Jets Sign Mike Williams! MERGED

42 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This is a great point. Receivers take time to develop. We don't have a lot of time.  :)

i would take the WR. have him WR 3 or even 4 behind Lazzard as he learns.

what great weapons we would have and we if hes really good we have some insurance if GW wants 40 mil a year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Lots of angles to go now. Go get a slot in Boyd or Renfrow in FA. Renfrow should be cheap and I’d imagine is a buddy or MW. So I wouldn’t hate that.

Go get a slot in the draft in Round 3 or 4.

Draft Bowers at 10.

We could go WR at 10 but I doubt that now. Although I wouldn’t hate it. After all MW and Lazard at this point are on 1 year deals. Odunze could be BPA.

Go OL. Smith staying healthy is optimistic. So signing a guy that likely will play at some point. And doesn’t have the pressure of starting right away could be good. And we have coverage of Smith retires or goes elsewhere after this year. Same as Moses. Guy could also play as a swing tackle obviously.

I don’t like being lazy and just say trade back. Bc that’s always easier said than done. In fact JD is WAY more likely to trade up than down.

Lastly…… I’ll break my TV if we draft defense.

I’m with you - My heart says Bowers but my head says OT. O-lines across the league were decimated last year and one of our guys is probably going to need some downtime. Protect AR and get a premium position at LT in a stacked OL draft. I still prefer Olu but happy to get Fautanu’s versatility.

BTW - I can see OBJ filling out this WR room.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Time to put the finishing touches on this Ferrari of an offseason.

30 career INTs.  Only 30 years old.

Justin Simmons

DEN • FS • #31
View Profile

The best free agent left on the market, the 30-year old Simmons is coming off a season which he finished with 70 tackles, three interceptions, and eight passes defensed. He earned his third straight Second Team All-Pro selection as opposing quarterback targeting Simmons had just a 58.4 passer rating. 

I don’t think there’s enough cap space to sign him. 

13 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Even the best offensive player debate is good.  Some say bowers, some say an OT, some want a wr.  

And b/c i love qbs, I’ll throw it out here.  What if maye makes it to 5.  Or what if the jets just love mccarthy and he’s there at 8.  I would not put it past them to trade next year’s draft capital to bring in the rodgers heir, and then say we’re all in this year but we’re also ready for the future. 

Chances are both fat and slim, imho. 

1 minute ago, LockeJET said:

Per Saleh - Mike Williams won’t play until he learns all 5 WR positions. 

Denzel has really lit up the league since he left the Jets, you gotta give him credit. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

I’m with you - My heart says Bowers but my head says OT. O-lines across the league were decimated last year and one of our guys is probably going to need some downtime. Protect AR and get a premium position at LT in a stacked OL draft. I still prefer Olu but happy to get Fautanu’s versatility.

BTW - I can see OBJ filling out this WR room.

Bowers makes a ton of sense. Bc he’d actually play. He can block and likely wouldn’t be a week 1 huge threat. But look at Kincaid for BUF who wasn’t starting right away but by seasons end was a big weapon for BUF. And Bowers is quite a bit better than Kincaid.

That all being said. I’ll never really dislike drafting OL in the 1st. I didn’t like drafting Becton and screamed for Wirfs. But I’m really ok with any of Fashanu or Fuaga. Only guy I don’t really like is Latham

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Time to put the finishing touches on this Ferrari of an offseason.

30 career INTs.  Only 30 years old.

Justin Simmons

DEN • FS • #31
View Profile

The best free agent left on the market, the 30-year old Simmons is coming off a season which he finished with 70 tackles, three interceptions, and eight passes defensed. He earned his third straight Second Team All-Pro selection as opposing quarterback targeting Simmons had just a 58.4 passer rating. 

Do we have the cap for Simmons, Clowney and a RB2?

That would be awesome

• Upvote 1

Just now, Guilhermezmc said:

Do we have the cap for Simmons, Clowney and a RB2?

That would be awesome

RB2 should be cheap. And I expect us to bring in a DE in some capacity.

S I don’t see as a huge need if we can sign depth. I’m ok with Adams and Clark as starters

52 minutes ago, extmenace said:

One year deal. Love it! This off season just keeps getting better.

It really kind of does.  Two thoughts on that....

1. Guys like Tyron Smith and Mike Williams are essentially on "prove it" deals that are incentivized so the Jets should get their best efforts to both stay healthy and produce.  In other words, good for 2024 season.

2. If everything goes to sh!t, then none of these guys are anchors on the Cap and they depart along with Saleh, JD, and a host of other guys which hopefully makes the Jets an appetizing place for the next GM to arrive with guys like Sauce, GW, QW, Breece and JJ still young and under contract (along with whoever the Jets take at #10.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

If the jets sign a slot WR (chark) and draft Bowers, the offense will have too much talent for even Hackett to screw it up.

Fixed for ya same price grab chark hes fast to open field up and a great route runner

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It really kind of does.  Two thoughts on that....

1. Guys like Tyron Smith and Mike Williams are essentially on "prove it" deals that are incentivized so the Jets should get their best efforts to both stay healthy and produce.  In other words, good for 2024 season.

2. If everything goes to sh!t, then none of these guys are anchors on the Cap and they depart along with Saleh, JD, and a host of other guys which hopefully makes the Jets an appetizing place for the next GM to arrive with guys like Sauce, GW, QW, Breece and JJ still young and under contract (along with whoever the Jets take at #10.

Yep. 

57 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Bowers @ 10 and OT in third. 

possibly

But I'd just say BPA at #10 amongst WR, OT and Bowers as a fallback if the first two aren't there.

One thing some people may not want to admit.... filling these holes for 2024 allows the Jets to actually go QB early in this Draft if they want a guy to sit behind Rodgers for a year.

1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

That’s the perfect nickname for the 2024 New York Jets,

the “prove it” crew.

How do we petition the Jets to scrub the "All Gas, No Brake" shirts and replace them with "Prove it"? ;) 

• Haha 2

Just now, jetstream23 said:

possibly

But I'd just say BPA at #10 amongst WR, OT and Bowers as a fallback if the first two are there.

One thing some people may not want to admit.... filling these holes for 2024 allows the Jets to actually go QB early in this Draft if they want a guy to sit behind Rodgers for a year.

Douglas did say he wanted to fill all the spots so he can go BAP.  He didn’t rule out qb. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

possibly

But I'd just say BPA at #10 amongst WR, OT and Bowers as a fallback if the first two are there.

Which QB do you like ???  The only one I like is JJ and he may be a bust.  They can do a lot of things now.  Still take OT or WR, take Bowers, trade down... Lots of options