Possible Suitor for Wilson

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

5 million is in no way shape or form enough of a cap issue to include a pick.  That would be epically stupid.

It’s either that or cutting him. Or keeping him, which is what’s going to happen (and was always happening). Wonder how the offseason in Utah is going

• Haha 1

David Archuleta sings 'Be Still My Soul' to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir ...

Membership Requirements

• You must:
    Be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in good standing.
  • Be between 25 and 55 years of age on April 30, of the year choir service would begin (the year following your application.)
  • Currently reside within 100 miles of the Salt Lake Tabernacle in Salt Lake City, Utah.
  • Zach Wilson becomes eligible August 3, 2024.
  • Haha 1

Not interested at all in giving up a pick so a team takes Wilson and we eat salary. Just keep him as QB3. He’s younger!or very close in age than most the QBs even in this draft for the mid rounds anyway.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

It’s either that or cutting him. Or keeping him, which is what’s going to happen (and was always happening). Wonder how the offseason in Utah is going

I refuse to believe it.

Having him on the team is a huge negative in many ways and I am sure they promised to move him let him go.

If they can't trade him they will have to cut him and eat the salary, or give him away for futures (2026 7th rounder) and eat most of his salary.

• Upvote 4

I don't think keeping Zach is a negative to the team. It's a negative to him. I don't see him making waves behind the scenes. He was benched in 2022 and deactivated and seemed to handle it ok. Same goes when Jets traded for Rodgers. 

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Now, I was never a Zach fan and I suspected that the market for his services would be pretty lean, but I didn’t realize it’d end up being “Hey maybe spend a year in the UFL and get back to us” lean. 

It turns out being an expensive QB3 isn’t particularly attractive in a year with a strong QB draft class. Who knew!??!?!? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

It’s just wild that a young QB with Zach’s array of skills and accrued experience isn’t even valued as a worthwhile project for some team as their #2. This was the consensus second best QB in the draft a few years ago and now nobody wants to give him a sniff of one the 32 backup jobs in the league? Blake Bortles was an in-demand backup. Marcus Mariota gets jobs. Drew Lock. Nathan Peterman. It’s striking, and it speaks to issues that go beyond his on the field play. 

Trey Lance got a 4th in order to be a 3rd string behind Cooper Rush.   

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s just wild that a young QB with Zach’s array of skills and accrued experience isn’t even valued as a worthwhile project for some team as their #2. This was the consensus second best QB in the draft a few years ago and now nobody wants to give him a sniff of one the 32 backup jobs in the league? Blake Bortles was an in-demand backup. Marcus Mariota gets jobs. Drew Lock. Nathan Peterman. It’s striking, and it speaks to issues that go beyond his on the field play. 

Never underestimate the destructive power the jers have on Qbs, they ruined AR in less than one series, that’s not easy 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Trey Lance got a 4th in order to be a 3rd string behind Cooper Rush.   

I don't think Dallas made that deal knowing he'd be third string. They based it on his ability. And Rush beat him out for backup last season it could be a different story this year. Plus rumors Dak could be traded. As for ZW rumors there are teams interested in trading for him but Jets are holding not folding for a better deal esp on salary. I think we're talking about a million or two. 

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yea, his value is nonexistent

To me, it speaks to how many bad starts he has under his belt, more than anything else. 

i think the jets could have gotten something for him after 2022 without having to pay him to play for someone else. But, with that 3rd bad year in a row, it sounds like the Jets can only trade him if they are willing to cover his salary and they, understandably, don’t want to do that. 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Wonder how the offseason in Utah is going

Since he’s been here, not like you expected.  
Then there’s the problem with the CBA not allowing practice.  

Nice try though

• Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Yea, his value is nonexistent

To me, it speaks to how many bad starts he has under his belt, more than anything else. 

i think the jets could have gotten something for him after 2022 without having to pay him to play for someone else. But, with that 3rd bad year in a row, it sounds like the Jets can only trade him if they are willing to cover his salary and they, understandably, don’t want to do that. 

But what about the FLASHES??? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Not interested at all in giving up a pick so a team takes Wilson and we eat salary. Just keep him as QB3. He’s younger!or very close in age than most the QBs even in this draft for the mid rounds anyway.

So what? He has no future here and wasting a roster spot on him for an actual developmental QB is senseless. There is no upside here.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

If nobody wants him and hes being paid, he will be qb3

not sure what the bruhaha is all about

Because it prevents the Jets from drafting and developing a QB that could potentially have a future here?

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

How many times does Zach have to make you eat crow?

How many times does your smooth brain have to be told I’m not defending him in a post that you feel compelled to comment on while totally missing the point.  WTF does he being in NJ, which I know for a fact have to do with him being a bust.  Something I’ve said he is over and over and you still have to post stupid nonsense like this.  

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How many times does your smooth brain have to be told I’m not defending him in a post that you feel compelled to comment on while totally missing the point.  WTF does he being in NJ, which I know for a fact have to do with him being a bust.  Something I’ve said he is over and over and you still have to post stupid nonsense like this.  

He has a point.  Zach is in Bora Bora and could care less about getting better at football because he has a trust fund and a cushy made up job with his family’s company when he’s completely out of the NFL in 2 years

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

He has a point.  Zach is in Bora Bora and could care less about getting better at football because he has a trust fund and a cushy made up job with his family’s company when he’s completely out of the NFL in 2 years

No he has no point.  Matt without a clue rides the guy all the time.  He’s not in UT, has spent the offseason in NJ with Nicolette.  I know, you two are clueless.
Pointed that out and he now has switched his whine to he knows he doesnt work hard and you agreed.  None of us know what he does or doesn’t go.  His problems aren’t workout related.  They’re mental.  
Tell us, who has given him a trust fund, why would he need a trust fund given he’s made almost $40M?  And for bonus points, what’s the family business that will give the $40M man a job?  

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

He came in to compete and lost 

And no one out there has any interest in giving up anything to have zach compete. A 4th for Lance and bada for Wilson. 

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

If nobody wants him and hes being paid, he will be qb3

not sure what the bruhaha is all about

1) He's a toxic quitter 

2) That’s a roster spot that could be used on a real player 

3) Rodgers and Tyrod both have injury concerns. So help me god don’t let Zach Wilson take another snap for this team.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, Dcat said:

And no one out there has any interest in giving up anything to have zach compete. A 4th for Lance and bada for Wilson. 

Lance was somewhat of a mystery, Zach’s tape is damning. Jets need to just pony up to get him off the team.