Woody and Saleh engaged in “heated” convo at owner’s meeting afterparty

14 hours ago, doitny said:

i think all of you guys who doubted @Mogglez needs to apologize to him. hes been saying that these reporters dont know sh*t for months now since the 1st hit piece on Salehs birthday. and now it looks like hes right.

As always, I appreciate the kind words.  As I have reiterated multiple times, I don’t want this to be a career.  I don’t want “clout.”  I just want to share what I hear and talk football without being attacked by people who can’t fathom that reporters do actually make sh*t up to get engagement or push an agenda.

Some get ‘em right.  Contrary to my belief that the beat is next to useless, at least Coz and Hughes can say they’ve got some stories broken.  

That being said…

…all Cimini does is choke himself in the corner to the idea of the franchise folding.  Dude doesn’t even care to provide a solid live-tweet of a game anymore.

Faria is too young to have any pull yet.

Antwan Staley is a nice dude, but if you read the beat’s tweets in chronological order, you’ll notice that the guy literally copy / pastes another reporters tweet, changes it up a bit to make it sound like he’s corroborated something, and calls it a day.  If you’re expecting him to be paying attention or break anything, you’ll be disappointed.

Rosenblatt?  I have no idea how he has a job.  He doesn’t break news.  He, literally, fell asleep while FA was going on, didn’t report on signings until the next day, while the rest of the guys out there were locked and ready to go.  His articles are not enjoyable reads.  At this point, it’s clear to anyone with the ability to use logic that he has no sources within 1JD.  He’s, generally, goofing off on X more than actually working.  To be quite frank, I don’t think he is going to be around much longer.

Russini?  Lol.

As for Colleen Wolfe, she has now probably learned the difference between being a talk show host, and a journalist/NFL insider.  I’m sure she meant well and thought what she had heard was legit, but “a friend of a friend was there and they told me” just isn’t good enough when you’re going after an owner or a head coach on the NFL’s officially sanctioned podcast.  What’s even more embarrassing is that she, very clearly, didn’t vet this story, despite having the resources to do so right at her fingertips.  I’m sure one of the big 3 at the network told her “Hey Colleen, you might want to walk this one back.  It isn’t true and the people involved are pretty pissed off…” so that’s why we’re seeing this public retraction.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What Wolfe is expressing there is that 1. Someone on the scene texted her that information but 2. Other people who were there saw it “differently.” She wasn’t reporting it as news in the first place—merely passing along an eyewitness report in a humorous fashion to antagonize Hanzus. 

That’s a really long way of saying that this story was horsesh*t that someone with COVID could sniff out from a mile away and this thread was a tinfoil circlejerk that didn’t need to happen if we didn’t decide to just embrace chaos, lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

That’s a really long way of saying that this story was horsesh*t that someone with COVID could sniff out from a mile away and this thread was a tinfoil circlejerk that didn’t need to happen if we didn’t decide to just embrace chaos, lol.

chaos sells!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm stealing this for my own use the next time the opportunity presents itself. Just fyi, do not expect appropriate credit to be given.

Just now, slimjasi said:

chaos sells!

On Fire GIF

• Haha 3

She could easily have tried to corroborate the claim 

this is the definition of lazy and unprofessional reporting 

This is not a cover up by the jets this is a sign of the times unfortunately 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They should have walked away from this after Hughes’ tweet. Woody commenting on it today has resulted in me getting multiple push notifications about this dumb story. Woody is dumb. 

Actually don’t think it made a bit of difference either way.  Have no idea if it gained any play from Woodys comments.  I’m in Florida now and no one has picked up the story down here and I get my “sports updates” from SNYs nightly show and even they haven’t picked up the story.  
Nothing other than the original report strikes me as dumb

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

YOU DICK. I am a man who goes to many parties and frequents many crowded rooms. Things happen in those rooms that mostly escape the eye of the incurious man. Connor Hughes? An incurious man. Brian Costello? Probably spent the night with his face pressed up against a cheese plate. Is it possible that someone observed Woody and Saleh engaged in contretemps? Absolutely. Is it possible somebody misinterpreted the tenor of a conversation between the miserable husk of Robert Saleh and the decrepit, near-death ghoul that is Woody Johnson? Sure. Was there anything nefarious about this reportage? Not a bit. HOWEVER, the reaction of Woody Johnson and his assorted media apparatchiks was interesting, to say the least. Cimini reminded us today of Woody’s quote where he said he had chewed out both Douglas and Saleh after the season, telling them they need to do better. Hughes himself likes to repeat the fact that Woody wasn’t the one who hired Saleh, and would have no problem firing him. And who was this mystery offensive coach they tried to bring in to supplement the staff? I say there is trouble brewing inside those walls. Anxieties and hostilities. Smoke is rising. Was the offensive coach Arthur Smith? Did Ulbrich try to flee for the Niners DC job? Why did both of Douglas’ lieutenants bail and why weren’t they replaced? Why was the Jets org so quick to react to Wolfe’s relatively silly rumor yet were stone quiet in response to the Rosenblatt/Russini article and again to the Rodgers/Sandy Hook reporting? Why respond now? It’s starting to fracture, Mogglez. They’re starting to break. And when they do, this here tin foil hat is gonna come in handy, because I’m gonna flip it over and cook up some popcorn in it. 

This might be your Magnum Opus.

Your “Starry Night.”

Your “Folklore: T0m’s Version.”

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Brian Costello? Probably spent the night with his face pressed up against a cheese plate.

feels right 

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And who was this mystery offensive coach they tried to bring in to supplement the staff? I say there is trouble brewing inside those walls. Anxieties and hostilities. Smoke is rising. Was the offensive coach Arthur Smith? Did Ulbrich try to flee for the Niners DC job? Why did both of Douglas’ lieutenants bail and why weren’t they replaced? Why was the Jets org so quick to react to Wolfe’s relatively silly rumor yet were stone quiet in response to the Rosenblatt/Russini article and again to the Rodgers/Sandy Hook reporting?

100% spot on. I don’t get the victory laps when I get the sense everything about Russini’s report is accurate. Like, there tangible evidence that things aren’t right at Florham Park. This Jets centric bent that all is well seems silly, even if the off-season has gone better than expected so far.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

YOU DICK. I am a man who goes to many parties and frequents many crowded rooms. Things happen in those rooms that mostly escape the eye of the incurious man. Connor Hughes? An incurious man. Brian Costello? Probably spent the night with his face pressed up against a cheese plate. Is it possible that someone observed Woody and Saleh engaged in contretemps? Absolutely. Is it possible somebody misinterpreted the tenor of a conversation between the miserable husk of Robert Saleh and the decrepit, near-death ghoul that is Woody Johnson? Sure. Was there anything nefarious about this reportage? Not a bit. HOWEVER, the reaction of Woody Johnson and his assorted media apparatchiks was interesting, to say the least. Cimini reminded us today of Woody’s quote where he said he had chewed out both Douglas and Saleh after the season, telling them they need to do better. Hughes himself likes to repeat the fact that Woody wasn’t the one who hired Saleh, and would have no problem firing him. And who was this mystery offensive coach they tried to bring in to supplement the staff? I say there is trouble brewing inside those walls. Anxieties and hostilities. Smoke is rising. Was the offensive coach Arthur Smith? Did Ulbrich try to flee for the Niners DC job? Why did both of Douglas’ lieutenants bail and why weren’t they replaced? Why was the Jets org so quick to react to Wolfe’s relatively silly rumor yet were stone quiet in response to the Rosenblatt/Russini article and again to the Rodgers/Sandy Hook reporting? Why respond now? It’s starting to fracture, Mogglez. They’re starting to break. And when they do, this here tin foil hat is gonna come in handy, because I’m gonna flip it over and cook up some popcorn in it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Lol. Bravo. 

Where’d you get Arthur Smith from though? Seems random 

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

feels right 

100% spot on. I don’t get the victory laps when I get the sense everything about Russini’s report is accurate. Like, there tangible evidence that things aren’t right at Florham Park. This Jets centric bent that all is well seems silly, even if the off-season has gone better than expected so far.

Probably because it wasn’t and it doesn’t take a lot to realize that they have absolutely no idea what goes on the building at this point.

Believe it or not, you could have made the statement that “tensions are high and the whole organization has been put on notice that it’s time to sh*t or get off the pot.” without having to make up stories about Saleh making blood sacrifices to get to the bottom of who has been speaking to the media.  Instead they made up the most ridiculous sh*t you have ever read and, conveniently, released it on the head coaches birthday a few months removed from him and the HoF QB calling their last article used toilet paper at a podium which, by the way, illicited an angry response from Russini, who was already pissed off prior by Aaron Rodgers (again.)

When you claim to have 30 sources in the building and can’t break a single story in free agency before your colleagues, even the re-signing of the kicker, as well as the punter, that is embarrassing.  At this point, anyone who believes those two at The Athletic are the people who are their target audience.

• Upvote 2

Just now, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Lol. Bravo. 

Where’d you get Arthur Smith from though? Seems random 

1. We keep hiring Titans coaching castoffs

2. Saleh confirmed they were trying to hire an upper level offensive coach.

3. Rosenblatt knows who the coach was, said they didn’t take the job because Hackett/Rodgers were going to call the plays anyway.

4. Rosenblatt also reported that this offensive coach was going to feature the power run game

Arthur Smith!

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

3. Rosenblatt knows who the coach was, said they didn’t take the job because Hackett/Rodgers were going to call the plays anyway.

4. Rosenblatt also reported that this offensive coach was going to feature the power run game

Arthur Smith!

Lol ehhhhh. Also 3 doesn’t make sense. That’s the OCs job.
A Senior offensive assistant isn’t gonna be the one calling plays. 

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Arthur Smith!

Isn’t Art Smith the Steelers OC now?

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Lol ehhhhh. Also 3 doesn’t make sense. That’s the OCs job.
A Senior offensive assistant isn’t gonna be the one calling plays. 

Smith seems to fit the description, no? It was just a weird news item for Saleh to drop—that they tried hiring a guy but were rebuffed? Had to be a bigger fish.

32 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Isn’t Art Smith the Steelers OC now?

He is. Hired January 30

44 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Probably because it wasn’t and it doesn’t take a lot to realize that they have absolutely no idea what goes on the building at this point.

Believe it or not, you could have made the statement that “tensions are high and the whole organization has been put on notice that it’s time to sh*t or get off the pot.” without having to make up stories about Saleh making blood sacrifices to get to the bottom of who has been speaking to the media.  Instead they made up the most ridiculous sh*t you have ever read and, conveniently, released it on the head coaches birthday a few months removed from him and the HoF QB calling their last article used toilet paper at a podium which, by the way, illicited an angry response from Russini, who was already pissed off prior by Aaron Rodgers (again.)

When you claim to have 30 sources in the building and can’t break a single story in free agency before your colleagues, even the re-signing of the kicker, as well as the punter, that is embarrassing.  At this point, anyone who believes those two at the athletic are the people who are their target audience.

There are egregious, embarrassing notes about things going on in the org that nobody has denied. The idea that Dianna Russini is “making stuff up” based on a vendetta and that Jets fans on a message board know what’s actually going on is an interesting take.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

These “beat reporters” “network analysts” and “sports journalists” are s complete joke.

They have taken their profession which was always as Bobby Knight put it “one step above prostitution” and lowered it down one step.

They‘re “reporting” fake news on an owner and a head coach arguing at a party. 

image.gif.1138509aefa834f4d8be4ffa865be0aa.gif

• Post of the Week 1

There are egregious, embarrassing notes about things going on in the org that nobody has denied. The idea that Dianna Russini is “making stuff up” based on a vendetta and that Jets fans on a message board know what’s actually going on is an interesting take.

This is just an example of dunning Krueger effect if you ask me

Like I said: if you believe that they were able to work months to gather 30 individual sources, get the massive amount of dirt they claimed existed, and then still believe them after the embarrassing free agency period they just had where thing that they, quite literally, feverishly denied would happen ended up happening, YOU are the target reader for them and their stories.  The Jets didn’t address half of the sh*t Manish Mehta said either.  Does that suddenly erase all of the stuff he got caught fabricating and doing to get clicks, or did you buy his line of bullsh*t too when he peddled it to the NYDN.

Funny enough, this “fan on a message board”, along with “fans on X”, as well as “fans on Reddit”, have broken more signings for the Jets than Russini and Rosenblatt combined, in just this off-season alone, despite not having nearly the same amount of connections as they claim to have, so I find the blind defense of them, along with their story far more interesting.

I’ll give everyone some insight: the day of papers and secret meetings for a scoop of information are over.  It is far easier to make a connection with someone who is in the know, in this day and age.  Especially when you have someone else that you’ve known for a very long time in the business or involved with the professional level of the sport.  What people choose to do with that information they get is up to them.  Some try and make a livelihood out of it like Ari Meirov.  Some just want to know more about their favorite team and share it with people they talk ball with.  Others keep it to themselves.  This idea that ONLY publications have people who know sh*t is long dead.

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Can't believe the media on anything these days especially sport media. Stupid.

The problem is that it is believable because saleh should be giving him an earful for last year but this year we look good to go High Five Tom Cruise GIF by Hollywood Suite

well, the majority of millennials have been brainwashed into believing the media never lies and you should believe everything they say

• Upvote 1

Just now, Flea Flicking Frank said:

well, the majority of millennials have been brainwashed into believing the media never lies and you should believe everything they say

Newsflash they used to do that in the dan rather days and even earlier because there was only one poi t of view. Far more than millennials were taught not to question authority but yes far more both in percentage and actual number do today than ever before.

The narrative can be whatever those in control want. Unquestioned with out repute.

Crazy

• Upvote 1