Jets Sign Mike Williams! MERGED

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

With this Mike Williams move I do think Bowers is the leader in the clubhouse as they'd say to be the Jets pick assuming three other things...

1. OT Alt doesn't drop to #10

2. All 3 top WRs are off the board by #10

3. The Jets don't trade down

If they stick and pick with Alt and top 3 WRs gone it does feel like more likely than not they'd take Bowers, although an OT is still a strong possibility. 

Same for me, but make it if top two WR's are gone.  HMJ and Nabers.  Not in love with Od.  He may light it up, but not sure about him as I am about MHJ and Nabers. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

With this Mike Williams move I do think Bowers is the leader in the clubhouse as they'd say to be the Jets pick assuming three other things...

1. OT Alt doesn't drop to #10

2. All 3 top WRs are off the board by #10

3. The Jets don't trade down

If they stick and pick with Alt and top 3 WRs gone it does feel like more likely than not they'd take Bowers, although an OT is still a strong possibility. 

If they’re smart, they’ll either move up a few spots for MHJ / Nabers / Alt or trade down:

OT like Fautanu or Fuaga and Ladd McConkey on day 2

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

How do we petition the Jets to scrub the "All Gas, No Brake" shirts and replace them with "Prove it"? ;) 

No clue. I am what you call an “ideas”guy.

That’s a job for a Marketing wizard, like Saleh himself.

hopefully he’s reading this… Probably is.

• Haha 2

The outside WR spots are locked down now.

Still need a dependable weapon in the slot to take Lazard out of the rotation.

Kill 2 birds with one stone:

Trade back a few spots, recoup day 2 pick for McConkey.

Can still get Fuaga or Fautanu or another starting OT after trading back.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He’s probably the best player in the entire draft.

Would take some kind of miracle for him to slide to 10.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2024-nfl-draft-some-teams-view-malik-nabers-not-marvin-harrison-jr-as-top-wr-on-their-boards-per-report/

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/joel-klatt-nfl-mock-draft-2-0-six-qbs-taken-in-first-round-vikings-trade-up

a lot of mocks and reports are saying that some teams have nabers higher. Some mocks have 4-5 QBS going in the top 10. If Nabers goes first and we get 5 QBS taken at the top that means someone is falling to us. I'm hoping for MHJ.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The outside WR spots are locked down now.

Still need a dependable weapon in the slot to take Lazard out of the rotation.

Kill 2 birds with one stone:

Trade back a few spots, recoup day 2 pick for McConkey.

Can still get Fuaga or Fautanu or another starting OT after trading back.

Absolutely agree that our best draft outcome is trading back a few spots while still drafting Fautanu and a WR like McConkey

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, sackdance said:

I really think this is the way if Bowers is there. He ticks the BPA & “ready to play” boxes.  

Going back months ago before the draft took shape, the top three on my big board were and still are:

1. Joe Alt

2. MHJ

3. Bowers

So, I would LOVE it if the Jets walked off with any one of those.  Alt will 100 % be gone by 10 as will MHJ.  Bowers may last until 10, but I doubt it. 

If all are gone, I guess take the best WR left or best OT. 

44 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Which QB do you like ???  The only one I like is JJ and he may be a bust.  They can do a lot of things now.  Still take OT or WR, take Bowers, trade down... Lots of options

I like Michael Penix Jr., not at #10, but I like his game.

• Upvote 2

On a positive note.  Sign enough of these oft injured players and one of them is bound to have a miraculous healthy season.  We are the Jets after all.

Good signing, but I don't think it's the slam dunk home run it's being made out to be.

• Upvote 2

I hate the idea of TE that high.  Just really bad value.  Unless he turns out to be top 4 or 5 at the position it’s a fail.  As opposed to a WR or OT where if he is too 30 at his position it is a big win.  Look around the league Gronk was a 2nd rounder, Laporte was a second, Kelce was third rounder,  and I believe Kittle was a fifth rounder.  Much much harder to find a player at a prime position that late.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

I hate the idea of TE that high.  Just really bad value.  Unless he turns out to be top 4 or 5 at the position it’s a fail.  As opposed to a WR or OT where if he is too 30 at his position it is a big win.  Look around the league Gronk was a 2nd rounder, Laporte was a second, Kelce was third rounder,  and I believe Kittle was a fifth rounder.  Much much harder to find a player at a prime position that late.  

I just don’t see jd doing it.  His first rounders have been qb, LT, wr, edge and cb.  No s, lb or te.  Avt you could say is a guard but he could really play tackle too, and probably will this year.  So i doubt we take bowers.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jetfan40yrs said:

I like Michael Penix Jr., not at #10, but I like his game.

National championship game tanked his stock. If he had played better, it might have been good enough to get him inside the top 15. Prob a second rounder now. I was rooting for him, really loved the idea of him being valued that high. Could of potentially helped the jets get a good deal on a potential trade down.

• Upvote 1