Enough of your gross optimism. What’s the thing that you know in your heart is going to ruin the Jets this year?

Please tell me why this team should be exempt from hatred after one of the worst 13 year stretches (and counting) in pro sports history. 

Who did they were exempt? It's just rare to find a forum that is as dedicated to trashing their own team as this one. I was just wishing that there was one like this full of Dolphin fans sh*tting on their team. I'd love to visit and revel in their misery!

5 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Who did they were exempt? It's just rare to find a forum that is as dedicated to trashing their own team as this one. I was just wishing that there was one like this full of Dolphin fans sh*tting on their team. I'd love to visit and revel in their misery!

I’ve visited Dolphins and Bills forums a few times and there’s plenty of hate thrown around. Both organizations have been pretty bottom tier since 2000 until the last couple years or so. This idea that hating your own team is unique to Jets fans is just wrong. 

• Upvote 2

We all knew last year would be a disaster once Saleh did that stupid fake speech

Nothing will change this year- organization of the waking dead

the ones who can, bailed

the rest suck

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If—as the entire sporting world was well aware—he thought Zach was inviable and he left himself in a position where Zach was his only alternative behind a 40 year old Aaron Rodgers, then yes, he got what he deserved. If your backup parachute is an anvil, nobody should feel sorry for you when you end up a pool of bloody paste on the ground

You’re right about this from an organizational standpoint but frankly I think Saleh just doesn’t have the power to “put his foot down” and demand things.

This is Woodys show and having first time DC head coaches who have no power is how he does it.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

I’ve visited Dolphins and Bills forums a few times and there’s plenty of hate thrown around. Both organizations have been pretty bottom tier since 2000 until the last couple years or so. This idea that hating your own team is unique to Jets fans is just wrong. 

We're more justified though. :)

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

It’s only a matter of time until I see fake hype from Saleh, Eric Allen, Woody, etc. and start rooting against this team.

This team better be humble as hell this offseason (not gonna happen) and worry about winning a few games before “making the Super Bowl”.

Ridiculous expectations are going to blow up the locker room again.  One of our useless reporters ought to ask Saleh what idiotic mantra he has up his sleeve for this season.  I’m sure he has none - take away Rodgers and Saleh likely would have resigned to the golf course.  All his stupid life lessons these passed few years have dried up and died.  Coaching will ultimately be the problem.

Wow that's a lot of deep premonition right there. No wonder Darnold's Forehead is so huge.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Matt39 said:

the punter/kicker test the waters. What exactly does Joe Douglas do on a  day to day basis?

You keep repeating yourself with this one.  Not understanding league rules is one of your weak spots.  But you keep ragging people for not doing their jobs when it’s you that doesn’t get it.  How and when they’re allowed to practice, how many practices in pads and that they can't sign either before the first day of the league year.  
There’s pesky technicality, the veteran salary cap

• Upvote 2

Suprising Rodgers didnt put his good foot down and insist they fire this inept bum.  Makes zero sense to retain him. Just dont get it.   Any other team fires this guy after the first week of Rodgers going down and out for the season. Just dont get it.

16 hours ago, oatmeal said:

My list goes as:

1. Old one leg Rodgers 

2. Rodgers influence on FA 

3. JD the bald headed cuckold 

4. Clueless look at me stair runner Saleh

5. AFC has all the young stud QBs 

*6. If the NFL is rigged why would these owners want a Rodgers lead team in the SB especially when you have a potential Chiefs dynasty, the rivalry with mahomes / Allen / burrow / Lamar, all these juicy storylines…. where do we fit in the script?

We don’t, we will be 3rd in the AFCE this season and I’m going to enjoy every minute eating popcorn 🍿 while I do.

• Post of the Week 1

19 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

It’s only a matter of time until I see fake hype from Saleh, Eric Allen, Woody, etc. and start rooting against this team.

This team better be humble as hell this offseason (not gonna happen) and worry about winning a few games before “making the Super Bowl”.

Ridiculous expectations are going to blow up the locker room again.  One of our useless reporters ought to ask Saleh what idiotic mantra he has up his sleeve for this season.  I’m sure he has none - take away Rodgers and Saleh likely would have resigned to the golf course.  All his stupid life lessons these passed few years have dried up and died.  Coaching will ultimately be the problem.

Actually, coaching on D with Ulbrich and STs with Boyer will be good. And the translation of Woody saying Saleh has to handle coaching on O will be like the coaching on O on teams that had Brady, P. Manning, etc. Rodgers will be the on field O coordinator where the plays coming in are really the plays he picks.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, slimjasi said:

An under the radar worry of mine is that the defense gets banged up this year and takes a step back. 

Everyone is penciling in a top 5 defense, but it’s hard to keep a unit healthy and playing at an elite level for 3 straight years. The jets have had very few major injuries on defense over the last two seasons and I am worried that luck will run out next season.

The offense will take a step forward, but the defense will take a step back. 

Of all the comments, this one stood out to me.  It's always the place you think is least likely.  I could totally see the defense having issues next year (whether due to injuries or whatever).

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Larz said:

The answer is injuries for me.  All teams suffer injuries obviously but this team can’t get out of august without losing a starter for the season. It’s like 3 week injuries are what happens to other teams, this team is straight to IR. 

Chuck Clark is a great example. Totally forgot he was on the team lol. 28 year old starter with the Ravens, comes here, boom done. He freaking hurt himself in JUNE.  how is that even possible lol. 

played 96 games in 6 years with the Ravens.  

During the superbowl broadcast I think Aikman said the 9ers were as healthy as they were all year, only missing one starter.  Looks like that was Ferrell and he lasted up to 1/20.  

Its a dumb sport to follow, injuries break so many seasons 

How about that 49er injury where the defensive player tore his ACL running onto the field during the Super Bowl.  Of all the crazy bad luck.

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

End of the day, Saleh has delivered with his side of the ball—the defense is better than it has any right to be. Unfortunately, he seems to be helpless on the offensive side of the ball, which is where all the team’s problems are and where he hasn’t fixed a thing

Saleh is the HC of the team.  He doesn't have a "side of the ball".  And the defense wasn't better than it had a right to be, imo.  It's a very talented defense that I think many DCs could do just as well with.  That's not a knock on Saleh's ability to coach the defense btw.  I think he's probably a solid DC.

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Rodgers, being the narcissistic clownshoe that he is, passed up the layup on the play and was looking for the deep shot. The cut block disallowed the option of holding the ball for the extra second. Foolish by Rodgers, but if Brown is on his feet, Rodgers doesn’t get Leonard Floyd riding on his back at the three second mark. The fact that they scrapped the cut block altogether after that game is an admission of their complicity and someone should have been fired.  

Rodgers is also a 1st ballot HOF QB.  We can't trust his judgment?

14 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. This is one of those times.

14 hours ago, doitny said:

and won 7 the year before.

that clock isnt as broken as you think

The clock turns 7 twice a day though!!!  :)

I kid I kid

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Saleh is the HC of the team.  He doesn't have a "side of the ball".  And the defense wasn't better than it had a right to be, imo.  It's a very talented defense that I think many DCs could do just as well with.

Lol, yes he does. Just like many other HCs.  Saying the defense is just talented and not giving credit to Saleh is kind of just…hating on the guy. 
Has many faults but him and Ulbrich have done well with “their side of the ball”. 

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Saleh is the HC of the team.  He doesn't have a "side of the ball".  And the defense wasn't better than it had a right to be, imo.  It's a very talented defense that I think many DCs could do just as well with.  That's not a knock on Saleh's ability to coach the defense btw.  I think he's probably a solid DC.

It’s this exact philosophy why the jets are where they are.  Nobody (except for ironically maybe rodgers) wants accountability for the offense. 

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

What’s going to ruin the jets this year?  Seeing Zach go to another team and flourish proving the teams losses were all on saleh.

For posterity, so there is no confusion, can you please define what you mean by "flourish"?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, rangerous said:

What’s going to ruin the jets this year?  Seeing Zach go to another team and flourish proving the teams losses were all on saleh.

Zach would have to get playing time to have that shot.  Hard to do that when the league considers you to be a worthless QB3.

• Upvote 1

On 3/9/2024 at 10:30 AM, Pac said:

They won 7 games with the worst QB in the league,  an O line absolutely decimated by injuries, and the anti christ for an OL coach. 

I think they'll be OK guys.

Prepare to be pleasantly surprised by the march to the playoffs.  I'm excited to see your tears of joy and mea culpas. 

• Haha 2

On 3/9/2024 at 10:47 AM, UntouchableCrew said:

I think there’s a cultural rot.

The fact that every coach or scout who can get the equivalent of a promotion in order to leave is fleeing is very telling. Everyone knows this regime is dead in the water and we’re just playing out the string before cleaning house next year.

We wasted our window of that elite 2022 draft class because Zach Wilson is an all time bust and the move to go all in on Rodgers was a disaster. 

Would love to see Rodgers retire before the draft.  We could rip the band said off and get a new QB on the cheap.   Just cut Zach and then release him.

• Thumb Down 1