Enough of your gross optimism. What’s the thing that you know in your heart is going to ruin the Jets this year?

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They definitely aren’t acting like a group that’s confident in their ability to win anything of consequence this year, from the owner on down. 

They can’t even cut Zach and move on. It’s a mess. Like there’s one move to make that shows you’re at least being somewhat serious. Instead, it lingers and will continue to linger.

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

They won 7 games with the worst QB in the league,  an O line absolutely decimated by injuries, and the anti christ for an OL coach. 

I think they'll be OK guys.

Prepare to be pleasantly surprised by the march to the playoffs.  I'm excited to see your tears of joy and mea culpas. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

It’s only a matter of time until I see fake hype from Saleh, Eric Allen, Woody, etc. and start rooting against this team.

This team better be humble as hell this offseason (not gonna happen) and worry about winning a few games before “making the Super Bowl”.

Ridiculous expectations are going to blow up the locker room again.  One of our useless reporters ought to ask Saleh what idiotic mantra he has up his sleeve for this season.  I’m sure he has none - take away Rodgers and Saleh likely would have resigned to the golf course.  All his stupid life lessons these passed few years have dried up and died.  Coaching will ultimately be the problem.

• Upvote 1

Backup qb.  Rodgers is going to get hurt early and they’re not going to be able to overcome it with mediocre qb play.  I know there’s people here who are going to say that the jets won with both wilson and simian last year, but that was last year.  The league is getting more qbs, qbs are moving around and it’s hard to win when you have the worse qb.  

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

They can’t even cut Zach and move on. It’s a mess. Like there’s one move to make that shows you’re at least being somewhat serious. Instead, it lingers and will continue to linger.

I don’t think they want to get cucked by Shanahan bringing Zach in for free.

• Upvote 1

Since you asked.....

1. Aaron Rodgers - won't be close to the player he was in 2021.  May not even be what he was 2022.  Not worth the price in year 2.  Finishes in bottom half of NFL QB's, possibly even bottom 10.

2. O-Line - JD sucks at building O-line, ours will suck again (and be fragile again) in 2022.  Fans will blame this on #1 above and demand Rodgers be back for a third and final failed season in NY before calling it quits, going down as one of the worst trades in NFL history.

3. WR - Wilson will again be our only meaningful talent in 2022.  JD will think "A-Rod will fix it" for Cobb, Lazard, Gipson, Brownlee.  JD still in love with his own UDFA picks who are, sadly, JAGS.  Wilson demands trade in 2025 offseason.

4. Bonus Doomsaying:  Hall gets hurt again.  So does Izzy.  RB is a black hole, production wise.

Doom has now be said.

On the bright side, the Defense finishes top 12.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Without exaggeration, it was Keith Carter who got Rodgers hurt by making his tackles cut block—

I have to stop you there. There are hundreds of thousands of bad plays called that do not result in injury. There are also "great" plays that end up in freak injuries. Having an injured and old Duane Brown protecting your future hall of famer's blindside is the more pressing issue. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Saleh is essentially a lame duck coach. I'm sure he was left with the scrap heap of coaching options this offseason. The choice of hiring KC in the first place was bad, but I don't think it was possible to upgrade from him this offseason.

They should have extended or fired Saleh to avoid this problem. This will likely impact our ability to sign FA's too.

I said at the beginning of last year, it was either going to be an absolute disaster or they're a playoff team. I think that holds for 2024 again.

That gives me a fantastic middle ground to enjoy if they're actually good, and give myself room to be surprised by a new depths of depravity and ineptitude that this franchise is known for. 

Why limit myself to one pitfall prediction when the Jets are nearly guaranteed to give you one you've never seen before?

• Post of the Week 1

Short answer…. because they’re the Jets and losing is the main component of their DNA. The names always change but the results never do.

What my heart tells me and it makes me sick to my stomach as a guy that is going into season 45 as a season ticket holder and has wasted more$ on this sh*t organization than most people have in their IRA’s is this…@TOmShane, you had a post this past week and I can’t remember the source, where you said Woody would have fired everyone at season’s end if he didn’t feel trapped by the Rogers trade. That answered absolutely for me what I have suspected all along, that this whole AR catastrophe is 100% Woody, and that we have now hit the point of no return with an imbecile owner making every major decision and disregarding his so called “football people” in the process. Ask yourselves a simple question.. if the whole Rogers mess wasn’t all Woody, then why weren’t both JD and Saleh canned on the spot? They certainly deserved to be just on merit. That’s what scares the crap out of me and should every Jet fan.

Robert Saleh ... The guy is a meathead d coordinator that dances in the sideline when a tackle is made, has zero involvement in offense as a head coach, and is happy to leave that side of the ball to chance so he can use it as a scapegoat  for his ineptitude.

I have never seen a head coach NEVER hold a play sheet before .. sad

44 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mine is Keith Carter. The fact that Saleh hired this guy, saw what the line looked like last year, and still chose to bring him back in this make or break season. Without exaggeration, it was Keith Carter who got Rodgers hurt by making his tackles cut block—which immediately went away after that Bills game, btw. And now he’s keeping Carter despite the fact that he’s allegedly despised by (apparently) every veteran OL out there? And we’re going to have to lure those veterans in as free agents this offseason? Seems catastrophic. Pauline, last offseason, got a blind quote at the Senior Bowl saying the hiring of Keith Carter was a “death wish.” Couldn’t be more prophetic. 

I don't believe Keith is as bad as people paint him to be, he got guys like Schweitzer and PS squad guys to play at a decent level (after ZW was benched of course). OL once again was murdered by injuries and thats much more on Saleh bitch ass training camp antics and his medical staff.

Once again the death of this team is going to be the GM who has proved time and time again to not have the ability to build a team (see Duane Brown 70 year old starting LT).

Saleh also worries me, the jets don't win often but this guy don't even call plays but always seems lost in the sidelines, his time managment and the fact that the jets can't peform in the first quarter is very problematic. Also in Saleh and his CS, they don't seem to know how to play their young players (countless cases of rookies outplaying vets but didn't getting any play time).

So even if we have a perfect FA and draft there are some core problems with this team that i don't think even a mvp level season for Rodgers can save us.

Best outcome: Wildcard with 1 playoff win

Worst outcome: Rodgers get hurt again and Saleh is canned mid season (blessing in disguise)

45 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

#Weapinz in free agency/the draft and prioritizing pass protection.

Breece Hall is the Lisan Al Gaib and we should only be signing and drafting absolute people movers on the offensive line. 

Instead, we're gonna sign some stupid pass-blocking chumps and draft Brock "Dustin Keller" Bowers @ 10. 

Javier Bardem Wtf GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Aaron Rodgers.

Nobody wants to admit it, but the minute the org chose to pursue him the wheels came off and it’s been carnage since. No strategy, no foresight, no problem solving… only pandering to his sh*t personality and watching things deteriorate while lining up scapegoats.

• Upvote 4

Aaron Rodgers being given sway over the roster is as big a calamity as when they gave the same authority to Rex in his 3rd year… and we’ve been on the spiral from that decision to this day.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Mine is Keith Carter. The fact that Saleh hired this guy, saw what the line looked like last year, and still chose to bring him back in this make or break season. Without exaggeration, it was Keith Carter who got Rodgers hurt by making his tackles cut block—which immediately went away after that Bills game, btw. And now he’s keeping Carter despite the fact that he’s allegedly despised by (apparently) every veteran OL out there? And we’re going to have to lure those veterans in as free agents this offseason? Seems catastrophic. Pauline, last offseason, got a blind quote at the Senior Bowl saying the hiring of Keith Carter was a “death wish.” Couldn’t be more prophetic. 

I’m starting to get the feeling that the Jets don’t know what they are doing 😂

yeah Carter was the obvious sacrificial lamb and how he is still here is a bamboozle.  The free agent aspect is the really bad one but it’s also the reason he is unpopular is how he works the veterans during the season that contributes to injuries and I get the feeling that this year is going to be as bizarre and frustrating as last year 

47 minutes ago, Pac said:

They won 7 games with the worst QB in the league,  an O line absolutely decimated by injuries, and the anti christ for an OL coach. 

I think they'll be OK guys.

Prepare to be pleasantly surprised by the march to the playoffs.  I'm excited to see your tears of joy and mea culpas. 

DOOM!

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

They definitely aren’t acting like a group that’s confident in their ability to win anything of consequence this year, from the owner on down. 

Finally a positive post from TS.  The Jets ownership and management are grounded in realistic expectations during the offseason.

43 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Since you asked.....

1. Aaron Rodgers - won't be close to the player he was in 2021.  May not even be what he was 2022.  Not worth the price in year 2.  Finishes in bottom half of NFL QB's, possibly even bottom 10.

2. O-Line - JD sucks at building O-line, ours will suck again (and be fragile again) in 2022.  Fans will blame this on #1 above and demand Rodgers be back for a third and final failed season in NY before calling it quits, going down as one of the worst trades in NFL history.

3. WR - Wilson will again be our only meaningful talent in 2022.  JD will think "A-Rod will fix it" for Cobb, Lazard, Gipson, Brownlee.  JD still in love with his own UDFA picks who are, sadly, JAGS.  Wilson demands trade in 2025 offseason.

4. Bonus Doomsaying:  Hall gets hurt again.  So does Izzy.  RB is a black hole, production wise.

Doom has now be said.

On the bright side, the Defense finishes top 12.

I'll add that by mid season we will have young stars begging to be traded to another team. "Hello Cleveland!!"

My list goes as:

1. Old one leg Rodgers 

2. Rodgers influence on FA 

3. JD the bald headed cuckold 

4. Clueless look at me stair runner Saleh

5. AFC has all the young stud QBs 

*6. If the NFL is rigged why would these owners want a Rodgers lead team in the SB especially when you have a potential Chiefs dynasty, the rivalry with mahomes / Allen / burrow / Lamar, all these juicy storylines…. where do we fit in the script?

1 hour ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

It’s only a matter of time until I see fake hype from Saleh, Eric Allen, Woody, etc. and start rooting against this team.

This team better be humble as hell this offseason (not gonna happen) and worry about winning a few games before “making the Super Bowl”.

Ridiculous expectations are going to blow up the locker room again.  One of our useless reporters ought to ask Saleh what idiotic mantra he has up his sleeve for this season.  I’m sure he has none - take away Rodgers and Saleh likely would have resigned to the golf course.  All his stupid life lessons these passed few years have dried up and died.  Coaching will ultimately be the problem.

The coach couldn’t be bothered to go to the combine. Pompous, arrogant and lazy. Also, our best pass rusher is walking out the door while Carter II hasn’t been extended and the punter/kicker test the waters. What exactly does Joe Douglas do on a  day to day basis?

• Upvote 2