The Rodgers Trade is Complete. Here’s a Look How Each Team Fared

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Larz said:

This is 99% of his motivation, proving that the Packers made a mistake. 

At this point he needs to at least make the AFC championship game 

And that’s a good thing 

Unfortunately for AR, Packers nearly went to NFC Championship game kind of proved GB made the right decision.

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, Larz said:

This is 99% of his motivation, proving that the Packers made a mistake. 

At this point he needs to at least make the AFC championship game 

And that’s a good thing 

Green Bay already proved they made the right decision. Rodgers is in their rear view mirror, while the Packers live in his head rent free.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

1. Except they didn't nearly win the NFC Championship game because they never made it to the NFC Championship game.

2. They also were even closer to finishing the season with a losing record after nearly dropping a December game to the Giants. Also two more of their 9 wins came against division pushover Chicago plus another against the Cousins-less Vikings plus another against the Panthers.

3. The Packers gave up the 10th-fewest points in the NFL last year and they were 6-8 heading into a Christmas Eve game that finished their season with cake walks against the Panthers, Vikings, and Bears.

4. The Jets did make the AFC Championship game, with buttfumble bust Mark Sanchez. Twice. So much for that. 

5. Their mistake was drafting Love in the first place way back in 2020 while Rodgers was still in NFL MVP form. It was so dumb no one repeated the mistake until Atlanta mindlessly did almost that this year (even that wasn't as bad, as Cousins isn't Rodgers). 

Fight me.

Your right… talk to text changed “ went to” to “winning the” was driving at the time. Don’t tell my kids, as I always get on them about never being on phone while driving.

Netflix Idiot GIF by Daybreak

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Jets win this trade even if Rodgers is just a game manager.  

Van Ness- 32 tackles and 4 sacks in 345 snaps.

McDonald-13 tackles  and 3 sacks in 177 snaps.  

Pretty comparable with Will having a better sack %.  I expect Will to take the next step and win this trade alone.   

But you have to take into account that the Jets don't play their defensive front players as much as other teams. McDonald played just 19% of defensive snaps versus 33% of GB's. You need almost two McDonalds to equal the production GB got out of one player. Even if McDonald is the better player and we assume McDonald would produce as well playing twice as many snaps, the Jets still need that second player and his salary to balance it out. I don't consider that an equal result. 

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Jets win this trade even if Rodgers is just a game manager.  

Van Ness- 32 tackles and 4 sacks in 345 snaps.

McDonald-13 tackles  and 3 sacks in 177 snaps.  

Pretty comparable with Will having a better sack %.  I expect Will to take the next step and win this trade alone.   

It's Rodgers for a linebacker and kicker and you think that's a lost trade? 

Van Ness will be special

McD

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/will-mcdonald/

Van Ness

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/lukas-van-ness/

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

1. Except they didn't nearly win the NFC Championship game because they never made it to the NFC Championship game.

2. They also were even closer to finishing the season with a losing record after nearly dropping a December game to the Giants. Also two more of their 9 wins came against division pushover Chicago plus another against the Cousins-less Vikings plus another against the Panthers.

3. The Packers gave up the 10th-fewest points in the NFL last year and they were 6-8 heading into a Christmas Eve game that finished their season with cake walks against the Panthers, Vikings, and Bears.

4. The Jets did make the AFC Championship game, with buttfumble bust Mark Sanchez. Twice. So much for that. 

5. Their mistake was drafting Love in the first place way back in 2020 while Rodgers was still in NFL MVP form. It was so dumb no one repeated the mistake until Atlanta mindlessly did almost that this year (even that wasn't as bad, as Cousins isn't Rodgers). 

Fight me.

I don't think anyone considers drafting Love dumb or a mistake.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

But you have to take into account that the Jets don't play their defensive front players as much as other teams. McDonald played just 19% of defensive snaps versus 33% of GB's. You need almost two McDonalds to equal the production GB got out of one player. Even if McDonald is the better player and we assume McDonald would produce as well playing twice as many snaps, the Jets still need that second player and his salary to balance it out. I don't consider that an equal result. 

Last year there were limited snaps for everyone because they were so deep.  

They removed two major pieces and only added one.  That adds up to a comparable snap count.  

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think the proper way to evaluate this trade is to ask, if given a time machine:

1. Would Green Bay make this trade again? Safe to say, 100% yes.

2. Would the Jets make this trade again? Probably 50/50? 

You're crazy.

JD would trade for Rodgers again right now.  What was the alternative?

One of the Wilsons or JJ McCarthy?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

You're crazy.

JD would trade for Rodgers again right now.  What was the alternative?

One of the Wilsons or JJ McCarthy?

Knowing what he knows now? That he loses Rodgers for a year and also that Rodgers’ brain is filled with conspiratorial pine tar? 

• WTF? 1

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Knowing what he knows now? That he loses Rodgers for a year and also that Rodgers’ brain is filled with conspiratorial pine tar? 

Or, just maybe, how Rodgers took a 40% discount on his original contract, made an incredible attempt to get back from a career threatening injury in time for a potential playoff run and has been a big reason why TS and MW came here in FA, while also being at all the voluntary workouts?

• Sympathy 1

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

Or, just maybe, how Rodgers took a 40% discount on his original contract, made an incredible attempt to get back from a career threatening injury in time for a potential playoff run and has been a big reason why TS and MW came here in FA, while also being at all the voluntary workouts?

All good things! BUT, his entire career now hinges on the caprice of Aaron Rodgers trying to milk the last ounce of milk from the teet of his body. 

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

All good things! BUT, his entire career now hinges on the caprice of Aaron Rodgers trying to milk the last ounce of milk from the teet of his body. 

Everybody saw the throws he was making at last year’s camp. No doubt the arm talent is still there, no doubt he’s keeping his body fit. For someone who was all in with me, & others, when the trade was being argued, you’re starting to let your message board “negative personality” drain the life from your fanboy excitement.

siamese twin GIF by Sondre Lerche

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Unfortunately for AR, Packers nearly winning the NFC Championship game kind of proved GB made the right decision.

Plus they saved what, 90 million?

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

If we compare this trade based on jersey sales and hamburgers served, I think we come out on top, handily.

Nope. Those were preseason sales. More Jordan Love jerseys were sold than Rodgers by the end of the year, and I’m guessing the Packers will be selling a few more Love jerseys the next 5-10 years than the Jets will of Rodgers.

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

made an incredible attempt to get back from a career threatening injury in time for a potential playoff run

people saying this with earnest awe and reverence is by far the funniest ongoing bit around here

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1