue. An option could be for us to sign Onenwu as a FA. And he can play OT or OG. So if Bak were to go down. Onenwu could slide out to LT if needed. Also if we signed both Bak and Onenwu as FAs. We have mor3e flexibility in the draft depending on how the draft falls.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

He's Rodgers' best bud and he plays a position that's a desperate need for us.  If Rodgers and JD believe this sh*t is true about this most recent surgery fixing this chronic issue, then it's all but a lock that we'll go after him.  If you're not big on Bakhtiari, I think the best chance you have of not seeing him in a Jets jersey is if he decides he doesn't want to play on MetLife turf.

Other than that IMO he's probably the favorite here.  Maybe Tyron Smith but I doubt it.  Rodgers will push for his guy, and JD knows his job security rests in Rodgers' hands.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 1

27 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

He's Rodgers' best bud and he plays a position that's a desperate need for us.  If Rodgers and JD believe this sh*t is true about this most recent surgery fixing this chronic issue, then it's all but a lock that we'll go after him.  If you're not big on Bakhtiari, I think the best chance you have of not seeing him in a Jets jersey is if he decides he doesn't want to play on MetLife turf.

Other than that IMO he's probably the favorite here.  Maybe Tyron Smith but I doubt it.  Rodgers will push for his guy, and JD knows his job security rests in Rodgers' hands.  

I have no problem as long as there is a competent backup plan 

• Upvote 2

Low cost, high upside.  Buddies with AR.  Don't depend on him but, yeah, sign him.  The reflex is to hate yet another washed AR buddy but this one makes sense for the right price.

Carter Warren could be this year's Max Mitchell, touted as a late round rookie gem that will develop into a starter who then regresses to his scouting report.  

I see 0 issues with giving him a low risk, incentive-laden deal. When the guy is healthy, he's a top OL. Presumably he'll be prepared to come to the Jets for low money to play with Rodgers.

Bring him in, sign Onwenu, sign Zeitler if Laken is gone, and draft a tackle at 10. I think that would solve the Jets OL woes, until they all start breaking their legs once we start the season at least

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

The problem with Rodgers' guys was not only their play, but what they were paid.  Lazard and Cook were grossly overpaid. 

The problem with Duane Brown, in addition to his health, was that he made almost $10m.

We can take a chance on health and ability so long as we don't overpay.   

Bakhtiari should get the vet minimum and $500K for every game he starts.  If he starts almost all of the games he makes a bit more than Duane Brown did.  It is Saleh's decision whether he starts. 

The problem with Rodgers' guys was not only their play, but what they were paid.  Lazard and Cook were grossly overpaid. 
The problem with Duane Brown, in addition to his health, was that he made almost $10m.
Bakhtiari should get the vet minimum and $500K for every game he starts.  If he starts almost all of the games he makes a bit more than Duane Brown did.  It is Saleh's decision whether he starts. 
Enough with the "Lazard was a Rogers pick." He came almost 2 months prior and was the top FA WR available. This is just a lazy take.
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:
2 hours ago, varjet said:

Enough with the "Lazard was a Rogers pick." He came almost 2 months prior and was the top FA WR available. This is just a lazy take.

Is this a serious post lol?

• Upvote 1

Serious answer -- bringing him in with any kind of guaranteed money and slotting him in to start would be idiotic. The kind of move that would demonstrate that JD hasn't learned anything from last year's debacle and we'd be asking for it when he suffers a season ending injury Week 2.

But if you bring him in with a contract built entirely around incentives as one of a few options to play/complete for a job? Not crazy. Not sure what he'd actually command/how motivated he is but if it's based on bonuses for being active on gameday I could see working something out.

• Upvote 2

I'd take him on a pay-as-you-play deal, with weekly bonuses for being active, but that's it.

He has been a great Tackle, but his injury problems are huge.

Plus, a guy with knee trouble who hates turf?

It probably happens, but hopefully it's on a sensible deal and with a strong backup plan in place, like George Fant as a swing tackle or something similar.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Is this a serious post lol?

It’s easily in line with after bringing in one starting WR that Rodgers played with prior to coming to the Jets to start repeating over and over again that Rodgers is GM.  

• Upvote 1