Looking at the tea leaves.

Hardy har

But as for the “trade down” crowd…you better get acclimated to the idea of Cooper DeJean instead of just assuming that the Jets would move down and take an OT or WR.

If the Jets stay at 10, they’re practically guaranteed to take an OL or pass catcher. But if they move down…oh boy.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Hardy har

But as for the “trade down” crowd…you better get acclimated to the idea of Cooper DeJean instead of just assuming that the Jets would move down and take an OT or WR.

If the Jets stay at 10, they’re practically guaranteed to take an OL or pass catcher. But if they move down…oh boy.

Their not trading down....They are trading Up!

8 minutes ago, varjet said:

Tea leaves….mortgaging the future.   Going for broke.   This ain’t a sustainable winner.  

I'd love for you to prove this. Explain to me, on the contract side, how this is mortgaging the future? 

I'd love to hear this. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Hardy har

At this point, a trade scenario that’s crossed my mind is they should just take the best QB available at 10.

They could probably move the player easier than the draft slot.

Worse case scenario, you groom someone behind Rodgers.

46 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Their not trading down....They are trading Up!

That would honestly be my preferred scenario.

And if they do, it’s definitely for a wideout.

Assure me of Harrison, Nabers, or Odunze and I’m good. Just acquire a little added OL and safety depth after that. Don’t care if it ultimately costs us #72 or even an added mid-late round pick next year.

For as much as I love Bowers, I’d still prefer one of the top receivers, especially with Williams on a 1 year deal coming off an ACL and most likely missing pretty much all of the offseason program.

The Jets are “all in” as all in can be.

Many discount a guy like Bowers but I just want as many offensive playmakers as possible, regardless of position, for the time that Rodgers remains.

Because I admire the optimism of the fan who thinks this team could draft the next Ryan Tannehill, much less the next Patrick Mahomes.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Hardy har

Byron Murphy?

39 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

At this point, a trade scenario that’s crossed my mind is they should just take the best QB available at 10.

They could probably move the player easier than the draft slot.

Worse case scenario, you groom someone behind Rodgers.

I just don’t see this happening in a million years.

Nor do I think there will be a QB worth drafting at #10.

Again, the Jets are the very definition of a team pushing their chips towards the center of the table. Some may view this as reckless, but I say why the hell wouldn’t you? You have an aging 4x MVP at QB, a defense which has been a Top 5 unit the last two years, one of the best WR duos in the league if healthy, a retooled offensive line and a 24 year old game breaker in the backfield.

Why the hell are some still acting like the Jets are rebuilding?

If they send out a relatively healthy roster in January/February, then they should be able to give every other team all they can handle and then some.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I just don’t see this happening in a million years.

Nor do I think there will be a QB worth drafting at #10.

Again, the Jets are the very definition of a team pushing their chips towards the center of the table. Some may view this as reckless, but I say why the hell wouldn’t you? You have an aging 4x MVP at QB, a defense which has been a Top 5 unit the last two years, one of the best WR duos in the league if healthy, a retooled offensive line and a 24 year old game breaker in the backfield.

Why the hell are some still acting like the Jets are rebuilding?

If they send out a relatively healthy roster in January/February, then they should be able to give every other team all they can handle and then some.

The point being, the next wave of QBs will will go in the first as well.

It’d be easier to slide back to the end of the 1st and grab a 2nd or 3rd if you hold the rights to one of them rather than the 10th pick.

1 minute ago, NYJCAP2 said:

The point being, the next wave of QBs will will go in the first as well.

It’d be easier to slide back to the end of the 1st and grab a 2nd or 3rd if you hold the rights to one of them rather than the 10th pick.

I just don’t see it as an option 

Douglas and Saleh’s collective asses are literally roasting right now.

For as much as people want to perceive Woody as a “meddler”, I would have zero issue with him flatout stepping in and saying “Go f*ck yourselves, you made an utter embarrassment the highest drafted QB in this teams history after Namath, and then I signed off on acquiring a legend to bail you out. Make it work or get out”.

This is - buy me a playoff appearance so I can save my job another year...

Without a legit QB option that's really all the Jets can hope for...Joe and Staircase Bob just want to keep their job and live to fight another day.  

Sneak into the playoffs this year and then try and sell a new contract and rebuild to Woody.

42 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is - buy me a playoff appearance so I can save my job another year...

Without a legit QB option that's really all the Jets can hope for...Joe and Staircase Bob just want to keep their job and live to fight another day.  

Sneak into the playoffs this year and then try and sell a new contract and rebuild to Woody.

we dont need a new rebuild. we will still have the core 4 from 2022. the two QWs. AVT and Lindenbaum on the OL. whoever we draft this year and next. and alot of cap room. 

thats not bad. 

1 minute ago, doitny said:

we dont need a new rebuild. we will still have the core 4 from 2022. the two QWs. AVT and Lindenbaum on the OL. whoever we draft this year and next. and alot of cap room. 

thats not bad. 

Yeah, but you're going to need a QB...so trading up to draft one is the likelihood.

When you're starting a rookie QB - you're rebuilding - like it or not.

38 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yeah, but you're going to need a QB...so trading up to draft one is the likelihood.

When you're starting a rookie QB - you're rebuilding - like it or not.

thats why we shouldnt draft one, at least not in rd 1. you ogt a 1 in 5 chance of getting it right and havent done it since. plus with a good core we cant afford to go the rookie QB route and get it wrong or for sure the core will never resign here.

after Rodgers get the best FA QB available. go draft a QB in 3rd rd or later. we probably have the same percentage to get it right but without the pressure to start him or having to hand him the job. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, varjet said:

Tea leaves….mortgaging the future.   Going for broke.   This ain’t a sustainable winner.  

Mortgaging the future? We gave up a 2026 conditional 3rd, let’s relax. Not to mention JD has all these guys on 1 year deals and has a boatload of cap space for the forseeable future. Team is setup fine going forward.

If they draft a safety in the first 3 rounds Douglas should be hamstrung and quartered.   There are a whole pile of still unsigned vets laying around out there and if we get to the draft with what we have they are going to have to use a top 3 round pick on one.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Wit said:

Our last big need aside from backs ups, is at safety. I think if we trade up to 6 we can snag a good one. Let’s gooooooo.

You can literally get a good one right now. No need to waste a premium pick. You only spend premium picks on a positions that you can't just go out and pick up. You don't draft safety, or kicker etc. you spend draft capital on gyy you can't pick up easily. Qbs pass rushers or the guy stoppin pass rushers ...that's it.

Why oj earth would you want to waste a pick this year on a safety.

For llthe love of god n9oooooo

11 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Hardy har

Interesting point 

I tend to think their board will be so heavily skewed towards offense that they would still take an offensive player in most scenarios, but this is a scary thought

My guess is the jets simply take their highest rated offensive player at 10 

• Upvote 1