Woody and Saleh engaged in “heated” convo at owner’s meeting afterparty

57 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Like I said: if you believe that they were able to work months to gather 30 individual sources, get the massive amount of dirt they claimed existed, and then still believe them after the embarrassing free agency period they just had where thing that they, quite literally, feverishly denied would happen ended up happening, YOU are the target reader for them and their stories.  The Jets didn’t address half of the sh*t Manish Mehta said either.  Does that suddenly erase all of the stuff he got caught fabricating and doing to get clicks, or did you buy his line of bullsh*t too when he peddled it to the NYDN.

First, let's drop the "they." Zach Rosenblatt is a beat writer the Athletic picked off the street to cover the Jets. He's the natural successor to Connor Hughes and has no more connections than any Jets beat writer -- the most of whom clearly get more info from Saleh than anyone else (cue Hughes jumping at the chance to carry water for Saleh on this "argument with Woody" dustup). Russini was a national reporter for ESPN for 8 years. They fed her contacts and put her on TV. They're not the same and we're talking about Russini's report. You don't believe her and that's fine but lets not pretend we're arguing things we aren't arguing.

Second, your toothless victory lap about the free agency period kind of shows your fundamental misunderstanding of what actually happened. The report wasn't wrong that the Jets weren't going to be shopping at the top of the market and spending tons of money on premium free agents. The report was just wrong about what the market was for Tyron Smith and Mike Williams. They signed incentive laden one year deals because their value was much lower than most anticipated. Worked out great for the Jets (we hope, anyway) but the report wasn't wrong about what the Jets were trying to do, just wrong about the value of the "names" the Jets signed. There were literally quotes about the Jets being shocked Tyron took his deal.

Third -- Manish Mehta was fired in disgrace and has never worked in the industry again. That's why reporters DON'T make stuff up -- because if you make stuff up and people prove it you're finished forever. Your career is over. Risking a lucrative legitimate career for clicks isn't actually something that happens to real reporters.

In reality, fans who don't believe legitimate media sources do so because they don't like what they're hearing. Of course, a media source saying "the Jets are a tire fire" is actually very believable because anyone who follows sports knows the Jets have been a tire fire for ten years. The idea that "she's making it up!" is, pretty clearly, more likely to come from someone actually biased here.

Funny enough, this “fan on a message board”, along with “fans on X”, as well as “fans on Reddit”, have broken more signings for the Jets than Russini and Rosenblatt combined, in just this off-season alone, despite not having nearly the same amount of connections as they claim to have, so I find the blind defense of them, along with their story far more interesting.

Here it is where you actually tell on yourself. We get it, you like to pretend to be an "insider." Good for you. Maybe you do know someone who works for the Jets, I don't know. But your investment in this personally kind of makes you harder to trust than Russini.

I’ll give everyone some insight: the day of papers and secret meetings for a scoop of information are over.  It is far easier to make a connection with someone who is in the know, in this day and age.  Especially when you have someone else that you’ve known for a very long time in the business or involved with the professional level of the sport.  What people choose to do with that information they get is up to them.  Some try and make a livelihood out of it like Ari Meirov.  Some just want to know more about their favorite team and share it with people they talk ball with.  Others keep it to themselves.  This idea that ONLY publications have people who know sh*t is long dead.

You're confused. Reporters obviously aren't the only ones who "know stuff." But they are the ones credentialled and accountable to the people paying them to be right. Some dipsh*t on the internet can say whatever, throw stuff at a wall and claim to be "first" because he guessed something right. Reporters can't do that.

I have no idea the percentage of what was in Russini's report was accurate but I have no reason to doubt that it's stuff she heard from people in the org. It seems pretty clear a lot of it came from Rex Hogan, who lost his job and who clearly thought Saleh was a bad coach.

Everything that has happened this offseason in terms off the coaching staff and front office reinforces the idea that it's a sh*tshow there and people with options are fleeing for the hills. People biased toward the Jets trying to discredit the media don't have a strong leg to stand on, but that's just my two cents.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah, no.  I’ll entertain this one post for fun because, like I said, I’m going to defend myself going forward.  Your friends over at the Athletic, who couldn’t break a punter re-signing, specifically said that it’s highly unlikely they sign here:

IMG_6540.thumb.jpeg.c50d1d7e3ff4075b3e11330c364c4d7b.jpeg

IMG_6554.thumb.jpeg.e7b46c6a23a6e9bd64de277a195d9957.jpeg

IMG_6553.thumb.jpeg.96dd137f81cec2dadd1ff595b2d59dac.jpeg

Whether you want to swallow your pride or not regarding who I speak to at this point is a you problem, but while Zack “Dianna & I have 30 individual Jets sources but can’t break a signing, release, or restructure” Rosenblatt was f’ng around on X, cracking jokes about movies, games, maps, or other BS, I was here 2-3 days prior telling people that the Jets and, specifically, Tyron Smith were talking, going as far to say that I don’t think that it’s unlikely that he signs here after what I had heard, even if I still had my own personal reservations about Smith’s interest in us.  

It’s documented.  People saw it.  If you choose to not believe it, again, that’s on you now, so you can go ahead and wait for the dynamic duo to tweet out “I can confirm @__________’s report that *players name* has signed with the Jets” if you want.  I’m gonna keep doing me so I can enjoy having actual football discussions with people on this forum

I don’t get how you saying Rosenblatt being wrong about a FA proves you know more about what’s going on in the NFL (or the Jets) than him or Russini, or why it’s so important to you to be known as the board insider, but apparently it is. 
If having a few people here buy into it makes you feel better, go for it. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

First, let's drop the "they." Zach Rosenblatt is a beat writer the Athletic picked off the street to cover the Jets. He's the natural successor to Connor Hughes and has no more connections than any Jets beat writer -- the most of whom clearly get more info from Saleh than anyone else (cue Hughes jumping at the chance to carry water for Saleh on this "argument with Woody" dustup). Russini was a national reporter for ESPN for 8 years. They fed her contacts and put her on TV. They're not the same and we're talking about Russini's report. You don't believe her and that's fine but lets not pretend we're arguing things we aren't arguing.

Second, your toothless victory lap about the free agency period kind of shows your fundamental misunderstanding of what actually happened. The report wasn't wrong that the Jets weren't going to be shopping at the top of the market and spending tons of money on premium free agents. The report was just wrong about what the market was for Tyron Smith and Mike Williams. They signed incentive laden one year deals because their value was much lower than most anticipated. Worked out great for the Jets (we hope, anyway) but the report wasn't wrong about what the Jets were trying to do, just wrong about the value of the "names" the Jets signed. There were literally quotes about the Jets being shocked Tyron took his deal.

It’s hilariously ironic that you would tell anyone that they have a fundamental misunderstanding about what was said when the paper trail is out in the open for all to see.  Example: on March 13th explicitly stated TWICE that he doesn’t believe the Jets will sign Tyron Smith under any feasible circumstance.

IMG_6554.thumb.jpeg.e7b46c6a23a6e9bd64de277a195d9957.jpeg

IMG_6553.thumb.jpeg.96dd137f81cec2dadd1ff595b2d59dac.jpeg

When you are a credentialed reporter, you don’t get the wiggle room to say “Oh well the Jets got lucky and his market never materialized.” after you put yourself out there only to end up with egg on your face.  He was wrong.  Period.  If he didn’t want people to make fun of him for being wrong like they’ve been doing on a daily basis since FA started, he should have kept his mouth shut.

Third -- Manish Mehta was fired in disgrace and has never worked in the industry again. That's why reporters DON'T make stuff up -- because if you make stuff up and people prove it you're finished forever. Your career is over. Risking a lucrative legitimate career for clicks isn't actually something that happens to real reporters.

Except Manish wasn’t fired for making sh*t up.  He was allowed to get away with that nonsense.  It wasn’t until he started stalking people outside of their workplace that the Jets filed a grievance with the NFL and the investigation into that incident occurred, which resulted in his firing.

In reality, fans who don't believe legitimate media sources do so because they don't like what they're hearing. Of course, a media source saying "the Jets are a tire fire" is actually very believable because anyone who follows sports knows the Jets have been a tire fire for ten years. The idea that "she's making it up!" is, pretty clearly, more likely to come from someone actually biased here.

Except I have never once complained about the Jets being a “tire fire.”  I have said, multiple times, that I do not agree with their current direction, I don’t have faith in this regime, and if I were a betting man, they will be gone at the end of the year.  I take issue with the claim that there are, supposedly 30 sources backing their ridiculous stories of Woody throwing tirades over tweets, Joe Douglas being a meek p*ssy, and Saleh holding his coaches hostage, which are only a few things I am choosing to point out.  It’s nonsense.  You don’t have to burn the house down to kill the spider.  It’s just a spider.  Raid will do.

Here it is where you actually tell on yourself. We get it, you like to pretend to be an "insider." Good for you. Maybe you do know someone who works for the Jets, I don't know. But your investment in this personally kind of makes you harder to trust than Russini.

I’ll tell you the same thing I told the last person that decided to accuse me of “pretending to be an insider”:  I am not, and I never have, claimed to be an insider.  I don’t work in sports.  I don’t work in the media.  I don’t want either of those careers.  I am a normal person with a normal job, who loves the Jets and is lucky enough to have connections to people that give me knowledge from within the facility.  My “investment” in this particular situation is that I’m sick and tired of my favorite sports team getting sh*t on for things that are outlandish, which these connections have allowed me to confidently tell other people I know, who are (supposed to be) FANS of the same team, as well as untrue.  Whether these people choose to trust me or not is up to them.  I have always let my track record speak for itself, which has served my words and information well, for the most part.  Up until pushing back on this story, I have never had a problem with anyone regarding that.  In fact, some of the same people who have decided to sh*t on me now, have come to my DMs in the very recent past for information, but I’m not privy to exposing those conversations so I’ll leave it at that.  Now, all of a sudden, people have issues with me and It’s the posts that say sh*t like your section here, or that my posts make them “want to gag” because “I’m trying too hard to be the next John Clayton, Mortenson, etc.” that drive me up a wall because I’m not going to sit back while people rag on me for, supposedly, being something that I have never claimed to be.  ESPECIALLY when it comes from a community I have been a member of since 2007.  Usually that is the sort of stuff that ACTUALLY comes from a “I don’t like what I’m hearing so I will attack the source” mindset.  I’ve let it slide in the past, but at this point I’m okay with telling people that if you have such a problem with me knowing legitimate people who give me intel that you decide to attack me on a personal level, or mock me at any level, get a f*cking therapist and deal with it there.  I have had the sources vetted by people here (not publicly) and proven it to the people who needed me to prove it to them before they could let me post the information on their website, and those are the only people I owe an explanation to.  No one else.  

You're confused. Reporters obviously aren't the only ones who "know stuff." But they are the ones credentialled and accountable to the people paying them to be right. Some dipsh*t on the internet can say whatever, throw stuff at a wall and claim to be "first" because he guessed something right. Reporters can't do that.

I’m not confused about anything.  The last time I had this discussion, that was the exact reasoning I was given, and my point is that there is no difference between a reporter like Rosenblatt, and some fan who has proven to have a connection, regardless of how it was made.  A fancy media badge doesn’t make Zack’s guesses “sourced.”  A successful track record will earn him that benefit of the doubt.  So far he’s batting .000, so miss me with the “reporters can’t do that” because prior to the “story” that was put out, he hasn’t broken anything of significance since joining the beat.  Since that story WAS put out, he’s been even worse.

I have no idea the percentage of what was in Russini's report was accurate but I have no reason to doubt that it's stuff she heard from people in the org. It seems pretty clear a lot of it came from Rex Hogan, who lost his job and who clearly thought Saleh was a bad coach.

Pretty funny that we’re talking about “only trusting” credentialed media members when discussing the insinuation that Rex Hogan was the leaker.  Within 15 minutes of his firing I was told that it wasn’t him who leaked anything, posted that here and, an hour later, this was corroborated by Connor Hughes, Rich Cimini, and Brian Costello, who all said that he had resigned weeks ago, so this was the news making its way out now, but there was no relation to the story being broken.

Everything that has happened this offseason in terms off the coaching staff and front office reinforces the idea that it's a sh*tshow there and people with options are fleeing for the hills. People biased toward the Jets trying to discredit the media don't have a strong leg to stand on, but that's just my two cents.

Again:  I have said, multiple times, across many threads, well before this discussion right now, that I don’t believe in this regime.  That doesn’t mean the ridiculous stories that came out in The Athletic piece aren’t any less true.  The people running the Jets are in a very tough spot right now.  My point has always been that we nobody has to make sh*t up to emphasize that.

34 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t get how you saying Rosenblatt being wrong about a FA proves you know more about what’s going on in the NFL (or the Jets) than him or Russini, or why it’s so important to you to be known as the board insider, but apparently it is. 
If having a few people here buy into it makes you feel better, go for it. 🤷‍♂️

I don’t give a sh*t about being known for anything.  Again, if I did, I wouldn’t be on an obscure Jets forum telling people this stuff.  I would be out there like Ari Meirov did with his @mysportsupdate account, making sure I blew up every single tweet, making every connection I possibly could, and grinding my way to being a legitimate source for NFL/Jets information.  That is what you have never understood about this whole beef that YOU started.  I have never wanted anything more than to have meaningful football conversations with a community I love.  That is the only reason I have ever shared one iota of information and is exactly why I have been posting on this forum for 16, going on 17, years.  

Furthermore, my comment about Rosenblatt isn’t the brag that you think it is.  It was merely pointing out that, in this day and age, reporters aren’t the only ones who get information anymore.  Whether that refers to me, other people like me, people on X, Reddit, etc., it doesn’t matter.  It’s not some sort of exclusive club like it used to be in journalism.  As for why I even gave a sh*t about The Athletic piece in the first place, as a FAN of the team, if I know something that directly goes against a scathing report of my favorite team, I’m going to push back on it.  Which is all I did in that original thread before you decided to come at my throat for doing so, insisting/insinuating that I wanted to be something I have repeatedly said I am not or want to be.  I never had a problem with you before then and if you simply didn’t believe me, you could have kept the insults to yourself.  I’m a random person on the internet who only a handful of people on this website have ever met in person.  Of course there are people who aren’t going to believe me or anything I have to say or share.  I don’t have the desire for anyone to buy into anything, but when someone decides to go an extra step with expressing how they don’t believe me and make it go well beyond anywhere it ever should have gone, then I am going to defend myself.

12 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Were they the same 30 people who spoke to Russini and your buddy Rosenblatt?  

season 3 GIF by TV One

No; for one, these people actually exist and two, it turns out they were right considering that Colleen Wolfe has since retracted the story.  

I guess feel free to quote anything you want in order to take another shot while avoiding the other post I made where I clear the air regarding your unprovoked comments towards me.  I don’t really understand it, but it’s whatever as far as I am concerned.  It seems like, at this point, you’re just looking to troll me or get a rise out of me and I’m not gonna do it anymore.  I’ve said what I’ve needed to say.  I’ve proven what I’ve needed to prove.  If you want to follow me around and do this, go right ahead.  Unless there is anything of substance to address, I won’t be interacting any further.

• Upvote 2

On 3/27/2024 at 8:51 AM, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Why would anyone but Saleh and Woody know what it's about? It was between them. You want the source to go up to them with a mic and ask what it was about after? 

Looks like I was correct after all. 

9 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Absolutely but the media today is far more biased and controlled by very sinister individuals with bad intentions. This wasnt always the case. The sh*t that they pulled off during covid should scare the crap out of people, yet, the majority of millennials are still defending it even though the data should show them how badly they were hoodwinked. Hell, you had individuals calling for kids to be taken away from families not willing to vaccinate, and military forced vaccinations, and if you look at the data for the vaccines its scary as hell, yet Joe Rogan and AR are the weirdos for calling it out becasue the media says so

I won't get into the politics of this, which should have been left alone, but as much as the media is biased, those who ingest it are equally so. We live all to much in our "truth" bubbles hunting for validation of our world-views. The democratization of "facts" has been the worst product of the internet age. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

All you have to do is look at society as a whole and see how many people bite hook line and sinker from known frauds and habitual liars that actually have a say in this world...it's every where and in your face.  We are surrounded by the stupidest people on earth who worship known liars.  You think the sporting world is different?  Come'on.  lol 

If you're saying what I think you're saying then I'm in complete agreement.  At least these lies are for sports, rather than real life. 

• Upvote 1

So…. 

20 Pages in let me ask a question that I feel like has been mostly overlooked:

So what? What meaningful difference does it make, or why/how does it matter if they indeed had a “heated discussion”?

Why does this story matter in the first place? Much less why is it worthy of 20 pages of heated debate here?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So…. 

20 Pages in let me ask a question that I feel like has been mostly overlooked:

So what? What meaningful difference does it make, or why/how does it matter if they indeed had a “heated discussion”?

Why does this story matter in the first place? Much less why is it worthy of 20 pages of heated debate here?

You must be new to this board.... :)

• Haha 3

It’s much more fun to speculate about what the (non) argument was about 

Saleh : Tastes great !

Woody : Less filling!

Saleh: shaved !

Woody : Landing strip !

Saleh : Blue and black !

Woody : White and gold!

Saleh: Godzilla!

Woody : King Kong!

Saleh : Wave!

Woody : Particle!

Saleh : Lebron !

Woody : Jordan !

Saleh : Pork Roll !

Woody : Tyler ham!

Saleh: Goodfellas!

Woody : Sopranos!

Saleh : Creed !

Woody : Nickel back !

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Larz said:

It’s much more fun to speculate about what the argument was about 

You forgot:

Saleh: Maryanne
Woody: Ginger

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Absolutely but the media today is far more biased and controlled by very sinister individuals with bad intentions. This wasnt always the case. The sh*t that they pulled off during covid should scare the crap out of people, yet, the majority of millennials are still defending it even though the data should show them how badly they were hoodwinked. Hell, you had individuals calling for kids to be taken away from families not willing to vaccinate, and military forced vaccinations, and if you look at the data for the vaccines its scary as hell, yet Joe Rogan and AR are the weirdos for calling it out becasue the media says so

I think the media not only is but also has been a lot worse, and for a lot longer than most people realize, even today.  But once you've seen it in any era, the veneer has been broken and you should be a lot more ready to see it when you go back in history and take a second look.   

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

It’s much more fun to speculate about what the (non) argument was about 

Saleh : Yanny !

Woody : Laurel !

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

I havent read all these posts but maybe the bold and caps had this post catch my eye but do you actually believe this?  I mean, they 100% make sh*t up and lie, all the time.  Many have been caught red handed and yet, they're still employed as known liars and people around here still quote these liars as legit ie; Jason LaCanfora and Diana Roussini have been caught red as out right liars.  Both of them, makes sh*t up out of thin air, both have been called out and caught multiple times for it.  And yet, both are still going strong and often get quoted around here as legitimate sources.  They are not.  They are liars.   They have no sources.  My sources are twice as strong. 

In some regards, I almost think It's kind of impossible not to lie when you think about how the Sporting world works now.  It's not just the 24/7 365 non-stop coverage.  Now, every single dweeb in the world has a podcast, a youtube channel, a twitter account and whatever other medium available and for some reason, people actually find this mindless nonsense, entertaining.  How anyone can just listen to people talk about nothing  w/ no type of knowledge on anything beyond what you already know, is beyond me but that's the day in age we live.  Want to be an expert?   Want to be an insider?  Just call yourself one!  And then, quite literally the only way to stay relevant and worthy of a listen, is to make sh*t up to keeps listeners engaged. 

All you have to do is look at society as a whole and see how many people bite hook line and sinker from known frauds and habitual liars that actually have a say in this world...it's every where and in your face.  We are surrounded by the stupidest people on earth who worship known liars.  You think the sporting world is different?  Come'on.  lol 

No they don't!  And my source - Charissa Thompson - said so!!!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

classic dunning Kruger 

In what sense?  A joke I made about people incorrectly attributing an opinion to our starting QB (and then demanding a response for) is a "classic" example of the Dunning-Kruger effect?

My hunch is that you're just trying to brag (by throwing it around in conversation) that you've heard of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

In what sense?  A joke I made about people incorrectly attributing an opinion to our starting QB (and then demanding a response for) is a "classic" example of the Dunning-Kruger effect

My hunch is that you're just trying to brag (by throwing it around in conversation) that you've heard of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

lol. That wasn’t directed towards you. I was poking at something else who felt the need to shoehorn in dunning and other buzzwords for no reason other than to smell their farts

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Dcat said:

why are you doing this on this Board when you know it's not allowed?  

Nobody wants your political opinion.  Nobody.  It's good I'm not a mod.  You'd be banned.  I am really sick of so many people sneaking in their politics to a forum where people go to get AWAY from all that.

there is no political opinion from me friend, but there sure are a lot of political opinions on this board that you seem to love

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

lol. That wasn’t directed towards you. I was poking at something else who felt the need to shoehorn in dunning and other buzzwords for no reason other than to smell their farts

Your constant advertising of your own ignorance is your own problem Matt.  :roll:

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

there is no political opinion from me friend, but there sure are a lot of political opinions on this board that you seem to love

B.S.  And you do this often.