Jets re-sign Ashtyn Davis

11 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

So does this mean we can’t bring back one of our all-time greatest players?

Jamal Adams Football GIF by Seattle Seahawks

Jets should bring him back for the vet minimum, just for the pleasure of cutting him when he can't beat out Tony Adams, Chuck Clark, Ashtyn Davis, or JBC.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

When have I not been a fan?  I was banned.  Not sure for what.  But I just realized my ban is over.

You get banned here for speaking truth against the narrative. The illuminati of Jet Nation is always watching. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

Jets should bring him back for the vet minimum, just for the pleasure of cutting him when he can't beat out Tony Adams, Chuck Clark, Ashtyn Davis, or JBC.

Bro's career might legit be over.

Crazy fall for a guy John Gruden had as "the #1 overall player on his board" that year

Joe Douglas parlayed one Adams play vs the pathetic NYG (the strip sack of DJ) into 2 first rounders 🤣

• Upvote 2

Glad to see Ashtyn back. I'm always wary of the Jets letting defensive guys walk before they develop enough, particularly after Demario Davis years ago...

I was also hoping we'd sign a higher tier free agent safety, but even with their poor market this off season it never felt likely after signing Mike Williams. Good chance our 4th safety comes via UDFA or day 3 pick. Saleh likes his track record of developing budget LB and S

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Glad to see Ashtyn back. I'm always wary of the Jets letting defensive guys walk before they develop enough, particularly after Demario Davis years ago...

I was also hoping we'd sign a higher tier free agent safety, but even with their poor market this off season it never felt likely after signing Mike Williams. Good chance our 4th safety comes via UDFA or day 3 pick. Saleh likes his track record of developing budget LB and S

I've been wrong so many times before (believing Bryce Huff might be tagged & traded as a recent example) but I take solace in making a similar point last year as it related to Quincy Williams.  Was he on track to turn into a Demario Davis story?  

Ashtyn Davis is this year's example of a guy who flashed big time this past year and might be ready for a next step.  Same with Tony Adams.  Teams need these lower cost / good upside type developmental stories.  

Very happy AD is back!  First 4 rounds of the draft should be OFFENSE (a couple ready to contribute now) with defensive depth later on.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I've been wrong so many times before (believing Bryce Huff might be tagged & traded as a recent example) but I take solace in making a similar point last year as it related to Quincy Williams.  Was he on track to turn into a Demario Davis story?  

Ashtyn Davis is this year's example of a guy who flashed big time this past year and might be ready for a next step.  Same with Tony Adams.  Teams need these lower cost / good upside type developmental stories.  

Very happy AD is back!  First 4 rounds of the draft should be OFFENSE (a couple ready to contribute now) with defensive depth later on.

Anyone know whether a 1 yr deal (JD Special) or multiple years?

4 hours ago, Larz said:

Nice !  Very solid pick up.  Expect a contract restructure announcement soon too. I mean they are like 1.5 million in space rn

I have a feeling it's going to be a release / trade not restructure.  

11 minutes ago, hawk said:

I have a feeling it's going to be a release / trade not restructure.  

I agree with you. But I will say this - the most common person expected to be cut/etc is JFM. JD has some major leverage there- JFM is making over 16m this year, none (or almost none) guaranteed. He's extremely unlikely to get more than half that on the open market, MAYBE 10m AAV if multiple teams like him more than his production implies. JD could say "take a 4-6m pay cut, you'll still be making more than you would elsewhere". If JD doesn't want to look like a dick going back on the deal he made, he could also offer a restructure on that.

Of course, JFM may say "pay me what we agreed or cut me". But it might actually be smart of him to stay rather than test the market at a time when teams aren't handing out big money anymore (with the draft looming). I don't think JD will want to set the precedent of cutting players HE chose to pay unless he has to. 

Edit: I can't see a team trading for JFM either at his pay grade. Much like lazard or Wilson, teams know they can just wait for the Jets to cut these players then sign them cheaper 

2 hours ago, Wit said:

Can we have your breakdown of the offseason moves? #thankmelater

If your a jet fan, you have to be thrilled with how this offseason turned out.  We got 2 stud olineman and a stud receiver and did not have to cripple our cap or long term future.  

Now are there concerns about injury?  Sure but any player is suscpetible to injury so I am not really concerned about that.

What is really going to make this offseason is how this draft plays out.  I still think Baktahri is coming in here for depth and a pinch starter so I do not think tackle is a need at 10..

I think its a receiver or Bowers.  Or maybe a trade down.

Joe D will get it done.  We all know this.

My prediction is the Jets trade down to a team looking to take a qb and Joe D gets an olineman and wr with his 1st 2 picks.

Joe D is going to put on a clinic in 3 weeks.

Get ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

Yet another 1 year deal. 

I realize some of these 1 year deals are probably players wanting a "prove it" year to get a bigger contract the following year but it feels like there are an unusual amount of 1 year deals for this team.  I wonder if some of this is coming at the behest of Woody, in case he decides to clean house next year?