Jets at SF on MNF Week 1

I fully expected the Jets to start the season in a prime time game because of Rodgers. The opponent choice is unexpected. Is this making a story out of the upgraded OL's ability to protect Rodgers? Knocking optimism about the Jets down a peg?

Right now I expect this game to be an L but I don't really hate playing them first. Nobody's really seen what the Rodgers led offense will look like. If there's an opportunity to win a game by surprise, I'd rather it be against a good team than burning whatever small advantage that may yield against a clunker like Denver.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Love the matchup.

******* BS they have to open on Monday Night AGAIN!

I have a 12 year old who just wants to see Rodgers play, now 2 years in a row he can’t watch opening day and then he loses interest.

There should be a rule you are only allowed to play week 1 Monday Night once every 10 years or something.

I’m extremely sick of the NFL and them scripting everything to squeeze one extra penny out of broke addicted consumers.

Every year I show less and less interest in the product as a whole.

I’ll probably be done once Rodgers retires.

You can’t tackle anymore now either **** them and the amazing game they are ruining!

the NFL isn't going to cater to a smallish number of kids who want to watch the game but it's just a bit past their bedtime. 

my son was 12 last year and he went to the game with me.  he has to get up at 6:30 am for school.  It's not really that big of a deal in my opinion.   he was tired for one day.  he went to bed early the next day and all was well.

the consumers are far from broke.  ticket prices are sky high, consumers are spending on events like never before.  not sure where you are getting your info from.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

No but what’s wrong with Sunday at 4:25, Game of the Week for CBS?

2 year in a row Monday Night is a spit in the face.

TBH there shouldn’t even be Monday Night Football Week 1 (I think there should be no football outside of Thanksgiving and Sundays but I’m sure I’m in the minority).

many would view it as positive not a spit in the face.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

It’s frustrating.

First excitement with a QB for the Jets since Favre.

2 years in a row can’t sit down with my son and enjoy the game, and never did he even get to see Rodgers one play.

**** you and the other guys.  All one wants to do is share their passions with their children.  This greedy pos league only gives a **** about $$$$$$$$$$!

You all thinking this is great Wednesday games, every Xmas, and any other ******* holiday they can take over it’s ******* stupid greed.

This is Adios **** YOU!

come on - you and your son have prioritized sleep and his other sport over watching the Jets play.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I don’t have DVR.

Who wants to watch a game they know the outcome to on Tuesday around 3:00 PM.

With practice and Homework he probably wouldn’t be able to find time anyways.

This is just making it easier for me and my son to break away from this greed pos league.

Are you guys Mennonites or something?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Honestly this is probably the single worst case scenario for an opener.

Road against an elite opponent in prime time.

Really awful that after last years MNF mishap they're forcing us Jets fans to brace for the worst on ESPN again.

I'd rather face the 49ers opening day, you get all of training camp to prepare for them and they have zero tape on a Rodgers led Jets team. IMO this is best case scenario (outside of it being Monday Night)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Also Chiefs week 2 at home vs Bengals.

So they get 2 of their toughest games at home to start the season.  Just like the Brady Pats they get the best of everything.

No who was the last team to beat the chiefs , and kicked their arses in their own house.   The Raiders .     Every Raider fan wanted to play them opening night in arrowhead to give them another beating.  The Raiders have the defense to beat the snot out of them( this defense got even stronger with C Wilkins , and a healthy Tyree Wilson.  . The Raiders aren’t done there will be a trade , and might bring back another of their ex defense lineman to give them the best defense line in all of football. 

The Raiders 12 personal going to be a nightmare on offense .    Devante Adams , J  Meyers  at wr m Mayer and Brock Bowers and Zeus as the lone running back .   They have so many weapons Tre Tucker , Michael Gallup , d Laube .  There offense line was top ten with best offense lineman missing for a lot games Lt K miller .  Lt k miller Lg Powers Johnson C Andre James Rg D Parham - stud at rg where he played in college, and the couple games he played there in nfl -  but for some reason they played him at lg Rt T Mumford .    James is good center but he struggles against elite dts .       Power Johnson will fix that but not till 2025 when takes over center  .  ( unless James get hurt). Than Andre Peat  will be the lg .

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

I'm sure someone probably mentioned this already - but how ironic is this??

Leonard Floyd, who sacked Rodgers on the play he was hurt last season, is now a member of the 49ers.

Jets to open 2024 season on 'Monday Night Football' at 49ers (nypost.com)

I'd bet folding money, that some a$$-hole NFL scheduler, made this the Jets opening game, solely for this reason.

This is NOT a coincidence.

Same Ole NFL.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

No who was the last team to beat the chiefs , and kicked their arses in their own house.   The Raiders .     Every Raider fan wanted to play them opening night in arrowhead to give them another beating.  The Raiders have the defense to beat the snot out of them( this defense got even stronger with C Wilkins , and a healthy Tyree Wilson.  . The Raiders aren’t done there will be a trade , and might bring back another of their ex defense lineman to give them the best defense line in all of football. 

The Raiders 12 personal going to be a nightmare on offense .    Devante Adams , J  Meyers  at wr m Mayer and Brock Bowers and Zeus as the lone running back .   They have so many weapons Tre Tucker , Michael Gallup , d Laube .  There offense line was top ten with best offense lineman missing for a lot games Lt K miller .  Lt k miller Lg Powers Johnson C Andre James Rg D Parham - stud at rg where he played in college, and the couple games he played there in nfl -  but for some reason they played him at lg Rt T Mumford .    James is good center but he struggles against elite dts .       Power Johnson will fix that but not till 2025 when takes over center  .  ( unless James get hurt). Than Andre Peat  will be the lg .

I actually think I owe you a big thank you.

Every time the Raiders sh*t the bed, year after year, I take so much more joy out of it because of these idiotic posts. Otherwise, I probably would barely even notice them.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Put those damn rugrats to bed at 7. Dad's got football to watch. 

If only it were that easy! LOL

These late night games are killing me 😂

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Honestly this is probably the single worst case scenario for an opener.

Road against an elite opponent in prime time.

Really awful that after last years MNF mishap they're forcing us Jets fans to brace for the worst on ESPN again.

How about if we were on the road again week 2

9 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Leonard Floyd, who sacked Rodgers on the play he was hurt last season, is now a member of the 49ers.

I'd bet folding money, that some a$$-hole NFL scheduler, made this the Jets opening game, solely for this reason.

Just because something is not a coincidence, doesn't make it ironic.

Also, this is 100% a coincidence.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JetPotato said:

If it comes down to coaching, it's not a 50/50 matchup. More like 90/10.

That's what he was going for. Kudos for taking the bait!

P.S. coaching is why Wilson sucked. Just ask the guy.

2 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

They’ll receive the opening kickoff and march right down the field for a TD against our vaunted, asleep defense.

I believe Darnold'sForeskin is available. 

45 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'd rather face the 49ers opening day, you get all of training camp to prepare for them and they have zero tape on a Rodgers led Jets team. IMO this is best case scenario (outside of it being Monday Night)

I just suspect that the Jets will take a little while to jell offensively especially given I assume they'll again keep Rodgers under bubble wrap in the preseason. Could be a rocky start for the offense.

30 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Same Ole NFL.

I got a ton of folding money that says you are wrong. I'm not even sure if you are serious. 

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Ruby2 said:

That's how I've always felt about opening on MNF.

To each their own.  Never has bothered me.  But in fairness I was able to take a day off on Monday or Tuesday and enjoy it.  I can see how it could suck

• Upvote 1