O.J. Simpson is Dead

1 minute ago, DoubleDecker said:

Man this is a layup to be locked at some point but yeah RIP Juice man, hell of an athlete.  I’ll keep it football since that’s the point but a bunch of people so passionately dying on the OJ did it hill for years while there’s literally not a peep about actual other high profile murderers galavanting in public, I’ve always felt was strange/hypocritical.  Different strokes I guess 🤷‍♂️

Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

Knew there’d be at least one to defend him!

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

Knew there’d be at least one to defend him!

Aye man call it what you want, not defending Juice, just pointing things out.  I just find it strange… he wouldn’t be the first person acquitted for a heinous crime. Hell of a football player though. I wish he wasn’t known for that terrible event and I wish Nicole and Ronald were alive too.  It is what it is though.🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t think there was any evidence they were having an affair. It never surfaced anyways. OJ was a short fuse.

I think all they proved is they knew each other.  She also let him use her Ferrari.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

Aye man call it what you want, not defending Juice, just pointing things out.  I just find it strange… he wouldn’t be the first person acquitted for a heinous crime. Hell of a football player though. I wish he wasn’t known for that terrible event and I wish Nicole and Ronald were alive too.  It is what it is though.🤷‍♂️

There’s quite a large group of people on the other side of the coin who have been wrongfully convicted on major crimes largely because they couldn’t afford a dream team defense group like OJ could.  But I’m sure you don’t have any interest talking about that aspect of this.  

OJ not only walked he got to live a long life.  F**k him.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There’s quite a few people who were wrongfully convicted on major crimes largely because they couldn’t afford a dream team defense group like OJ could.  But I’m sure you don’t have any interest talking about that aspect of this.  

Ok I’ll play this game.  I’m assuming you not only respect but think Ray Lewis is a “ hell of a football player.”  He’s also very much living a fairly good life after football.  Yet, Ray Lewis killed a man and hired a pretty great defense team as well.  Additionally, Ray was acquitted and found to mislead police during the entire time.  So yeah let’s not live in an alternate reality here.  You feel juice did it great, but again, he wouldn’t be the first to do it.  Most rich people hire great lawyers🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There’s quite a large group of people on the other side of the coin who have been wrongfully convicted on major crimes largely because they couldn’t afford a dream team defense group like OJ could.  But I’m sure you don’t have any interest talking about that aspect of this.  

Yeah I certainly don’t have any sympathy for him. My only sympathy is to the kids they’ve been through a lot 

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

There is no rational case that the police purposely screwed with evidence. You could argue some slight incompetence or errors in handling evidence but it's impossible to plant DNA in the places it was, with all three subjects together and how the forensics or splatter patterns were at the scene. Plus how did the police have foreknowledge to put Nicole and Goldmans blood in ojs vehicle and in a particular manner...  From a forensics standpoint, it's checkmate in a million different scenarios all leading to oj 

There's no explanation in the universe even if you assume the police were racist and wanted to purposely frame oj, which is mentally insane to think 

That was the defenses case.  The DNA evidence was iron clad.  It was OJ's DNA.  Some of the evidence was moved and the police were either intentional or simply negligent.  The police crediblility in handling the evidence was a key part of the trial.  It went on for weeks.  

The police being racist was also a key part of the defence stradegy.  You may not like it but that's what happened at the trial.

It's not at all irrational to think the police mishandled evidence and OJ is guilty based on the prepondernce of hard evidence.  The Jury felt he was not proven guilty based on exactly what you claim is irrational. 

DNA being used to find out that the police and justice system convicted many innocent people.  It's either incompetence or something else...

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

Have you ever heard of a waiter showing up to your house to return something you left at the restaurant?

Yes. This was pre cell phone. They were friends and he was off to go on a date after he dropped them off. Wrong place wrong time. 

• Upvote 1

Prosecution was baited into it.  So stupid and one of the worst courtroom bunglings ever.  
Sad thing is if the murders had occurred a few years later when the public understanding of DNA was finally coming of age then OJ’s defense would really have had no leg to stand on from the jump.

Funny, I was watching the days DNA was being televised. I followed the math. The DNA was also a potential match for 8,000 people in LA County alone.

It is more formidable nowadays.
  • Post of the Week 1

Here is a great opportunity to see things from two different perspectives simultaneously:

1) You can appreciate the NFL talent he was and say "RIP."

2) Simultaneously, you can be upset that someone of power used it egregiously to manipulate the system so justice was not served and say "good riddance."  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Here is a great opportunity to see things from two different perspectives simultaneously:

1) You can appreciate the NFL talent he was and say "RIP."

2) Simultaneously, you can be upset that someone of power used it egregiously to manipulate the system so justice was not served and say "good riddance."  

Love the player don’t really care much about the dude personally.  It’s just fascinating how he’s captivated so many people, polarizing figure for sure. Zeitgeist moment in  U.S. history.

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

ugh

and that will do little more for me than reminding me of the Knicks losing the 94 finals in heartbreaking fashion 

Yup, party at my sisters to watch the game and had two boxes splitting the screen the larger box on OJ and the smaller box showing our Knicks losing to MJ and his Bulls. 

30 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

Ok I’ll play this game.  I’m assuming you not only respect but think Ray Lewis is a “ hell of a football player.”  He’s also very much living a fairly good life after football.  Yet, Ray Lewis killed a man and hired a pretty great defense team as well.  Additionally, Ray was acquitted and found to mislead police during the entire time.  So yeah let’s not live in an alternate reality here.  You feel juice did it great, but again, he wouldn’t be the first to do it.  Most rich people hire great lawyers🤷‍♂️

Ray Lewis is a murderer too and he can go to hell.  Murderers should pay and non-murderers shouldn't.  It's really not all that complicated.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ray Lewis is a murderer too and he can go to hell.  Murderers should pay and non-murderers shouldn't.  It's really not all that complicated.

Exactly.  Yes both were terrific players but that doesn’t mean anything in the grand scheme of things when it comes to lives that were taken.   At least OJ eventually went to jail for a little while the other charges years later but for the most part got to live his life 

31 minutes ago, Biggs said:

That was the defenses case.  The DNA evidence was iron clad.  It was OJ's DNA.  Some of the evidence was moved and the police were either intentional or simply negligent.  The police crediblility in handling the evidence was a key part of the trial.  It went on for weeks.  

The police being racist was also a key part of the defence stradegy.  You may not like it but that's what happened at the trial.

It's not at all irrational to think the police mishandled evidence and OJ is guilty based on the prepondernce of hard evidence.  The Jury felt he was not proven guilty based on exactly what you claim is irrational. 

DNA being used to find out that the police and justice system convicted many innocent people.  It's either incompetence or something else...

You can argue chain of custody evidence is not handled correctly, you can talk about by the book protocol of evidence handling. You could say inexperience or incompetence. 

There is no deducible rational to any degree that oj was framed because of the nature of the forensic evidence, and in the way it was found and where. 

That's not up for a debate, that's just a basic reality of the universe. Unless you think time travel is possible and the police purposely wanted to not look for other suspects and they had the blood of all 3 ppl beforehand, and they were in on the murder, and so forth and so on. The police in this specific instance you are arguing were racist and wanted to frame oj but simultaneously also had foreknowledge of the murder and helped oj and somehow got Goldman and Nicole's blood before hand???

You can examine it a thousand different ways. It all points to oj. To think oj was framed to any degree is the equivalent of saying that 2+2= 5

It was jury nullification and we know why. 

4 minutes ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

You can argue chain of custody evidence is not handled correctly, you can talk about by the book protocol of evidence handling. You could say inexperience or incompetence. 

There is no deducible rational to any degree that oj was framed because of the nature of the forensic evidence, and in the way it was found and where. 

That's not up for a debate, that's just a basic reality of the universe. Unless you think time travel is possible and the police purposely wanted to not look for other suspects and they had the blood of all 3 ppl beforehand, and they were in on the murder, and so forth and so on. The police in this specific instance you are arguing were racist and wanted to frame oj but simultaneously also had foreknowledge of the murder and helped oj and somehow got Goldman and Nicole's blood before hand???

You can examine it a thousand different ways. It all points to oj. To think oj was framed to any degree is the equivalent of saying that 2+2= 5

It was jury nullification and we know why. 

It was up for debate in the jury room.  Don't think that I agree with the decision I don't.  I'm just telling you that was what the defense made the trial about and it worked.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Biggs said:

It was up for debate in the jury room.  Don't think that I agree with the decision I don't.  I'm just telling you that was what the defense made the trial about and it worked.

It was never going to matter. It was always going to be an excuse in any format to find him not guilty. There could have literally been video of it on tape, it wouldn't matter lol

1 minute ago, FootballLove said:

I was in LA when this went down. Yellow tape and blood. That's what I recall. Lots of yellow tape. Lots of blood. And later, lots of jubilant black folks. They were literally dancing in the streets with the biggest sh*t eating grins I'd ever seen. They had never gotten over before.

Anyway, this shows the importance of all white juries when police officers are on trial (Rodeny King), and all black juries when a black superstar is on trial. A jury of one's peers, I guess.

Makes me wonder if Bragg will field 12 snowflakes b4 Donald finds 12 MAGA. It's Manhattan, so not looking good for the MAGA crowd. Pool is 10,000 to 1 in Bragg's favor.

OJ Juice Simpson. RIP, big fella. Kinda surreal. 

All we can hope for is that human beings appeal towards our better Angels in regards to justice. Human beings are not naturally good but sometimes we can do the right thing. Or at least hope for it. Racial tension brings out the worst in humanity. It's probably going to be the hardest thing we must overcome if we are going to reach the stars 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Here I am trying to remember what one of the daughters name is Caitlyn and then I realize it's the 
Decathlete formerly know as Bruce Jenner. I do think Caitlyn is a very pretty name. 

I think the tall, decent looking one is called Kendall

• Haha 2

The jury had 9 black jurors on it and OJ was loved in the black community in California (and most of the country too). It would be like trying to convict Michael Jordan in Chicago back then. I remember people carrying signs saying "Don't Squeeze The Juice" and when Johhny Cochran said his very catchy and memorable line (almost like it was a line from a song) "If the glove doesn't fit then you have to acquit" I think that was the moment most of the jury decided he was not guilty. That was my impression but I could have read the jury completely wrong.

• Upvote 1