Woody and Saleh engaged in “heated” convo at owner’s meeting afterparty

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You don’t see how the owner not caring about winning would cloud his judgement ? Woodys primary focus this year is the election . 

Saving this country is a hell of a lot more important than any stupid NFL game so I don’t blame him for once!

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Sure. So Woody using his toy to court influence and a major donor is well within his right as owner of the Jets, winning be damned. Thank you 

"Major Donor", eh.   

You might want to do a little more research into how much Neeleman donated to candidates.....

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Saving this country is a hell of a lot more important than any stupid NFL game so I don’t blame him for once!

Agreed with the stuff in bold.  Though Woody isn't the man to save anything.  

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

"Major Donor", eh.   

You might want to do a little more research into how much Neeleman donated to candidates.....

Individual donations are capped and I think you know are irrelevant.

12 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Wilson had a fantastic QBASE that put him as the clear #2. This is a really dumb discussion.

This is a quote from the 21 qbase article 

'if he is taken second overall, as many expect, his projection improves from 0.60 to neck and neck with Lawrence's at 0.72.' 

In other words the spot he's selected in drives the qbase number 

It's a snake eating itself. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Time to close the thread.  Let the people who turn this into a conspiracy do just that.

Honest question if reporters 1, 2 and 3 say Something happened

then reporter 4 comes along saying no it did not happen,

why exactly is the issue settled? We now have 3 yea sources and 1 nay and 1 denial (woody) 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Well, you seem to think that duping a couple of morons into thinking you are "the Man" during the covid year against sh*t competition equates with earning something.  Perhaps you should consider adjusting your view of reality.

Again youre selling zach short. 

He did not dupe anyone. He played and went 2nd in the draft. Its just that simple. His play was viewed by most people as worthy if the 2 pick. And thats it.

Why are you not in the nfl draft? There is money to be made. Just dupe a few morons right?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Honest question if reporters 1, 2 and 3 say Something happened

then reporter 4 comes along saying no it did not happen,

why exactly is the issue settled? We now have 3 yea sources and 1 nay and 1 denial (woody) 

Costello & Hughes said it didn’t happen, and they were there.  Now Woody is denying it.  Where are the other “yeah” reports?  The only person I’ve seen peddle this is Colleen.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Individual donations are capped and I think you know are irrelevant.

So now the "major doner" Woody was willing to tank his franchise for ISN'T Neeleman, it's Neeleman's companies then?

OK, lay it out for us Matt, give us the lowdown on how much Neeleman's companies donated since this relationship began vs before that time.  Cite your sources too, if you please.  

Should be easy for a smart guy like you making these claims. 

And keep in mind, he left JetBlue looooooooong before the time period in question (2007, when Zach was all of 8 years old), and had no control or say whatsoever in who they donated to in 2016 (the cycle Woody made his "care more..." comment), 2020 or now in 2024.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So now the "major doner" Woody was willing to tank his franchise for ISN'T Neeleman, it's Neeleman's companies then?

OK, lay it out for us Matt, give us the lowdown on how much Neeleman's companies donated since this relationship began vs before that time.  Cite your sources too, if you please.  

Should be easy for a smart guy like you making these claims. 

And keep in mind, he left JetBlue looooooooong before the time period in question (2007, when Zach was all of 8 years old), and had no control or say whatsoever in who they donated to in 2016 (the cycle Woody made his "care more..." comment), 2020 or now in 2024.

I don’t have the smoking gun you are looking for. I don’t also pretend to take this that seriously as if Woody is committing seditious acts by leveraging his football team to curry political favors. I just happen to think it’s likely what’s happening behind the scenes. 

7 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I’m saying Zach remains on the team because of the owner. He statistically one of the worst QBs over the last 25 years to start games. It’s not complicated. Him and the uncle are tight. You know this. What the benefit is we can only speculate, but yes likely monetary. This type of quid pro quo happens every day, in every industry, all the time. 

This is the point where the speculation started?

Good for Woody for trying to put *more* hearsay and anonymous stuff to bed. Lots of baseless nonsense being constantly thrown at the Jets the last 2 off-seasons.

I can’t remember a time off-hand where a team had this much unsupported garbage being tossed at them.

Why? Because they traded for Aaron Rodgers? People really hate this dude that much? You knew it was going to be a shock coming from Wisconsin to NY - but this is a little overboard at this point no?

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Do they have that stupid Harry Potter ride at the FL one too? That thing made me vomit and I looked like a giant bitch in front of a bunch of kids dressed up like Dumbledore. 

Knowing absolutely nothing about the Harry Potter... like, not a damn thing... the areas of the parks done for HP were really amazing. My 12-year-old is the only one with knowledge of the franchise and he was going nuts. As for the rides, the Motorcycle rollercoaster was great, the other one where it's a hybrid motion ride/rollercoaster (Escape from Gringo or something) was really, really cool. And "Butterbeer", which is just fancy cream soda was surprisingly pretty fricken good. We've always been more Disney visitors, but the Universal parks were a lot of fun. Will definitely go back.

Walked about 20 miles in 2 days though. Plus standing in queue, feets were KILLIN' me at work today. LOL

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Costello & Hughes said it didn’t happen, and they were there.  Now Woody is denying it.  Where are the other “yeah” reports?  The only person I’ve seen peddle this is Colleen.

Hughes was there on Monday 

The incident Wolfe reported on the NFL network happened on Sunday 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This is a quote from the 21 qbase article 

'if he is taken second overall, as many expect, his projection improves from 0.60 to neck and neck with Lawrence's at 0.72.' 

In other words the spot he's selected in drives the qbase number 

It's a snake eating itself. 

oh wow

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Xtina said:

This is the point where the speculation started?

I thought after the Jacksonville game last year and Glazer etc reporting the Jets were moving on thats when my radar went up that something was off with the whole situation. Zach was just flat out bad, pouty and seemingly not liked amongst his teammates. His knee injury and timeline earlier in the year went from day to day to out indefinitely too. Was strange. Now the same thing appears to be happening this offseason where Woody is laying out a plan to bring him back…again. The simply move is cutting the player and both sides moving on. Instead it’s one of the main stories of the Jets offseason. 

• Upvote 1

Let’s just take a second to note that what this dipsh*t ASU grad halfwit billionaire is up in arms about and has now turned into a multi-day story began as Colleen Wolfe, during the wrap-up portion of a podcast that no one listens to in March, repeating a rumor she heard via text to Dan Hanzus, who is a huge Jets fan. They both went on to clarify that the conversation could have been about anything and laughed it off. That the org and this owner are this triggered up about it is ******* hysterical, but telling. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Let’s just take a second to note that what this dipsh*t ASU grad halfwit billionaire is up in arms about and has now turned into a multi-day story began as Colleen Wolfe, during the wrap-up portion of a podcast that no one listens to in March, repeating a rumor she heard via text to Dan Hanzus, who is a huge Jets fan. They both went on to clarify that the conversation could have been about anything and laughed it off. That the org and this owner are this up in arms about it is ******* hysterical. 

Well Tom when you are as big a voice as you are in sports media, one has to take your news breaks really seriously.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Well Tom when you are as big a voice as you are in sports media, one has to take your news breaks really seriously.

Not to brag, but I did sit in on a Journalism seminar at NYU once, back in the 90’s. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Let’s just take a second to note that what this dipsh*t ASU grad halfwit billionaire is up in arms about and has now turned into a multi-day story began as Colleen Wolfe, during the wrap-up portion of a podcast that no one listens to in March, repeating a rumor she heard via text to Dan Hanzus, who is a huge Jets fan. They both went on to clarify that the conversation could have been about anything and laughed it off. That the org and this owner are this triggered up about it is ******* hysterical, but telling. 

The NFL network is owned 1/32 by woody 

Woody's making this woman out to be another Manish and Jets fans want to believe that so for the most part we do 

But make no mistake the NFL network has far more truth telling cred than woody

• Upvote 2