Jets Sign Mike Williams! MERGED

36 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Just get over it and get excited for this team. Simpson is a huge upgrade and great guy for line. 

Again you in a thread about signing a great WR 1 hating on simpson and now bringing up berrios...

dude 

You and I have a very different opinion of “huge upgrade”:

IMG_6352.thumb.jpeg.1e0b169dc5c35fe22e97e93e3cdb199f.jpeg

IMG_6353.thumb.jpeg.ea375fa46805ad522674f4b4b0ce8225.jpeg

Can you tell me which player is which?

I’m in this thread being objective.  I’ve already said it: Douglas has had a great free agency.  If all of these pieces he’s signed stay healthy, it’s a fantastic free agency that we haven’t seen since 2008 or 2010.  That doesn’t mean that it’s perfect.  Simpson, to date, is a penalty machine who, more likely than not, benefited very heavily from Lamar’s ability to extend plays, as well as the defense having to account for the threat of him taking off to run on every single play.  Those 2 things skew OL numbers in a big way and, in case you haven’t noticed, a 40 year old Aaron Rodgers coming off a major lower body injury doesn’t have the legs of Lamar Jackson.  Statistically, it’s more likely that we get the version of Simpson that we saw in Vegas when he was blocking for Derek Carr.

You don’t have to think everything is a-ok all of the time.  I got this same flack from Jets fans for saying that we were a 10-7 or 11-6 team, at best, last year because of WR2 and OL, the day we signed Rodgers.  Do you need me to give you a recap of what happened?

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Williams spent his career playing at Chargers Stadium. Guy is going to sh*t his pants when he hears MetLife Week 1 MNF

Just gotta make sure someone less consequential runs with the American flag this year.  May I suggest….Lazard?  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Williams spent his career playing at Chargers Stadium. Guy is going to sh*t his pants when he hears MetLife Week 1 MNF

heard that happens when you get slammed into a block of concrete that's painted green to look like grass

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Ok so are we now in again on a tackle?

Well, if the best T like Alt and Fashuna are there yea, but if not take a player that can contribute and maybe start like TE Bowers. This O with WRs Wilson/Williams, RB Hall, and TE Bowers could be explosive with Rogers now that the Oline has been fortified. Then in rounds 3-4 take a G and T and with the remaining 4th, 6th, and 2 7th rounders take a developmental QB, another WR, S, and maybe RB. That should stack us pretty well.

20 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You and I have a very different opinion of “huge upgrade”:

IMG_6352.thumb.jpeg.1e0b169dc5c35fe22e97e93e3cdb199f.jpeg

IMG_6353.thumb.jpeg.ea375fa46805ad522674f4b4b0ce8225.jpeg

Can you tell me which player is which?

I’m in this thread being objective.  I’ve already said it: Douglas has had a great free agency.  If all of these pieces he’s signed stay healthy, it’s a fantastic free agency that we haven’t seen since 2008 or 2010.  That doesn’t mean that it’s perfect.  Simpson, to date, is a penalty machine who, more likely than not, benefited very heavily from Lamar’s ability to extend plays, as well as the defense having to account for the threat of him taking off to run on every single play.  Those 2 things skew OL numbers in a big way and, in case you haven’t noticed, a 40 year old Aaron Rodgers coming off a major lower body injury doesn’t have the legs of Lamar Jackson.  Statistically, it’s more likely that we get the version of Simpson that we saw in Vegas when he was blocking for Derek Carr.

You don’t have to think everything is a-ok all of the time.  I got this same flack from Jets fans for saying that we were a 10-7 or 11-6 team, at best, last year because of WR2 and OL, the day we signed Rodgers.  Do you need me to give you a recap of what happened?

haters going to hate.

Simpson started all season last year - health is big concern.

Known for his run game skills - which is a big plus considering out line was so bad with the run

He also is no slouch in the pass game - check out hsi stats on pff or where ever you want.

Man he is  agreat start and much better than Lakin or whoever else we have had to start there. 

YOu are a hater. Just admit and move on,

Simpson is a great player for us and helps fix the line our big giant problem.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

That’d be a great problem to have. I will say that no matter what after this off-season JD should be safe. Saw what we needed and addressed it. It’s not his fault AR got injured last year. Wherever likely be safe regardless if he was healthy. Cut his losses with Wilson earlier than most GMs would last year with going after AR and getting him. Which is a tough pill to swallow when that’s your stamp on an organization. And he’s bounced back from it. Nearly a perfect offseason from him so far in FA. With still likely a couple more signings as well as the draft.

Cant wait for Rodgers flying everyone of his offensive teammates to Costa Rica for some “PRACTICES” Knowing our luck they take a yacht back to the US and our entire offense is either hit by a Houthi drone strike or taken hostage by a Somalian Pirate attack!

Captain Phillips GIF

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The outside WR spots are locked down now.

Still need a dependable weapon in the slot to take Lazard out of the rotation.

Kill 2 birds with one stone:

Trade back a few spots, recoup day 2 pick for McConkey.

Can still get Fuaga or Fautanu or another starting OT after trading back.

I am a big fan of trading back if possible.  I get the shiny toy that Joe Alt or Rome might be.  But this is supposed to be a VERY deep draft in O-line and WR, so getting a solid OT AND a WR would be a better idea (IMO).

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

haters going to hate.

Simpson started all season last year - health is big concern.

Known for his run game skills - which is a big plus considering out line was so bad with the run

He also is no slouch in the pass game - check out hsi stats on pff or where ever you want.

Man he is  agreat start and much better than Lakin or whoever else we have had to start there. 

YOu are a hater. Just admit and move on,

Simpson is a great player for us and helps fix the line our big giant problem.

The two players in my post are Laken Tomlinson and Simpson.

I don’t know how to tell you this, but “vibes” are not a stat nor do they address any of the broken down points I made.

11 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I respect all opinions here but how people want to pass on an OT for Bowers or a WR is puzzling considering all the injuries the OL has suffered through the past two seasons. Especially when your two starting OTs are north of 30 yrs old and have durability concerns. 

Because most of us realize that Harrison, Nabers, Odunze and Alt will most likely be off the board at #10.

Why is it some kind of no-brainer that we should take the 4th best receiver or a 1st year swing tackle over possibly the greatest TE prospect ever? Especially after being riddled with decades of Johnny Mitchell’s, Anthony Becht’s and Chris Baker’s?

On top of seeing how dudes like Kelce and Kittle have impacted the game in recent years?

Go get dudes who can make plays with the ball in their hands. Position be damned.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Because most of us realize that Harrison, Nabers, Odunze and Alt will most likely be off the board at #10.

Why is it some kind of no-brainer that we should take the 4th best receiver or a 1st year swing tackle over possibly the greatest TE prospect ever? Especially after being riddled with decades of Johnny Mitchell’s, Anthony Becht’s and Chris Baker’s?

On top of seeing how dudes like Kelce and Kittle have impacted the game in recent years?

Greatest TE prospect ever?  Seriously?  I thought that was Pitts just a few short seasons ago. 

Because without an OL Rodgers, Hall and all the other WRs, TEs won’t do squat. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Greatest TE prospect ever?  Seriously?  I thought that was Pitts just a few short seasons ago. 

If you’re drafting a guy for rodgers, which I think is a mistake, but if you are, you take the vertical threat in rome or BTJ.  Rodgers is a great downfield thrower and with Williams and one of these guys someone will always get separation and rodgers will have enough time to throw it.  There’s no becton, no Tomlinson and they have guys who can actually play.  And they’re not done yet.  But the vertical threats are what rodgers wants. 

13 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Pitts was an oversized slot from the jump

The guy is essentially incapable of playing inline. But even then I don’t get why people are acting like he’s a bust. He’s produced at a pretty high level, unless you thought his rookie year would be the bottom point of a bastsh*t insane career.

Meanwhile Bowers can play inline, shift into the slot or even be used out wide on occasion.

The guy has been the main offensive focal point of the biggest program in college football over the last 3 years.

Pressure situations mean nothing to him.

But I’m supposed to pretend like I’d be more comfortable with Bryan Thomas because he plays a more “premium” position? After we just signed Mike Williams to pair with Garrett?

LOL, no.

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

The guy is essentially incapable of playing inline.

Meanwhile Bowers can play inline, shift into the slot or even be used out wide on occasion.

The dude has been the main offensive focal point of the biggest program in college football over the last 3 years.

But I’m supposed to pretend like I’d be more comfortable with Bryan Thomas because he plays a more “premium” position? After we just signed Mike Williams to pair with Garrett?

LOL, no.

I’m taking the OT for the whole offense. 

And I’m not saying it’s the case here but this taking the 3rd ranked OT over 1st ranked TE doesn’t mean a thing if the 3rd ranked OT is higher ranked than the TE. Again not saying that’s the case here but I’ve seen that mentioned over the yrs

We’ll agree to disagree. 

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

The guy is essentially incapable of playing inline.

The dude has been the main offensive focal point of the biggest program in college football over the last 3 years.

LOL, no.

I like bowers, he’s a good player.  He would help this offense.  I just don’t know if jd would do it. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, C Mart said:

I’m taking the OT for the whole offense. 

And I’m not saying it’s the case here but this taking the 3rd ranked OT over 1st ranked TE doesn’t mean a thing if the 3rd ranked OT is higher ranked than the TE. Again not saying that’s the case here but I’ve seen that mentioned over the yrs

We’ll agree to disagree. 

I’m not saying it’s you alone, I’m saying this seems to be the prevailing thought amongst the majority of the fanbase and I don’t really understand it.

If a dude like Alt falls to #10, then I’m all for taking him and disregarding every comment I previously made.

But I’m not taking a Fuaga or a Fashanu or a Fautanu over Bowers.

I just can’t rationalize that. Again, I don’t care about positional value and I certainly couldn’t care less about them “developing” in the future.

It’s all about 2024-2025

How can we maximize those two years?

Nothing else matters 

• Upvote 1