Zach traded to Denver [merged]

3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You just went full on dumbass, new guy. I wonder what your former user name was before this burner account... 🤔 FactsOnly??

Screenshot_20240423_184737_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bfa08c644af07c01da5412aacface828.jpg

You're the only dumbass. This is not a burner account.  It's the only account I've ever had here.  Have a nice life.

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

If I were Sauce or Wilson or Breece, I wouldn't be surprised if they are thinking about moving on after watching the moves of JD.  He had 1 draft... no back up QB and these kids careers are going to waste.

I agree and think the same thing goes for JJ.

9 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I want to see a "Hands up" of all the NY Jets homers who actually bought a Wilson jersey. I was there, opening day in Carolina when he couldn't even move the ball.   We lost to Darnold, who also still sucked.  

Were you at the game in your Gholston jersey? :)

• Haha 1

NSFW
A Broncos Fan's reaction to the trade.

I love that they think Hackett ****ed him up

They are looking at it as a small risk high reward move.

... I actually heard some Denver reporters giving mad props to him.doing as well as he did with the Jets.

Also comparing his age to to QBs coming out like Nix. Essentially a development project that might work given his natural physical ability.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, bicketybam said:

But aren't you excited to see what competent QB play looks like after 3 years of QB hell? I mean Mike White looked like Dan Marino after Wilson was sent to the bench.

I would be pleasantly surprised if Rodgers can play at a Mike White level.

Unfortunately though I'm expecting a similar W/L record.

10 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Ah, he showed little to no development in his 2nd year under the same coordinator, while other old untalented QBs performed much better in the same spot. Wilson was the problem.

the last person I want to hear an opinion on anything Jets related is Peyton fkn Manning.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

We changed coordinators once, because Wilson went to the owner to have him fired.

You are correct we only changed once, but if you could provide a source that Zach went to the owners.

From my understanding there were quite a few unhappy campers with MiLF.

33 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Weren't Peyton and Eli openly bashing Zach for how he played in Week 1? I sort of remember them both destroying him during the game.

Now it suddenly wasn't his fault. Got it.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Weren't Peyton and Eli openly bashing Zach for how he played in Week 1? I sort of remember them both destroying him during the game.

Zach got roasted pretty bad by former QBs. The Mannings, Fitz. I think there was one more, forget who, but he almost had an aneurism when Saleh told Zach to unplug. Maybe Kurt Warner?

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I love that they think Hackett ****ed him up

It's not true, Zach sucked on his own, but Hackett did him no favors.

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

They are looking at it as a small risk high reward move.

Because for them it is.

They gave up a 6th and got a 7th.  That cost is effectively immaterial.  They pay only half the salary, also basically immaterial.

And it's a one-year deal, they won't take up the 6th year option most likely.

So a cheap, one-year try out for a kid who was hyped up when he came out, who played for a team with a poor record of QB's.

No criticism to the Broncos for this low-cost low-risk move on their end.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Claymation said:

You are correct we only changed once, but if you could provide a source that Zach went to the owners.

From my understanding there were quite a few unhappy campers with MiLF.

IIRC, they said there would be no changes in staff after the season.  The firing supposedly happened based on stuff that came out in the exit interviews about LaFleur's relationship with Zach and Moore.  I specifically remember people being surprised that some of the interviews were with Woody alone and not the front office.  Not a smoking gun, but not a big jump either.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

IIRC, they said there would be no changes in staff after the season.  The firing supposedly happened based on stuff that came out in the exit interviews about LaFleur's relationship with Zach and Moore.  I specifically remember people being surprised that some of the interviews were with Woody alone and not the front office.  Not a smoking gun, but not a big jump either.

I believe Becton had quite a bit to say about MiLF. 

52 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

at some point smart people learn not to listen to anything the media tells them, theres always an agenda from the media

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I would be pleasantly surprised if Rodgers can play at a Mike White level.

Unfortunately though I'm expecting a similar W/L record.

Did you buy a Wilson Broncos jersey yet? The revenge tour is coming! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Did you buy a Wilson Broncos jersey yet? The revenge tour is coming! 

Why do you keep brining up Zach Wilson.  He has nothing to do with Rodgers.  

As much as you want it to Zach being bust and me having liked him isn't going to make old man Rodgers good.

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

As much as you want it to Zach being bust and me having liked him isn't going to make old man Rodgers good.

Lol, totally unrelated… 

dave chappelle GIF

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Oh ffs, **** Zach Wilson. The kid was a magnet for disaster. A mush. A total anchor. Soft. Dumb. A smaller, less likeable Darnold clone. From day 1. 

Nervous Jets GIF by The Undroppables

And IF Rodgers is a top 10 QB this year, you should take off for a while. I'm sure Denver has a fanboard somewhere. you can whinge about 8 over there.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

And IF Rodgers is a top 10 QB this year

What makes you think Rodgers will be a top 10 QB this year?

He wasn't even in the top half of the league two years ago...Now coming off a season ending achilles injury and being 41 years old.  

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What makes you think Rodgers will be a top 10 QB this year?

He wasn't even in the top half of the league two years ago...Now coming off a season ending achilles injury and being 41 years old.  

Tell me you can't read too good without telling me....

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So you think Aaron Rodgers performance this year - will have something to do with Zach Wilson having been a bust?

Seems like a strange take.  

No, we think that a HOF QB coming off of a year of rest and rehab will do well,  WHILE Zach Wilson happens to be Vanilla Jamarcus... that he is so bad he was traded for the proverbial "sack of footballs" while the Jets are paying him to NOT play for them. 

Copy? 

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

No, we think that a HOF QB coming off of a year of rest and rehab will do well,  WHILE Zach Wilson happens to be Vanilla Jamarcus... that he is so bad he was traded for the proverbial "sack of footballs" while the Jets are paying him to NOT play for them. 

Copy? 

Again, I just don't understand what Zach Wilson has to do with Aaron Rodgers.

I like Rodgers, seems like a nice guy, genuinely likes being a Jet and wants to win.

Nothing personal - he's just broken down.  I suspect he'll be okay, surely better than Wilson - but as good as Mike White, one can only hope.