Jets put Lazard on the trade block

• extmenace changed the title to Jets put Lazard on the trade block
Just now, extmenace said:

Can’t imagine there would be a market for him. He’s painfully average and who would eat 10 mill for him? Hopefully this is a sign though that we have something lined up for a 2nd or 3rd WR coming soon. Either way it’s good news.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Would be great if they can trade him for a decent pick. 

Won’t get much, jets pick up part of salary and a 6th or 7th I’d guess, or maybe one disappointing player for another at a different position.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Keys to Success:

#21 = admit mistakes sooner than later (something Jets took 3 years to do on Zach)

Trade him for a 2030 7th rounder and eat 1/2 of his bloated salary.

Goal is to dump salary and whatever future late rounder you can get.  Add in a coupon to BK to close the deal.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

Lazard is Rodgers butt boy 

Too many jobs on the line, maybe those whose jobs are at stake are going to do what they want vs bowing down to Rodgers likings? Or maybe Rodgers knows we’ll replace butt boy Lazard for butt boy bakhariti, so all will be good?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Oh wow GM Aaron Rodgers has really lost control! 

Or he’s leaving but I’ve been raked though the coals long enough today for have the audacity to suggest this.

🤷‍♂️

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Or he’s leaving but I’ve been raked though the coals long enough today for have the audacity to suggest this.

🤷‍♂️

The jets have been sniffing around qbs enough so far to think that they’re planning for rodgers to leave, either through retirement to politics or just b/c they think he may get hurt again.  They did have a lot of time to ponder this

• Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

🤷‍♂️

Oh right I’m sorry I must have forgot about that

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Too many jobs on the line, maybe those whose jobs are at stake are going to do what they want vs bowing down to Rodgers likings? Or maybe Rodgers knows we’ll replace butt boy Lazard for butt boy bakhariti, so all will be good?

we wil bring in the bum from the Chiefs who is an ex Packer  MVS

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Every ******* thread is going to devolve into Rodgers leaving to run for VP. Every one.

I refuse to open up that thread, read an article about it or even acknowledge that story other than for this one comment. It’s so unbelievably far fetched I’m not going to get sucked in.

• Upvote 3

Allen-Lazard.jpg

Looking to upgrade their wide receiver room with a bit of “addition by subtraction”, the New York Jets are reportedly trying to move wide receiver Allen Lazard.  This, according to Zack Rosenblatt of  The Athletic.

The #Jets have made Allen Lazard available in trade talks this offseason, multiple team and league sources tell me and @DMRussini.

Lazard is due a $10 million salary this season. The Jets would save $3.4M (or $10M post-June 1) by trading him.

— Zack Rosenblatt (@ZackBlatt) March 14, 2024

Set to make $10 million this season, Lazard would represent a modest cap savings of just over $3 million.  But given his atrocious play in 2023, perhaps finding a taker on the trade market would make it worth it.

Lazard arrived in New York with high hopes but posted just 23 catches for 311 yards and just a single touchdown.

The post Report: Jets Shopping Allen Lazard appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...