Enough of your gross optimism. What’s the thing that you know in your heart is going to ruin the Jets this year?

Arrogance.  It permeates through every level of the organization, from believing they were one player away last year, to overrating a good (not great) D, to not trading away Bryce Huff when they had the chance (because they are so confident they will be able to re-sign him - I hope I'm proved wrong on that) to stubbornly sticking with veterans who clearly were no longer able to get it done.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

48 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Aaron Rodgers being given sway over the roster is as big a calamity as when they gave the same authority to Rex in his 3rd year… and we’ve been on the spiral from that decision to this day.

For sure but we were already spiraling before that.  A regime can’t fail so horribly on a # 2 overall pick QB and ever really recover.  Rodgers was the desperation move to try to quickly dig out of the hole.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Since you asked.....

1. Aaron Rodgers - won't be close to the player he was in 2021.  May not even be what he was 2022.  Not worth the price in year 2.  Finishes in bottom half of NFL QB's, possibly even bottom 10.

2. O-Line - JD sucks at building O-line, ours will suck again (and be fragile again) in 2022.  Fans will blame this on #1 above and demand Rodgers be back for a third and final failed season in NY before calling it quits, going down as one of the worst trades in NFL history.

3. WR - Wilson will again be our only meaningful talent in 2022.  JD will think "A-Rod will fix it" for Cobb, Lazard, Gipson, Brownlee.  JD still in love with his own UDFA picks who are, sadly, JAGS.  Wilson demands trade in 2025 offseason.

4. Bonus Doomsaying:  Hall gets hurt again.  So does Izzy.  RB is a black hole, production wise.

Doom has now be said.

On the bright side, the Defense finishes top 12.

Plenty of this can happen, but there is almost no chance the jets don’t add a better WR2 to complement Wilson, IMO. All of Douglas, Saleh, and Rodgers have flat out said that adding another dynamic WR is a priority.

my guess is that Rodgers is pushing them for another big weapon at WR more so than even OL help. 

• Upvote 1

An under the radar worry of mine is that the defense gets banged up this year and takes a step back. 

Everyone is penciling in a top 5 defense, but it’s hard to keep a unit healthy and playing at an elite level for 3 straight years. The jets have had very few major injuries on defense over the last two seasons and I am worried that luck will run out next season.

The offense will take a step forward, but the defense will take a step back. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Mine is Keith Carter. The fact that Saleh hired this guy, saw what the line looked like last year, and still chose to bring him back in this make or break season. Without exaggeration, it was Keith Carter who got Rodgers hurt by making his tackles cut block—which immediately went away after that Bills game, btw. And now he’s keeping Carter despite the fact that he’s allegedly despised by (apparently) every veteran OL out there? And we’re going to have to lure those veterans in as free agents this offseason? Seems catastrophic. Pauline, last offseason, got a blind quote at the Senior Bowl saying the hiring of Keith Carter was a “death wish.” Couldn’t be more prophetic. 

Ya, Oline in general has to be at the VERY top of the list. Seeing Mahomes running for his life in that SB tells me Rodgers will have no shot either if our Oline fails once again.

After the line, failing to acquire a true WR2 could sink the ship just as fast. Watching teams double Garrett every play while our other WRs drop passes or run the wrong route won't win too many SBs.

Using #10 on a tackle or WR would go a long ways. Trading down and getting both would be great too.

Our D will be OK, even w/o Huff. Better with him, but not doomsday w/o him. Jermaine and 'Ol McDonald will get theirs.

Teams should be OK too with those 2 guys coming back (punter/kicker, forget their names).

So lets see how FA and the Draft shakes out. Yes, we have holes, but not so many we can't possible compete.

The answer is injuries for me.  All teams suffer injuries obviously but this team can’t get out of august without losing a starter for the season. It’s like 3 week injuries are what happens to other teams, this team is straight to IR. 

Chuck Clark is a great example. Totally forgot he was on the team lol. 28 year old starter with the Ravens, comes here, boom done. He freaking hurt himself in JUNE.  how is that even possible lol. 

played 96 games in 6 years with the Ravens.  

During the superbowl broadcast I think Aikman said the 9ers were as healthy as they were all year, only missing one starter.  Looks like that was Ferrell and he lasted up to 1/20.  

Its a dumb sport to follow, injuries break so many seasons 

• Upvote 2

We all know what needs to get done this off-season, which is to buy an offensive line.
But, I don’t expect them to be successful in this endeavour and it’s not because of the line coach. Rather, it’ll come down to $.

Money talks and Rodgers isn’t getting any younger .

this is what’ll disappoint me the most 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Without exaggeration, it was Keith Carter who got Rodgers hurt by making his tackles cut block

Not to defend Keith Carter who is terrible but watch that play again. Thr cut block buys Rodgers 2 seconds. Wilson is open. Rodgers passes it up holds until 4 seconds and gets spun down 

Rodgers got hurt being gunshy, something that was present on the 22 tape 

Also that was a normal hit by nfl standards it happens 100 times every weekend. Rodgers is just brittle 

And even beyond that it's Joe Douglas who signed Duane Brown a player that should be retired. 

Again not to defend Keith Carter but it's more complicated than the line coach sucks so Rodgers got hurt 

You're answer the original question there's no way Rodgers will a stay healthy and b recapture his mvp form. They are not real contenders 

14 minutes ago, section314 said:

One other thing I forgot to add in my post earlier. What could possibly be the selling points we will  try to make to FA’s in two days? I can’t think of one.😩

It's better than going to the cfl 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Pac said:

They won 7 games with the worst QB in the league,  an O line absolutely decimated by injuries, and the anti christ for an OL coach. 

I think they'll be OK guys.

Prepare to be pleasantly surprised by the march to the playoffs.  I'm excited to see your tears of joy and mea culpas. 

Number one overall pick confirmed

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Not to defend Keith Carter who is terrible but watch that play again. Thr cut block buys Rodgers 2 seconds. Wilson is open. Rodgers passes it up holds until 4 seconds and gets spun down 

Rodgers got hurt being gunshy, something that was present on the 22 tape 

Also that was a normal hit by nfl standards it happens 100 times every weekend. Rodgers is just brittle 

And even beyond that it's Joe Douglas who signed Duane Brown a player that should be retired. 

Again not to defend Keith Carter but it's more complicated than the line coach sucks so Rodgers got hurt 

You're answer the original question there's no way Rodgers will a stay healthy and b recapture his mvp form. They are not real contenders 

Rodgers, being the narcissistic clownshoe that he is, passed up the layup on the play and was looking for the deep shot. The cut block disallowed the option of holding the ball for the extra second. Foolish by Rodgers, but if Brown is on his feet, Rodgers doesn’t get Leonard Floyd riding on his back at the three second mark. The fact that they scrapped the cut block altogether after that game is an admission of their complicity and someone should have been fired.  

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, section314 said:

One other thing I forgot to add in my post earlier. What could possibly be the selling points we will  try to make to FA’s in two days? I can’t think of one.😩

The jets have a long history of outbidding teams and paying the “Jets tax” and having mercenaries that are just here for the money but with a tight cap it’s going to be tricky. 

saw someone, a current player I think it was, saying something like free agency choices are  about money, money and winning. The Jets will have to be high bidder and I’m sure Rodgers will be making calls. 

my script would include the Dolphins and Bills being in cap hell and the cheaters rebuilding so we just need to fix the offense and can you imagine winning in NY ?  The media exposure leads to TV jobs too. 

• Upvote 1

Mine is Keith Carter. The fact that Saleh hired this guy, saw what the line looked like last year, and still chose to bring him back in this make or break season. Without exaggeration, it was Keith Carter who got Rodgers hurt by making his tackles cut block—which immediately went away after that Bills game, btw. And now he’s keeping Carter despite the fact that he’s allegedly despised by (apparently) every veteran OL out there? And we’re going to have to lure those veterans in as free agents this offseason? Seems catastrophic. Pauline, last offseason, got a blind quote at the Senior Bowl saying the hiring of Keith Carter was a “death wish.” Couldn’t be more prophetic. 

Lack of head coaching. Can we borrow Rick Patino for a couple of seasons. lol

Blaming Carter for the cut block?   Blame the oc, if the oc and the guy who 'hates cut blocks' rodgers, did not want it, it wold not have been done and after that 1st game very rarely did you see another ot cut block all year

4 hours ago, Pac said:

They won 7 games with the worst QB in the league,  an O line absolutely decimated by injuries, and the anti christ for an OL coach. 

I think they'll be OK guys.

Prepare to be pleasantly surprised by the march to the playoffs.  I'm excited to see your tears of joy and mea culpas. 

Don't forget Rodgers is playing four more years!

We have a whole presidential term of prosperity ahead of us!  

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

It's better than going to the cfl 

A long, long time ago back in the 50's, some players came to the CFL because it paid more.

1952 Heisman trophy winner Billy Vessels from Oklahoma was drafted 2nd overall by the Colts in 1953 but elected to play for the Edmonton Eskimos instead.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Woody Johnson is a guy with two penis names . Until he sells the team we are SKA-ROOOOD screwed

Too bad his first name wasn't Richard.  

It would've been a hat trick of penis names. 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Bill Parcells definitely held a play sheet at times here. He actually called plays on offense briefly in 99

He didn’t have a play sheet in front of him.  Other than those couple of games where he took the playcalling away from Weiss.  
Could have done others either way

I know they'll get a real number 2 wr. I know they'll add a solid wr4, and Rodgers will be back. 

Its redundant and has been said ad nauseum, but I'm very concerned about the oline

Even if they hit on the 3-4 guys they need. It takes time for a new oline to come together 

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He didn’t have a play sheet in front of him.  Other than those couple of games where he took the playcalling away from Weiss.  
Could have done others either way

I remember him staring at a play sheet from time to time throughout his tenure here. He liked to keep a close monitor on the offensive play-calling, in particular. 

Not really sure what’s going to ruin the Jets, but it’s obvious @T0mShane @Matt39 and @Jetsfan80 will ruin this forum. If they haven’t already. Your posts are trash. You need a new lead. How about another team to root for ? Just a thought. 

You are what makes Jets fans a laughing stock. Your sky is falling mentality is regurgitated over and over again. And somehow you are celebrated here as some kind of royalty. 🤮 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I remember him staring at a play sheet from time to time throughout his tenure here. He liked to keep a close monitor on the offensive play-calling, in particular. 

It wasn’t his regular thing.  Shula, Belichick, Tomlin, Pete Carol, Etc, etc.  some of the best ever didn’t.  

1 minute ago, Jdeet said:

Not really sure what’s going to ruin the Jets, but it’s obvious @T0mShane @Matt39 and @Jetsfan80 will ruin this forum. If they haven’t already. Your posts are trash. You need a new lead. How about another team to root for ? Just a thought. 

You are what makes Jets fans a laughing stock. Your sky is falling mentality is regurgitated over and over again. And somehow you are celebrated here as some kind of royalty. 🤮 

dem success GIF

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Jdeet said:

And somehow you are celebrated here as some kind of royalty. 🤮 

This is always the tell—whenever a dude gets upset about somebody else getting “likes” and whatnot, you know you’re dealing with a truly broken soul. Brother, this is the internet. Go adopt a cat. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It wasn’t his regular thing.  Shula, Belichick, Tomlin, Pete Carol, Etc, etc.  some of the best ever didn’t.  

Definitely not his regular thing, but he definitely did it on occasion, which was my point 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Definitely not his regular thing, but he definitely did it on occasion, which was my point 

My point is it’s not indicative of being able to coach or agreeing with I’ve never seen a HC without a play sheet in front of him as was stated.  

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

My point is it’s not indicative of being able to coach or agreeing with I’ve never seen a HC without a play sheet in front of him as was stated.  

Can’t disagree there, but Saleh has had a terrible offense his entire duration here, so it’s fair to wonder whether he should consider taking a more hands-on approach (which might include something like following along on the offensive play sheet when we have the ball)