Jets Sign Mike Williams! MERGED

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

How are they getting these vets to sign one year deals? 

The Mercenary Way. Being a mercenary can = good money. OBJ, Revis, Kirk Cousins, OBJ, et al have made big $ on one year/short-term deals.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Would you guys trade #10 for Brandon Aiyuk? 

17 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

In a nanosecond 

IIRC, he's on the last year of his deal.  We're trading 1.10 to be over a barrel in negotiations next year?  Not a chance!

• Upvote 2

You can never have too many good Olinemen…. the Jets are guaranteed to have a quality OT sitting there at 10. Stay put at 10 and take the best tackle there. This off-season has been unreal but don’t forget we play on one of the worst fields in the league, get as much good depth on that Oline as we can. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

The guy who i keep coming back to if the jets go OL is fatanu, who has LT feet and can fill in at multiple spots when injuries hit.  

Then trade back and get more assets.  He will go around 15-18.   

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Falco21 said:

That is amazing lol 

Jets fans are the best God damn fans on the planet 

Business will be booming! Hopefully the fan who ordered it for delivery gets his picture on the wall and a free sandwich for every game day

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Flashlite80 said:

Then trade back and get more assets.  He will go around 15-18.   

No one wants to trade up to 10 for more than 75 cents on the dollar.  We’re not trading down.  Jets fans have been demanding this for decades and it never happens, because we never tank properly.  

JD will stick and pick, as is tradition.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

This is a great point. Receivers take time to develop. We don't have a lot of time.  :)

Uhhh Garrett Wilson begs to differ - Rookie of the Year. BUT, and a big butt, TACKLE is imperative whether it be at 10, in a trade back, or in round 2/3.  I could see grabbibg a WR with the 1st round pick if a guy like Odunze or Nabers falls BUT JD must get a tackle in round 2 or 3.  MUST

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one wants to trade up to 10 for more than 75 cents on the dollar.  We’re not trading down.  Jets fans have been demanding this for decades and it never happens, because we never tank properly.  

We easily could've lost another 1-2 games (Buffalo, Washington, NYG).  Oh, what could have been!

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Maynard13 said:

Uhhh Garrett Wilson begs to differ - Rookie of the Year. BUT, and a big butt, TACKLE is imperative whether it be at 10, in a trade back, or in round 2/3.  I could see grabbibg a WR with the 1st round pick if a guy like Odunze or Nabers falls BUT JD must get a tackle in round 2 or 3.  MUST

We have a LOT to fill in the pipeline.  OT might be the most important.  

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

simpson was a good pick up especially for the run game, but haterz gonna hate. especially in a post about signing mike williams the best WR in FA.

Pretty bold of you to call me a “hater” in a post where I explicitly stated that Joe Douglas “has played FA very well” because I don’t like signing one of the worst rated guards in the league over the last 3 years, to be a starter for our 40 year old HoF QB coming off torn Achilles tendon.

It’s even more ironic that it’s coming from you, who b*tched about Braxton Berrios re-signing when he was an All-Pro punt and kick Returner.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

IIRC, he's on the last year of his deal.  We're trading 1.10 to be over a barrel in negotiations next year?  No chance!

Nah - IF he is traded, he’ll get a say in where he goes and get the opportunity to rework a deal with his new team once he arrives. You aren’t trading for a player like that unless you are 100% locking him up 

Just now, slimjasi said:

Nah - IF he is traded, he’ll get a say in where he goes and get the opportunity to rework a deal with his new team once he arrives. You aren’t trading for a player like that unless you are 100% locking him up 

The other side of that is we're going to have to pay GW, Sauce, Breece soon enough.  We need some talented young players who are cheap to help balance things out.  Aiyuk for 1.10 would be insanity.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

The other side of that is we're going to have to pay GW, Sauce, Breece soon enough.  We need some talented young players who are cheap to help balance things out.  Aiyuk for 1.10 would be insanity.

Only thing better than having 3 elite young players to pay is having 4 elite young players to pay.

Good problem to have.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How did that work out with Bryce Huff?

Huff is not an offensive player nor was he at a position of relative need.  

Your example is anecdotal anyways.  he didn’t want to sign on to an extension only to be used as a situational pass rusher anyways.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Edge Rusher @ 10!

With JD and Saleh running things ya never know. If Turner falls to 10, Verse is available and one of them is JD's BPA - ya never know. On paper the Jets have have zero glaring holes in their starting lineup IINM.

Obviously with their old OTs one of whom's injury prone and depth concerns elsewhere, fortifying those positions are a priority. But most folks didn't think Jets were taking WMD last year when they had needs elsewhere, yet they did.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jets fans are funny.  “Why trade 1.10 for Aiyuk?  We should just use that pick on a WR who may not fall to us.  Who knows…he could be the next Aiyuk!”

image.gif.defd886ec8de5f800fa353e30d8a34b1.gif

Take the box!

There could be flex seal in there, then we can turn a screen door into a boat!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

from the perspective of aaron's "all in year" 

it's probably better to draft a tackle, give him a couple months to crack the lineup (naturally, when one of the tackles gets injured)

than draft a WR stud, start him day 1 and have him not learn the hot routes, hand motions and whatever else Aaron likes to do from the line  

Yes

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Pretty bold of you to call me a “hater” in a post where I explicitly stated that Joe Douglas “has played FA very well” because I don’t like signing one of the worst rated guards in the league the last 3 years to be a starter.

Even more ironic when it comes from you, who b*tched about Braxton Berrios re-signing when he was an All-Pro punt and kick Returner.

Just get over it and get excited for this team. Simpson is a huge upgrade and great guy for line. 

Again you in a thread about signing a great WR 1 hating on simpson and now bringing up berrios...

dude 

19 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

rhis picture which i have seen multiple times, just makes me think, didnt anyone notice this? I mean throw your trash away you bum

I think they took the picture BECAUSE they noticed it 

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I’d make the trade and worry about it later

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think there is a chance it happens this year because of how many interesting QBs there are. We just need one to fall.

but it’s not a big deal - if you can’t get good value on a trade down, just take the best tackle or WR available at 10. One of those two positions will have a player worthy of being picked there. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

How are they getting these vets to sign one year deals? 

Serious or joke?

if serious

its called market economy 

if joking

then its a funny one. All these Jet fans whining that “no one” will sign here

lololol

idiots