Jets Sign Mike Williams! MERGED

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

They all said Pitts was the best TE prospect ever. And before him, Kellen Winslow II. 

I like watching bowers more than these athletic freaks b/c he seems to just know how to play football.  I think he would do well on the jets.  He’s just not my first choice.  But i don’t think he’s a bust.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Hyperbole overload. 

We're definitely in "Peak Offseason HYPE!" now, aren't we.

Hyperbole how?

I think most would agree that there are two names in that conversation:

Pitts and Bowers

About the closest your could scrape up over the last 20 years is Vernon Davis.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We easily could've lost another 1-2 games (Buffalo, Washington, NYG).  Oh, what could have been!

Some people rooted too hard for them to win. Screwed everything up!

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Greatest TE prospect ever?  Seriously?  I thought that was Pitts just a few short seasons ago. 

Because without an OL Rodgers, Hall and all the other WRs, TEs won’t do squat. 

Pitts coming out was a good player and an amazing athlete. Bowers is an amazing player and a good athlete. Both probably 2 of the best prospects to come out as tight ends but that doesn't mean much if its not a good fit. It was so frustrating to see a talent like Pitts suppressed in an offense and I won't put it past Hackett to do the same if we draft Bowers.

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Hyperbole how?

Pitts and Bowers

Lol, if you say so, my friend.  

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

You and I have a very different opinion of “huge upgrade”:

IMG_6352.thumb.jpeg.1e0b169dc5c35fe22e97e93e3cdb199f.jpeg

IMG_6353.thumb.jpeg.ea375fa46805ad522674f4b4b0ce8225.jpeg

Can you tell me which player is which?

I’m in this thread being objective.  I’ve already said it: Douglas has had a great free agency.  If all of these pieces he’s signed stay healthy, it’s a fantastic free agency that we haven’t seen since 2008 or 2010.  That doesn’t mean that it’s perfect.  Simpson, to date, is a penalty machine who, more likely than not, benefited very heavily from Lamar’s ability to extend plays, as well as the defense having to account for the threat of him taking off to run on every single play.  Those 2 things skew OL numbers in a big way and, in case you haven’t noticed, a 40 year old Aaron Rodgers coming off a major lower body injury doesn’t have the legs of Lamar Jackson.  Statistically, it’s more likely that we get the version of Simpson that we saw in Vegas when he was blocking for Derek Carr.

You don’t have to think everything is a-ok all of the time.  I got this same flack from Jets fans for saying that we were a 10-7 or 11-6 team, at best, last year because of WR2 and OL, the day we signed Rodgers.  Do you need me to give you a recap of what happened?

The 11 penalties scare me... That's just insanely too much on a team that got half it's big plays taken away... 

I hate the signing too... But I think they draft an LT and G... And it wouldn't surprise me if they sign another  just incase... Just gotta hope it's a younger player that can get his technic better. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SR24 said:

You can never have too many good Olinemen…. the Jets are guaranteed to have a quality OT sitting there at 10. Stay put at 10 and take the best tackle there. This off-season has been unreal but don’t forget we play on one of the worst fields in the league, get as much good depth on that Oline as we can. 

This.

This o-line will have injuries. You can count on that. Drafting a stud OL is imperative for depth this year as well as future seasons.

A WR or RB gets hurt, you can trade for decent replacements. Much harder to trade for OL talent once the season begins. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, extmenace said:

Trade down seems so likely now. No immediate needs but injury prone players at some key positions plus a few guys will likely be 1 year and outta here. Get a second. Grab the tackle and WR, ease them in, and use them this year in smaller roles or when an injury pops up. plug them in next year to take over. What an off season!

Totally agree with this.

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

The two players in my post are Laken Tomlinson and Simpson.

I don’t know how to tell you this, but “vibes” are not a stat nor do they address any of the broken down points I made.

You didn't make any valid points bud. You just hatin

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

You think Williams is a #1 WR?  Lol, ok.

That was a typo I think he is legit two ad I have said consistently in every post I have ever made about him. Although he is a stud and if he could be healthy he has talent to be a 1. ... Maybe 1b here. 

I think he will get first looks with Rodger for sure. But yeah I see him as a two.

But man if he stayed healthy he could push and def out up one numbers.

If he wasn't on chargers with Allen he be a one elsewhere, you know? Like in KC he def be the 1

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

This.

This o-line will have injuries. You can count on that. Drafting a stud OL is imperative for depth this year as well as future seasons.

A WR or RB gets hurt, you can trade for decent replacements. Much harder to trade for OL talent once the season begins. 

Facts and we def need to plan for.injuried on the line with our luck.

Glad we learned our lesson on qb too

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Hyperbole how?

Pitts and Bowers

I agree on Vernon Davis. If you stretched the window back to 1997, lol, welll I'd throw in Tony Gonzalez. He could block and catch, maybe the pass catching and jumping were from his basketball background. 

As for Williams signing, I like it. Definitely a low risk, high reward deal.  My only concern as are many others, would be his acl and the killer turf at MetLife. Now get some line help.

38 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You didn't make any valid points bud. You just hatin

I gave you the grades on Laken Tomlinson.

I gave you the grades on John Simpson.

I gave you specific reasons on why John Simpson may have had his, already poor, grade inflated.

You responded with: “John Simpson is a great player, you can look up the grades for yourself” with no other rebuttal so I’ll say it again:  “good vibes” from the Mike Williams signing isn’t a valid defense of signing an, objectively, bad (as of right now) player.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

As someone who has been screaming for JD to upgrade the WR corps since the Rodgers trade I feel like a complete and total c u next Tuesday when I ask if anyone has mentioned that Mike Williams was just released with failed physical designation?

That means he doesn’t count towards the comp pick formula.  Probably why JD went so high. 

8 hours ago, Untouchable said:

What don’t you understand about this team being “all in” and having a two year window to get it done?

2026 and beyond doesn’t matter 

The Jets might as well not exist as soon as Rodgers walks out the door.

Worry about reverting back to 31st ranked QB play and a bottom 5 offense when the time comes.

Not now

Lol, signing older injury prone guys is not the way to build any roster.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1