Daniel Jeremiah has us trading up for Marvin Harrison JR

10 minutes ago, derp said:

If you tier WR it’s probably Harrison in his own tier, Odunze and Nabers in another tier, Thomas in a third tier by himself, and then whoever else.

If they can get Harrison without giving up a lot, which is unlikely, it’s reasonable. I actually don’t think Odunze or Nabers will be there at ten so if there hits a point only one is left I think it’s reasonable to go get them. Decent gap between them and Thomas.

I disagree that MHJ is in a tier by himself. It wouldn’t shock me at all if he ends up not even being the best WR in this draft. I have the top 3 guys (MHJ, Nabers, Odunze) all very close. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Water is Wet. The sun is Hot... lol

MHJ is going in the top 5, I think that's a valid assumption. I don't see the Jets having the capital to make this move, and I don't see one getting made going from 10 to 5 for a 1st Round Swap and a 2025 2. Harbaugh will want assets this year, not next... and they just let Allen and Williams walk. It doesn't make sense from any logical standpoint. I think DJ is doing JD a favor by putting this out there to cause other teams to trade up for a guy the Jets know won't be there for them, hoping another guy they like drops. A lot of assumptions, but otherwise, it sounds like a report made just to throw SOMETHING out there on a slow news day..

It's not a report it's just a mock draft. Nothing else lol.

We say this every year. DJ is never doing JD favors. Just because they're old friends means nothing and teams aren't changing their draft plans based on a mock draft. 

Harbaugh and the Chargers also preached protecting Herbert and being able to run the ball better then they've ever had. IMO that sounds like Fuaga is certainly on the table. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The only scenario i can see where the jets are trading up in round 1 is if a guy like maye slides to 8 and woody/jd are all in on that. 

I could of course be wrong, but I don't see any possibility of JD drafting a QB in the 1st with Rodgers here, much less trading up (and the cost of many picks) for the privilege.

I too think we need a future QB (we can quibble of which one we'd want), but it's just impossible for me to see JD of all people making that decision now, in his lame duck, job-needs-saved year with Aaron Rodgers as his #1 QB mumbling about "wants to play 3-4 more years" not long ago.

And Woody, of all people, who supposedly forced Rodgers on JD (fantasy IMO, it was all JD) isn't going to suddenly abandon his big name guy for another Zach Wilson coin-flip just because, lol.  "Woody" has become a catch all excuse for any crazy idea here on JN "but Woody might..." is not really an argument as to why something is likely or possible to happen tbh.

• Upvote 1

Garrett Wilson, Marvin Harrison and Breece Hall would probably be the best trio of weapons in the league. Rodgers would win another MVP. Heck - we could even bring in a guy like Ryan Fitzpatrick and he’d win MVP with those guys 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

It's not a report it's just a mock draft. Nothing else lol.

We say this every year. DJ is never doing JD favors. Just because they're old friends means nothing and teams aren't changing their draft plans based on a mock draft. 

Harbaugh and the Chargers also preached protecting Herbert and being able to run the ball better then they've ever had. IMO that sounds like Fuaga is certainly on the table. 

Oh. OK...

Also, I'm glad you have insider knowledge on the interpersonal dynamics between Daniel Jeremiah and Joe Douglas. That's helpful, and really changes my post, that had the word "Assumption" and was speculative in nature... thanks for putting me in my place. 😁

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I disagree that MHJ is in a tier by himself. It wouldn’t shock me at all if he ends up not even being the best WR in this draft. I have the top 3 guys (MHJ, Nabers, Odunze) all very close. 

Opinions will of course vary individually - I know some like Nabers the most or Odunze the most - but general consensus (which I think) is that Harrison is on his own.

Most important for the Jets as it related to your original post is that there’s a big tier drop after those three.

DJ planting seeds to see fan reaction, so JD can then do a smaller trade up for a different WR. 

Trading up to 8 (with ATL) won’t cost nearly as much, and we’d do it to get one of Nabers/Odunze.  I’m still on board.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Oh. OK...

Also, I'm glad you have insider knowledge on the interpersonal dynamics between Daniel Jeremiah and Joe Douglas. That's helpful, and really changes my post, that had the word "Assumption" and was speculative in nature... thanks for putting me in my place. 😁

You're welcome. Do better next time 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

He has us giving up a 2 next year. And if it’s for Marvin Harrison I’d give up the 1 anyway the guy has HOF potential 

I remember when we picked Leonard Williams and he was the next Reggie White 

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

MHJ best WR prospect since Randy Moss. Go get him JD. Show is your big hairy balls.

I'd say he's the best WR prospect since Megatron. I don't see any trade happening because Chargers won't be willing to play ball.

That said, if the chargers were willing to trade out with MHJ sitting there, I don't think it would be as expensive as a lot of folks think, nor do I think it would be a bad idea to pursue it.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Garrett Wilson, Marvin Harrison and Breece Hall would probably be the best trio of weapons in the league. Rodgers would win another MVP. Heck - we could even bring in a guy like Ryan Fitzpatrick and he’d win MVP with those guys 

Hyperbole is fun! 

Maybe they'll cure cancer as well, and then write a song that unites all of humanity, Bill & Ted style, too!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I'd say he's the best WR prospect since Megatron. I don't see any trade happening because Chargers won't be willing to play ball.

That said, if the chargers were willing to trade out with MHJ sitting there, I don't think it would be as expensive as a lot of folks think, nor do I think it would be a bad idea to pursue it.

I don't think he gets past 4 tbh.

• Upvote 1

jeremiah helping his buddy joe douglas get some ink.

Marvin Harrison is trevor lawrence, thought of as being 100% generational but will be a good player though perhaps not the best wr in the class.

The one concern of him is him being afraid to compete vs other wrs and actually work out before the draft.

Someone tell me his 40, vertical, broad jump, .....oh wait no one can.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

If it’s a 2 next year and one of our 4’s this year that’s a no brainer. Hell even if it was Nabers at 5 I’d do that deal. This is honestly why I think moving up to secure one of the elite WRs makes more sense for us than a trade down. Go take your depth OT in the 3rd if you are against signing a vet swing tackle and think Warren sucks for some reason. 

This is 100% the move to make though. 

• Upvote 2

This is off-topic, but it seems to be an unusually rich year for Bloodline draftees.

Marvin Harrison Jr   
Joe Alt
Kris Jenkins     
Frank Gore Jr    
Brendan Rice    
Luke McCaffrey     
Jeremiah Trotter

• Upvote 2

Just now, Greenseed4 said:

This is off-topic, but it seems to be an unusually rich year for Bloodline draftees.

Marvin Harrison Jr   
Kris Jenkins     
Frank Gore Jr    
Brendan Rice    
Luke McCaffrey

If we play our draft right, we could likely get 4 out of 5

and Ladd McConkey is not even related to Phil!

14 minutes ago, derp said:

Opinions will of course vary individually - I know some like Nabers the most or Odunze the most - but general consensus (which I think) is that Harrison is on his own.

That’s the consensus, yes 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

jeremiah helping his buddy joe douglas get some ink.

Marvin Harrison is trevor lawrence, thought of as being 100% generational but will be a good player though perhaps not the best wr in the class.

The one concern of him is him being afraid to compete vs other wrs and actually work out before the draft.

Someone tell me his 40, vertical, broad jump, .....oh wait no one can.

Bingo 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

The top receiver never ends up being the best in the class.  Stay at ten and take whichever one falls to us. 

Stay at 10 and all 3 of them will be off the board 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

MHJ best WR prospect since Randy Moss. Go get him JD. Show us your big hairy balls.

Funnily enough, Moss wasn’t even the first WR taken in his draft. The Titans took Kevin Dyson at 16 and Moss didn’t come off the board until 21. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

If the jets win the Superbowl I truly believe that would unite the world and bring world peace lol

If the Jets win the Super Bowl, it means North Korea is about to launch the nukes 

• Haha 4

If moving up were possible, this is the one to make.  MHJ is a gold jacket-caliber prospect.  Not a sure thing, but damn close with an enormous ceiling.

But of course this will never happen because we have no 2nd rounder and would have to move up too high.

Another dent in the old "learning to win" argument.  You losers who root for December wins in lost seasons are psycho masochists.  Enjoy watching this potential future HOFer play elsewhere.

• Upvote 1