Zach traded to Denver [merged]

Just now, southparkcpa said:

Sold your Quinton Coples jersey? 

Coples has years of 5.5, 4.5 and 6.5 sacks  He was not nearly the bust people make him out to be.

Was he good?  No, Was it a good pick?  No but he is a long ways away from the real dreck picks of this team.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Vernon Gholston signed my hat at training camp the year we drafted him. Just found it and debated throwing it in the trash.

Yeah, I met Kenrick Ellis back the year he was drafted. Nice kid. Didn't ask for an autograph. 😆 

23 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Coples has years of 5.5, 4.5 and 6.5 sacks  He was not nearly the bust people make him out to be.

Was he good?  No, Was it a good pick?  No but he is a long ways away from the real dreck picks of this team.

I didn’t want to use Gholsten…..  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Why do you keep brining up Zach Wilson.  He has nothing to do with Rodgers.  

As much as you want it to Zach being bust and me having liked him isn't going to make old man Rodgers good.

You are a bitter man. Hug your Zach Wilson jersey and cry for what could have been 😢

3 hours ago, bicketybam said:

You are a bitter man. Hug your Zach Wilson jersey and cry for what could have been 😢

Not being bitter.

Do you think Zach being bad is going to make Aaron Rodgers good?

I just don't - I just don't see how they're tied together at all.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I like Rodgers, seems like a nice guy, genuinely likes being a Jet and wants to win.

Nothing personal - he's just broken down.  I suspect he'll be okay, surely better than Wilson - but as good as Mike White, one can only hope.

Pretty sure this is his ayahuasca mantra, “as good as Mike White, as good as Mike White… “ 

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Coples was good just ask Jake Locker and Andrew Luck

• Upvote 1

On 4/23/2024 at 9:25 AM, Larz said:

People have forgotten Gholston never got a single sack, and Blair Thomas was a tiny softie that ran out of bounds. Zach isn’t the worst bust but he’s the most hated for sure. 

You got that right

2 hours ago, Barton said:

Like it or not, the Jets did NOT have a plan of development for Zach Wilson. He had no business starting as a rookie, which myself and a few others said the day he was drafted. That 2021 team had zero talent and a terrible coaching staff in offense/head coach. On top of that, he had minimal experience at a smallish school. The Jets absolutely failed Zach. And I’m a guy who is glad he is gone now but let’s call balls and strikes here. 

Looking at your history, you were a BIG Pro-Zach guy in terms of drafting him.  But you did want him to sit a year, in fairness.

Still wrong on Zach tho.  He was never the right pick, plan or no plan.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Looking at your history, you were a BIG Pro-Zach guy in terms of drafting him.  But you did want him to sit a year, in fairness.

Personally I wanted to trade down that year and gather more draft capital.  Obviously when it became clear we were going with Zach I supported it although in retrospect he needed to sit at least a year since he was raw.  Maybe nothing would’ve been different but who knows 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

Maybe, Warfish. How can we really know what Zach could have been? What the Jets did was akin to child neglect. He developed bad habits due to their lack of intelligent planning. Josh Allen, Lamar and mahomes are examples of project QB prospects who panned out due to their teams having a strong plan of development. All 3 would have failed here, IMO. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Barton said:

Maybe, Warfish. How can we really know what Zach could have been? What the Jets did was akin to child neglect. He developed bad habits due to their lack of intelligent planning. Josh Allen, Lamar and mahomes are examples of project QB prospects who panned out due to their teams having a strong plan of development. All 3 would have failed here, IMO. 

I can’t stand these statements and arguments. We only know what happened and what is. That’s it. To suggest an alternate outcome for Zach or any of the other guys you list as though it’s an absolute is an incredibly dishonest debate tactic. We simply do not know. More people would benefit from accepting that they don’t know.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Barton said:

Like it or not, the Jets did NOT have a plan of development for Zach Wilson. He had no business starting as a rookie, which myself and a few others said the day he was drafted. That 2021 team had zero talent and a terrible coaching staff in offense/head coach. On top of that, he had minimal experience at a smallish school. The Jets absolutely failed Zach. And I’m a guy who is glad he is gone now but let’s call balls and strikes here. 

you might be right but if you remember Zachs 1st preseason it was very good. after that i dont see how they could not start him.

12 hours ago, Barton said:

People praise the Ravens for designing an offense for Jackson. Zach needed one built around his strengths. We gave him the opposite and Saleh did the defensive HC thing where you don't let the QB play and we destroyed him. The coaching staff was the main issue. My last word on Zach

We suffer through Zach Wilson for three years before moving on from him. Sean Payton talks to the guy for two days and breaks his ankle running to draft his replacement. That’s why Payton is a Hall of Famer. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

Zach was not the right pick obviously but he was "the" pick that pretty much every QB needy team would have taken 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We suffer through Zach Wilson for three years before moving on from him. Sean Payton talks to the guy for two days and breaks his ankle running to draft his replacement. That’s why Payton is a Hall of Famer. 

Zach Wilson sucks.  Brock Bowers sucks.  We got a good OL

0790B27A-7CCB-4C2D-8EEB-A3FFD9927B68.thumb.jpeg.03bcda948df69aece9a3956acaa50c3d.jpeg

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Something tells me he’s not one to care about these things.  

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Longer Broncos career- Sanchez or Zach?

They cut him at the end of camp, try to put him on the practice squad, then IR, and he’s never seen nor heard from again in the NFL. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They cut him at the end of camp, try to put him on the practice squad, then IR, and he’s never seen nor heard from again in the NFL. 

I'm gonna make this prediction:  He's opening day QB in Denver come September.

• Haha 3