Jets Sign Mike Williams! MERGED

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

As someone who has been screaming for JD to upgrade the WR corps since the Rodgers trade I feel like a complete and total c u next Tuesday when I ask if anyone has mentioned that Mike Williams was just released with failed physical designation?

He’s been healed by the breakfast biscuit.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

It was so frustrating to see a talent like Pitts suppressed in an offense and I won't put it past Hackett to do the same if we draft Bowers.

Thankfully, Aaron Rodgers is the offensive coordinator.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pitts is still awesome my guy.  Just horribly misused.  

Thank you. Never mind bad QB play. Watch him shine with cousins.

Also people like to leave out Hockenson who’s been great out of this side of the debate who was drafted 8th and has been a success

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Thank you. Never mind bad QB play. Watch him shine with cousins.

Also people like to leave out Hockenson who’s been great out of this side of the debate who was drafted 8th and has been a success

Hockenson has not lived up to his draft slot, my man. 

• Upvote 4

Pitts is still awesome my guy.  Just horribly misused.  
I think Bowers would be misused in this offense as well. Rodgers' best tight end in his career was Tonyan and Tonyan's best year was 52/586. That's Conklin's average year.

Not saying that he's not a great prospect, but I'm not sure Bowers would have the opportunity to do more than what we already have in this offense.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

I think Bowers would be misused in this offense as well. Rodgers' best tight end in his career was Tonyan and Tonyan's best year was 52/586. That's Conklin's average year.

Not saying that he's not a great prospect, but I'm not sure Bowers would have the opportunity to do more than what we already have in this offense.

Rodgers specifically avoids the middle of the field.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He caught for 960yds and 5 tds last year with pretty much garbage QB play.

Right. 1 out of 6 years with 800 yards +. Not top 10 worthy thus far. But if he continues this trend, then we can talk. 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

Bowers wont be used like a traditional TE. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

What’s happened since then?

Mac jones was a pro bowler as a rookie 

He was used primarily as a run blocker and paired with Desmond Ridder?  Sorry, I assumed you were paying attention to at least some of that, lol.

Dude only received 149 targets total over the last 2 seasons, with the worst QB play in the league outside of New York.

2 hours ago, tdoublee said:

I'm not sure if they would use Bowers the right way here, but as far as Tonyan goes, he did have 11 touchdowns with Rodgers, and was a valuable weapon before he got hurt the following season

19 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

What’s happened since then?

Mac jones was a pro bowler as a rookie 

https://atozsports.com/atlanta/latest-kyle-pitts-injury-news-could-explain-a-lot/

MCL and PCL injury in late 2022. 

^This guy seems to think he'll finally be back to 100% in '24, but it appears that most of this can be explained by injury + bad quarterback.

But I still don't like the Bowers/Pitts comparison - we have the athletic testing from Pitts to know he's a freak. Until Bowers has his work out we just don't know?

That day is April 10th:

https://247sports.com/Article/brock-bowers-amarius-mims-eager-for-april-workout-after-being-limited-at-pro-day-228608800/

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

https://atozsports.com/atlanta/latest-kyle-pitts-injury-news-could-explain-a-lot/

MCL and PCL injury in late 2022. 

^This guy seems to think he'll finally be back to 100% in '24, but it appears that most of this can be explained by injury + bad quarterback.

But I still don't like the Bowers/Pitts comparison - we have the athletic testing from Pitts to know he's a freak. Until Bowers has his work out we just don't know?

That day is April 10th:

https://247sports.com/Article/brock-bowers-amarius-mims-eager-for-april-workout-after-being-limited-at-pro-day-228608800/

agreed 

15 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Playoffs aren't enough.

I demand a HOME playoff game at minimum.

It's funny....just one week ago today all hell was breaking loose...and now we're expecting Home playoff games.

Love it!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, tdoublee said:

Jermichael Finley says Tonyan sucks. 

13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Good news.  Maybe Pitts will be undervalued in fantasy drafts!

Exactly.  All in on Pitts this year as well as the other top ATL options.

Cousins may be incapable of winning playoff games and performing well against elite defenses but he's more than capable of letting his weppinz eat.

18 hours ago, Maxman said:

This is a great point. Receivers take time to develop. We don't have a lot of time.  :)

Not really - receivers in college are playing more of a pro system and are fairly pro ready. If GW or MW miss time we are in trouble. We already have some backup lineman with experience and can pick one in the 3rd round. WRs are expensive in FA - you need to draft your own. GW was our pick at 10 and he hit the ground running. Tackles take time to develop and you trust a vet to protect Arod more than a rookie anyhow. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly.  All in on Pitts this year as well as the other top ATL options.

Cousins may be incapable of winning playoff games and performing well against elite defenses but he's more than capable of letting his weppinz eat.

Good luck! 

• Haha 1