Woody and Saleh engaged in “heated” convo at owner’s meeting afterparty

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yes Hughes was at a reception on Monday 

Colleen Wolfe was discussing something that happened on Sunday 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/question-of-whether-woody-johnson-robert-saleh-had-very-heated-conversation-becomes-very-hot-topic

Well I definitely missed that because I actually blocked PFT/Florio on all platforms a long time ago, lol.  Apologies.

Carry on if you want I guess but, still, other than Colleen Wolf, I don’t know where all of the other “Yeahs” are coming from.  Seems like it’s just her word versus Woody’s and, quite frankly, the dude never addresses anything so this must’ve miffed him quite a bit.  For what it is worth, I’ve been told from multiple people that no one has a single clue where this came from.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Let’s just take a second to note that what this dipsh*t ASU grad halfwit billionaire is up in arms about and has now turned into a multi-day story began as Colleen Wolfe, during the wrap-up portion of a podcast that no one listens to in March, repeating a rumor she heard via text to Dan Hanzus, who is a huge Jets fan. They both went on to clarify that the conversation could have been about anything and laughed it off. That the org and this owner are this up in arms about it is ******* hysterical. 

Well, before trying to walk back her comments to some degree, she initially said this:

"From a very reliable source at the owners meetings, there was a very heated conversation between Woody and Robert to the point it was very awkward"

And that was enough to get media outlets like Bleacher Report and Sports Illustrated to run with the story. It was already a multi-day story. I could certainly see being pissed off about that "report" if the conversation never happened. Why shouldn't Johnson deny that such a conversation took place, particularly since there are now two different Jets beat reporters also saying it never happened?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Let’s just take a second to note that what this dipsh*t ASU grad halfwit billionaire is up in arms about and has now turned into a multi-day story began as Colleen Wolfe, during the wrap-up portion of a podcast that no one listens to in March, repeating a rumor she heard via text to Dan Hanzus, who is a huge Jets fan. They both went on to clarify that the conversation could have been about anything and laughed it off. That the org and this owner are this triggered up about it is ******* hysterical, but telling. 

In fairness, as is the way of social media and the internet, a bunch of clickbait aggregator sites ran with this and it blew up. I've had four different Giants fans send me Twitter links about it.

Woody looks silly for being so up in arms rather than laughing it off but it turned into a story.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

I don’t have the smoking gun you are looking for.

Of course you don't. 

You just make things up out of whole cloth, i.e. "Major donor!" with nothing in terms of actual, factual support for your claims.

And every time you get called out, we end up here "I'm just asking questions/saying what's likely, I don;t have any evidence, and I don't really care that much", lol. 

Sure you don't, got it. :roll:

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

Well I definitely missed that because I actually blocked PFT/Florio on all platforms.  Apologies.

Carry on if you want I guess, but still, other than Colleen Wolf, I don’t know where all of the other “Yeahs” are coming from.  Seems like it’s just her word versus Woody’s and, quite frankly, the dude never addresses anything so this must’ve miffed him quite a bit.  

No apologies needed but we're at the point where the NFL network is more credible than woody. 

Florio has his flaws but the logic is sound. Woody owns part of the NFL network too... it's hard to imagine the official mouthpiece of the league has an anti Jets agenda. 

7 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Half of these teams are Super Bowl contenders, and the other half are widely regarded as dumpster fires, so the correlation clearly isn’t that strong:

The point was can effect a teams bottom line, not that every teams value sits in order by their number of wins.  That’s all.  

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

No apologies needed but we're at the point where the NFL network is more credible than woody. 

Florio has his flaws but the logic is sound. Woody owns part of the NFL network too... it's hard to imagine the official mouthpiece of the league has an anti Jets agenda. 

Actually, Florio's logic sucks worse than his dumb website.

It's not about having an anti-Jets agenda, it's about throwing sh*t against the wall to generate clicks. 

The Jets being a tire fire is good for the NFL Network, not bad. 

As usual, Florio is lost. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Of course you don't. 

You just make things up out of whole cloth, i.e. "Major donor!" with nothing in terms of actual, factual support for your claims.

And every time you get called out, we end up here "I'm just asking questions/saying what's likely, I don;t have any evidence, and I don't really care that much", lol. 

Sure you don't, got it. :roll:

I’m sorry you feel that way

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The Jets being a tire fire is good for the NFL Network, not bad. 

The Jets are a tire fire all on their own 

The NFL network doesn't make up stories it's basically another arm of the league 

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Gotcha.  Eh; I mean, if we’re talking about Garafolo, Pelissero, Rapp, etc.?  Sure.  I think once we start taking every single thing that every single person says that they’ve heard, via a 3rd party, on a podcast or tv show, that’s when you start to play a dangerous game where misinformation runs rampant.  She’s a TV host who has never broken a single story, not a well known NFL insider.  That needs to be factored in for proper context.  I’m not slamming her like I did Russini but, again, none of her more prominent colleagues have weighed in on, or corroborated, what would probably be, a pretty large story.  That’s pretty odd if you ask me.

Re: Florio, I just cannot stand the guy.  Whether he’s right or wrong about stuff (the article you linked is actually pretty fair with a “wait and see” approach to the situation”), I just tune him out.

Like I said, I’m going off what I hear, what Woody says, what logic tells me and base my thoughts on that.  Beyond that, even with intel of my own, I don’t find it in any way, shape, or form, plausible that a coach, who is in a must win year, is screaming at his owner at an NFL hosted event, to the point where it was awkward.  It doesn’t make any sense.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Jets are a tire fire all on their own 

The NFL network doesn't make up stories it's basically another arm of the league 

The jets can be a tire fire and reporters can be full of it at the same time :)

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m not slamming her like I did Russini but, again, none of her more prominent colleagues have weighed in on, or corroborated, what would probably be, a pretty large story.  That’s pretty odd if you ask me.

You're right in that this was a third hand report because Colleen Wolfe was not at the event where the awkward conversation allegedly happened. she did not witness this discussion nor was she in the room. Someone texted her this blurb and she passed it on the air on good morning football 

For what it's worth Wolfe is a picks fiend works with excel models she doesn't break stories much 

But the story itself isn't that odd to imagine 

Besides the fact that Saleh has been disappointing woody and is now coaching as a lame duck, 

Saleh and woody are two very different people who have extremely different views on the world 

I don't even think they were talking about Zach that's my own personal agenda. There's a thousand reasons for that conversation to be awkward 

Without disrespecting max no politics rule let's just say these guys are looking at major world issues from opposing viewpoints

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The point was can effect a teams bottom line, not that every teams value sits in order by their number of wins.  That’s all.  

Yeah, I get it. What I’m saying is that that point doesn’t stand up to even momentary scrutiny.

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The jets can be a tire fire and reporters can be full of it at the same time :)

Why would a reporter employed by the NFL make up a story about an NFL team? There's no real career upside in that move 

45 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The NFL network is owned 1/32 by woody 

Woody's making this woman out to be another Manish and Jets fans want to believe that so for the most part we do 

But make no mistake the NFL network has far more truth telling cred than woody

Guessing there’s a rapidly aging hippie slumped into a chaise lounge midway through a ketamine journey in his Malibu manse clicking back and forth between Twitter, Breitbart, and 8chan doing some real reflection on his recent life choices, wondering what Davante Adams is up to right now. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Co-Workers in a pressure filled, high profile business have "heated discussion" at corporate event.... NEWS AT 11!

no it didn't happen shouts angry boss

News at 12 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Why would a reporter employed by the NFL make up a story about an NFL team? There's no real career upside in that move 

First - it should be noted that Wolfe doesn’t have to be lying. She was quoted as saying “from a very reliable source . . . “ - maybe that source wasn’t so reliable? Maybe it was. IDK.

I probably shouldn’t have used the phrase “full of it”

the basic issue with these sort of “reports” is that there is nothing to really go on. It’s gossip with some pointed denials. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Guessing there’s a rapidly aging hippie slumped into a chaise lounge midway through a ketamine journey in his Malibu manse clicking back and forth between Twitter, Breitbart, and 8chan doing some real reflection his recent life choices, wondering what Davante Adams is up to right now. 

It's an eames chair and it was a sarcastic gift from Tom Brady after Aaron Rodgers lost his 12th playoff game 

https://store.hermanmiller.com/living-room-furniture-lounge-chairs-ottomans/eames-lounge-chair-and-ottoman/5667.html?lang=en_US

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It's not about having an anti-Jets agenda, it's about throwing sh*t against the wall to generate clicks.

It was a throwaway line at the end of a podcast. She wasn’t trying to generate traffic or clicks, she was relaying a text she got as a means to playfully poke Dan Hanzus, who is a massive Jets fan. It is the stupid ******* owner turning this into an ordeal for himself and his stupid franchise. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Saleh has been a disaster since he got here but he's avoided scrutiny because there was a rebuild going on plus he had a built-in scapegoat in ZW.  People are only now starting to focus more closely on the horrible job he's done and it's not a pretty picture. 

Your disdain for Saleh is as clear as glass. Anything to deflect the blame for the worst rated QB 3 years running. Do you really think Zach being a terrible QB has anything to do with Robert Saleh? I know you don't but you always want to white knight Wilson for whatever reason. He could have Andy Reid as his coach and he would still blow. Just stop.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Saleh has been a disaster since he got here but he's avoided scrutiny because there was a rebuild going on plus he had a built-in scapegoat in ZW.  People are only now starting to focus more closely on the horrible job he's done and it's not a pretty picture. 

Look, ultimately the teams performance is down to the HC and GM, so you are right. Saleh hasn't lived up to billing, or at least not in the ~2 years he's had a real football team. 

I will say this. A better coach and GM may have supported Wilson better and been successful, but we'll never know. It's just as possible that Wilson could never have been the answer.

Most HC are oriented toward one side of the ball, and need a great coordinator on the "other" side to help them achieve true success. You cannot deny Saleh has done an incredible job with the defense - and without massive over investment - and that these young players seem to like and connect with him. He took Lafleur with him knowing lafleur would need time to develop like any OC might, and Lafleur has been replaced with Satan. I won't absolve Saleh's offenses, but even all timers like Belichik and (supposedly) payton have looked exposed when they're fielding a coordinator who doesn't do well on the side of the ball they don't coach. I'd love to see Saleh with a real offensive coach (or I guess Rodgers on the interim) before we cast him out. I think he could easily go to another team with a more established offense and work wonders.

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

Your disdain for Saleh is as clear as glass. Anything to deflect the blame for the worst rated QB 3 years running. Do you really think Zach being a terrible QB has anything to do with Robert Saleh? I know you don't but you always want to white knight Wilson for whatever reason. He could have Andy Reid as his coach and he would still blow. Just stop.

3 years into the job and Saleh still has everything to prove.  

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

3 years into the job and Saleh still has everything to prove.  

He proved he can win 7 games with the worst rated QB on the league 2 years in a row. Do you dispute this?

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

In fairness, as is the way of social media and the internet, a bunch of clickbait aggregator sites ran with this and it blew up. I've had four different Giants fans send me Twitter links about it.

Woody looks silly for being so up in arms rather than laughing it off but it turned into a story.

If the Jets had a proper, professional media liaison, this would have been a thirty second blip. But they don’t. Their public-facing PR arm is Eric Allen doing weird bits about stadium food. If the coach wasn’t committed to hiding under a rock every minute of his life that he’s not contractually obligated to talk to a reporter, he likewise could have killed this in ten seconds. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

You are the coach the record is terrible I do not care what the media makes up or reports . He needs to win games plain and simple and you have contol over the entire team not just defense so not buying that 

1 minute ago, faba said:

You are the coach the record is terrible I do not care what the media makes up or reports . He needs to win games plain and simple and you have contol over the entire team not just defense so not buying that 

After Rodgers went down his choices were Wilson, Boyle and Siemian. Good luck winning games with that.

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It was a throwaway line at the end of a podcast. She wasn’t trying to generate traffic or clicks. 

But she DID - which is the point you are missing. A number of other media outlets ran with this “story” - and it was already a story before Woody said anything about it. 

it doesn’t really matter what she was trying to do. 

• Upvote 1