Jets Sign Mike Williams! MERGED

25 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I agree.  I did just write that if the jets go OL i predict fatanu.  I can see them throwing him in at guard and then moving him to tackle as injuries mount.  It also would mean they’d have the LT next year if smith leaves. 

If we could trade down a little + still draft Fautanu + draft a WR with the recouped 2nd rounder then that would be ideal.

Otherwise let's see who the best offensive player is sitting there at 10 regardless if it's WR/OL/TE

• Upvote 4

Just now, Sonny Werblin said:

If the jets sign a slot WR (Renfrow) and draft Bowers, the offense will have too much talent for even Hackett to screw it up.

We've been through 2 iterations of Hackett-Ball....nothing is out of their scope to f*ck up.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

If we could trade down a little + still draft Fautanu + draft a WR with the recouped 2nd rounder then that would be ideal.

Otherwise let's see who the best offensive player is sitting there at 10 regardless if it's WR/OL/TE

Even the best offensive player debate is good.  Some say bowers, some say an OT, some want a wr.  

And b/c i love qbs, I’ll throw it out here.  What if maye makes it to 5.  Or what if the jets just love mccarthy and he’s there at 8.  I would not put it past them to trade next year’s draft capital to bring in the rodgers heir, and then say we’re all in this year but we’re also ready for the future. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Well now the jets have NO excuses

If they dont grab a qb as rodgers replacement shame on them!

It has to be qb, but it wont

Rodgers said he’s playing 4 more years why would they burn a pick on a backup in an all in year?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Even the best offensive player debate is good.  Some say bowers, some say an OT, some want a wr.  

And b/c i love qbs, I’ll throw it out here.  What if maye makes it to 5.  Or what if the jets just love mccarthy and he’s there at 8.  I would not put it past them to trade next year’s draft capital to bring in the rodgers heir, and then say we’re all in this year but we’re also ready for the future. 

If we somehow traded up for Daniels or Maye I'm not sure I could respect anyone more than I would Joe Douglas in that moment.

Doubtful and I'm also expecting the top 3 WRs off the board and we are looking at Bower or Fautanu.

Wow. This has been a very impressive offseason. The Jets have a stacked roster and Joe Douglas is cooking with gas. 

The draft possibilities are endless, Clowney is visiting tomorrow, and the Jets have STILL not pushed any restructures, etc. to next offseason. They can still make the moves they want to.

Happy for JD - I hope his team gets some good injury luck so we see what these Jets can actually do

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Well now the jets have NO excuses

If they dont grab a qb as rodgers replacement shame on them!

It has to be qb, but it wont

A responsible GM would do that but both the GM and HC are on thin ice.  Also, depends on what QB is left at that point? 

• WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Would you guys trade #10 for Brandon Aiyuk? 

Are we going for the 2013 Broncos offense here?

Without the jokes i would prefer to trade up and snag Nabers or MHJ gives the team more flexability cap wise. I would consider Aiyuk but the 31st has to be on that deal.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Barton said:

Risky move to bank on this guy being a top producer, post torn ACL. Still need an offensive weapon at #10. WR or TE. 

They signed him to a 1 year deal it’s not like we gave him huge $$ for 5 years. I’m sure they’ll still add a weapon in the draft too, relax lol

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Barton said:

Risky move to bank on this guy being a top producer, post torn ACL. Still need an offensive weapon at #10. WR or TE. 

WR or tradeback over TE.

If Giants go QB at #5, that would help.

You take Alt if he's somehow there (he won't be).

• Upvote 2