When you bring in arod

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

When you bring in Arod you are in must win now territory-

The jets are running it back with him this year again so it makes zero sense not bringing in weapons in and an established wr2 and wr3-

jets have nobody outside of Wilson at wr literally nobody 

if you are building through the draft you don’t bring in a 40 year old qb

They’re certainly on the spot.  I don’t think Douglas can lose sight of long term goals but he has a very finite window to achieve success with Rodgers as well as the young players like sauce, gWilson, jj, breece and even qwill.  These guys will all need their contracts addressed after next season and it’s doubtful they’ll be able to hold on to all of them.

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t understand what people are freaking out about right now.

Unless you really wanted to blow our wad on Calvin Ridley or trade a mid-round pick for a 32 year old Keenan Allen and eat his $23 million this year. 

Tyron Smith still available. Mike Williams still available. Tyler Boyd still available. Etc.

Shhhhhh................

too.much.common.sense.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Unless you really wanted to blow our wad on Calvin Ridley or trade a mid-round pick for a 32 year old Keenan Allen and eat his $23 million this year. 

Tyron Smith still available. Mike Williams still available. Tyler Boyd still available. Etc.

Because the probability of adding Tyron Smith is extremely slim. Leaving a gaping hole at LT. 

This team could not score points at all last year. And your WR2 basically mailed in before the season ended. So what does JD do? Looks to the bargain bin and will probably add a guy like MVS. 

Not exactly inspiring stuff.

11 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Typical over reaction from fans.  They think it is a video game where you just go add anyone you want.  That isn't how real life works.  They will still add someone and if it is Tyron Smith then I expect a top WR in the first round. 

History has proven that 1st round WRs ARE win now players. They are also win in the future players so it’s kind of a no lose. 

I have no problem with the strategy of filling all your other needs through free agency while filling that #2 weapon spot with our 1st rounder. 

1 minute ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Because the probability of adding Tyron Smith is extremely slim. Leaving a gaping hole at LT. 

This team could not score points at all last year. And your WR2 basically mailed in before the season ended. So what does JD do? Looks to the bargain bin and will probably add a guy like MVS. 

Why is it slim?

The Jets just freed up an extra $13 million yesterday morning and have a glaring need at LT. Douglas could sign Smith today if he wanted.

And does anyone honestly expect the Jets to rely on MVS as the #2 option opposite Garrett when we’re 5 months removed from Douglas sniffing around the availability of Davante Adams, Mike Evans and Tee Higgins (that we know of)?

This board is hysterical right now

Half of this goofy ass fanbase genuinely believes that Rodgers is set to abandon us, despite him taking every opportunity to reinforce how committed he is to the Jets. The f*cking guy was just on a podcast a week ago talking about potentially playing 4 more years if the circumstances permit it.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sec143dmf said:

Typical over reaction from fans.  They think it is a video game where you just go add anyone you want.  That isn't how real life works.  They will still add someone and if it is Tyron Smith then I expect a top WR in the first round. 

If the Jets get Smith then I think either a wideout or Bowers at #10 is pretty much a foregone conclusion.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

When you bring in Arod you are in must win now territory-

The jets are running it back with him this year again so it makes zero sense not bringing in weapons in and an established wr2 and wr3-

jets have nobody outside of Wilson at wr literally nobody 

if you are building through the draft you don’t bring in a 40 year old qb

Arod relinguished his GM duties back to JD because he is going to retire so he can run for VP. We are now back to JDs original plan. Jets are not in win now mode. They are in rebuild mode. Expect a qb @10. This is why JD has been scouting all the top qbs.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Don’t you get it?

People can pound the table for JSN last year, but this year we can’t draft a WR. We must sign an expensive one!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

And opening day is right around the corner!

All the teams that see a window in their current situations are making moves, hell even the freaking bears who are bringing in a rookie QB most likely 

Talented players cost in this league and all I see is jet fans making this cost excuse to justify JDs subpar moves.

You dudes will spend months praising the jags JD has brung in and when the season collapse you will be back to blaming woody 

JD is 27-56 using this approach 

14 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

If the Jets get Smith then I think either a wideout or Bowers at #10 is pretty much a foregone conclusion.

I cant see Bowers lasting past 6, but I see a few WR's that will be available all the way into the early second round.

A move that might work is trading down in the first round a few spots and picking up a second rounder this year. With that move, they can solve both LT and WR.

For example... They trade down three to five spots to get a second rounder.  Then they take OT Mimms a bit down the line in the first round. With the new second rounder, they take one of the following WRs

X. Legette, X, Worthey, Keon Coleman. Jermane Brown.

Or, they stay where they are and trade something else from next year, to pick up a second rounder this year.  

Then, they take Fashanu or Fuaga in the 10 spot and with the new second rounder they take the WRs mentioned above.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

All the teams that see a window in their current situations are making moves, hell even the freaking bears who are bringing in a rookie QB most likely 

Talented players cost in this league and all I see is jet fans making this cost excuse to justify JDs subpar moves.

You dudes will spend months praising the jags JD has brung in and when the season collapse you will be back to blaming woody 

JD is 27-56 using this approach 

If it was up to the fanbase, we would’ve spent everything on Calvin Ridley and an average guard like Jonah Jackson on the first day of FA.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Larz said:

We can judge the roster in august. It’s 2 days into free agency 

each year I hear it is always too early to judge Joe, be it in free agency , the draft , the in season record-only year one of his "plan"-always and excuse and always too early.....

all the while the jets have a terrible record under him.

It is painful watching other teams improve and be aggressive going after quality players at positions of need

We have a bad roster with many holes to fill.  I watched Joe bring in Perriman, C Davis, Lazzard, Cobb, Hardman I suspect this year by the end of FA we will get this years scrub like a MVS  or a washed out OBJ

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't understand wtf the Jets are trying to accomplish. I'm not sure they do either tbh.

been that way for 50 years yet no one gives them credit for being consistent. We all scream we want it but don't recognize we have had it all along 

57 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Boyd hasn't had a 1000 yard season since 2019.  He's a WR4 or WR5 without Burrow.

6 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Boyd hasn't had a 1000 yard season since 2019.  He's a WR4 or WR5 without Burrow.

Yeah, that’s kinda what happens when you have Jamar Chase and Tee Higgins in front of you.

He had the two best seasons of his career with Andy Dalton and Ryan Finley at QB.

He’s still a very high quality slot receiver.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

We traded for Aaron Rodgers and our #2 WR is Allen Lazard. JD has repeatedly passed on opportunities to get a legit #2 WR to pair with Garrett Wilson.  Mike Williams and Tyler Boyd are #3 type WRs.

Tyron Smith would be a very good signing. My guess is JD has his price he's willing to pay and it won't be enough. He's going to continue to pinch pennies when we're in a short, win now cycle. It's moronic and infuriating.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, kmnj said:

each year I hear it is always too early to judge Joe, be it in free agency , the draft , the in season record-only year one of his "plan"-always and excuse and always too early.....

It is painful watching other teams improve and be aggressive going after quality players at positions of need

We have a bad roster with many holes to fill.  I watched Joe bring in Perriman, C Davis, Lazzard, Cobb, Hardman I suspect this year by the end of FA we will get this years scrub like a MVS  or a washed out OBJ

This sounds like it is reasonable, but it is not.  You are complaining that he is not aggressive?  Literally his worst moves were the aggressive ones in going after QBs.  I highly disagree that the roster is so bad.  They would be close to fine if they had solid QB play.  All these alleged holes they have basically amount to one tackle and one WR. 

IMO, WR will be pretty easy to fill in the draft or free agency.  Guys are popping up all the time.  Am I supposed to be upset that they didn't go hard after Hollywood Brown?  The guy was getting 700 yards in a Kliff Kingsbury Air Raid.  Keenan Allen would have been nice, but $18M for a 32 year old seems like the kind of thing you'd all be bitching about in October.  

Tackle will be more difficult, but the #1 target is still out there.  If they dropped 10-20M on some eh WR I am sure you'd be the complaining when they didn't have enough money to sign Smith.   

You can complain about the guy, but needlessly whining about every move that doesn't get made doesn't prove anything.  We don't know who he was in or out on.  Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make.  The Cook move last year for instance would have been better left undone.  Having some money left gives them flexibility and help is always popping up. 

At the end of the day, he will be judged on his record, but IMO that is mostly on the QB.  The main failure has been at QB and identifying one is the most important job for a GM.  They swung for the fences and have struck out twice.  We will see what happens this year, but I doubt they are getting another shot if Rodgers doesn't at least get them a solid playoff run.  Honestly, I think Tyrod Taylor can get them there.  I am hoping their affinity for getting guys with similar names means they sign Tyrod and Tyron and they can give Taylor the #2 jersey this year.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I was unaware that the off season had concluded 

• Upvote 1