Jets put Lazard on the trade block

I think Lazard is better than he was last season. Look the entire offense was dysfunctional not just him. I thought the Jets gave him a better deal than he deserved last year he never had the kind of cred to back up that contract. But he's known as a good blocking WR and a better than average receiver. One thing I like about the guy is to my knowledge he hadn't trashed anyone or blamed anybody for his mediocre season. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I think Lazard is better than he was last season. Look the entire offense was dysfunctional not just him. I thought the Jets gave him a better deal than he deserved last year he never had the kind of cred to back up that contract. But he's known as a good blocking WR and a better than average receiver. One thing I like about the guy is to my knowledge he hadn't trashed anyone or blamed anybody for his mediocre season. 

Yeah but it really did look like he quit. That's unacceptable.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

Yeah but it really did look like he quit. That's unacceptable.

You mean like the entire offense quit on that 101 yard pick six on Black Friday? 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

His dropping of passes last year led the NFL I believe.  Personally, he didn't live up to 1/2 of his salary.  All gas, no brake?

Sorry, he is the opposite, and needs to go!

On 3/15/2024 at 10:56 AM, Alka said:

His dropping of passes last year led the NFL I believe.  Personally, he didn't live up to 1/2 of his salary.  All gas, no brake?

Sorry, he is the opposite, and needs to go!

He also committed back breaking, game losing penalties when he wasn’t dropping the ball

Lazard is addition by subtraction 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Yeah I just don't see it happening.  I'd just give him one more year to see if Rodgers can get something out of him.  Go draft your weapon at 10 and bring in one other veteran WR, be it a guy like Williams or Boyd, or even a lower level pickup like Renfrow.

Worst case Lazard sucks yet again and can drop down to 4th on the depth chart - maybe even 5th if one of the kids passes him(Gipson or Brownlee/whatever UDFA makes the team next year).  I think he'll be fine as a #3 though.  Then after next year you can cut him and save about $6M I believe.

Lazard wasn't this bad at WR2 with Rodgers but he sure seemed to not give any kind of sh*t about anything last year other than kicking around a soccer ball. It's going to be tough getting a decent trade out of that contract for somebody who performed so poorly for the money. 

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He has less trade value than ZW

Putting him on the “block” is like “offering”  to pass on a 10M debt to someone else.

Literally. We would have to pay up 4th-5th rounder just to move him

• Upvote 1

He has less trade value than ZW
Putting him on the “block” is like “offering”  to pass on a 10M debt to someone else.
"Less than zero"

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk