Jets OTA updates (6/4 Open to Media)

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

Why do you always do this?  I'm not harping on one thing.  Ive called out, numerous things.  You're focused on the one thing.

I didn’t do a thing.  

I mentioned his yardage and you switched off to TDs.  TDs weren’t what I was talking about and now you want to blame me?  What about all the others who aren’t buying your one note argument? You invited discussion with the TD comments, not a big deal to disagree

There are plenty who argued against TDs vs yardage, not just me

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I didn’t do a thing.  

I mentioned his yardage and you switched off to TDs.  TDs weren’t what I was talking about and now you want to blame me?  What about all the others who aren’t buying your one note argument? You invited discussion with the TD comments, not a big deal to disagree

There are plenty who argued against TDs vs yardage, not just me

I have no idea what you’re even talking about at this point, as usual, you’re doing it again.

We would be a miserable couple.  Probably start out, hot and passionate, but eventually both hire hit men to kill each other over communication issues. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So if a player catches a 20 yard pass for example and is tackled on the 1, then Breece runs it in for the TD that catch didnt create points?  
Barry Sanders had more than a few seasons with single digit TD totals, he wasn’t productive?  His 3 and 4 TD season totals only created 18 and 24 points even though he rushed for 1100 and 1500 yards those years?

Look if you wanna believe conklin is special have at it

i really dont care

the dude is a jag. He is average. He can go down and be replaced without thinking its a major blow to the team.

if i lost kinkaid or kelce or pitts or laporta it would be a huge blow. Not the same. Stop it

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

How many 40-year old QBs have made a comeback from this injury in the history of the NFL?  0 

I would ask his many 40 year old qb’s have had this injury?

I am going to guess it is less than 3 and could he 1 so what are we comparing?

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I guess garrett wilson is a JAG cause he had 3 tds last year which for a number 1 wideout, is downright awful.

Here you go again with the cherry picking. And i never said wilson is a jag.

the difference between wilson and conklin is the eye test. Wilson wows. Conklin does not. Wilson is always making plays. Conklin is not. Wilson name gets called all the time. Not conklin. Ppl have wilson jerseys, not conklin jerseys 

Between you and numb nuts over there, you guys are bringing up wilson and barry sanders and trying to make connections. Its laughable homerism on display

• Sympathy 1

48 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Here you go again with the cherry picking. And i never said wilson is a jag.

the difference between wilson and conklin is the eye test. Wilson wows. Conklin does not. Wilson is always making plays. Conklin is not. Wilson name gets called all the time. Not conklin. Ppl have wilson jerseys, not conklin jerseys 

Between you and numb nuts over there, you guys are bringing up wilson and barry sanders and trying to make connections. Its laughable homerism on display

168 targets for Wilson for 3 measley TD's. Sounds like they should have targeted The Conk more if you ask me 🤔

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I would ask his many 40 year old qb’s have had this injury?

I am going to guess it is less than 3 and could he 1 so what are we comparing?

Forget the injury.. only Brady and Favre managed to get through an entire season without missing a game at age 40 or over in the entire history of the NFL (and Favre tried again at 41.. wasn't great, got injured and retired). Could Rodgers be the third? Sure, but expecting it to happen is foolish.

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

Sir, I hate to break it you but your information is wrong.  Joe Flacco actually failed to throw a TD in his last game as a JET, the date was 1/9/23 vs. the Dolphins.  Conklin caught 2 passes for 13 yards.

He caught a TD from Flacco, week 1 of the 22 season, the date was 9/11/22 vs. the Ravens.  On 10/30/22, he caught 2 TD's from Zach Wilson vs. the Patriots.  He has not scored since, in 27 games and my list of 5 was accurate because White and Streveler were on the 22 team and both played that season after Wilson was benched. 

I would like a fried Oreo. 

oops i was lazy....still not getting a ******* cookie

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

i really dont care

the dude is a jag. He is average. He can go down and be replaced without thinking its a major blow to the team.

if i lost kinkaid or kelce or pitts or laporta it would be a huge blow. Not the same. Stop it

If you think I said he’s special find it.  Copy and paste it.
If you think I said he isn’t replaceable, also copy and paste it.    
If you can’t, you stop.  

10 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

That was a solid burn in 99.  

Out of curiosity, do you happen to have a tribal band arm tattoo around your bicep? 

Were you even alive in 99?

You talk like your 10 years old.

• Upvote 1

@Warfish

In 2023, Conklin had career high in receptions (61), setting personal bests in yards (621) and first downs (27) -- playing with four different quarterbacks.

246 of his 621 receiving yards were YAC.

On 61 receptions that's an average of 4 yds YAC per reception.

Not lighting the world on fire - but serviceable.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

i really dont care

Not the same? Stats seem to dispute your opinion despite your not caring

Dalton Kinkaid
REC TGTS YDS AVG TD LNG FD CAR YDS AVG TD LNG FUM LST
73 91 673 9.2 2 51 29 0 0 0.0 0 0 1

Travis Kelce

93 121 984 10.6 5 53 50 0 0 0.0 0 0 1 1

Kyle Pitts

53 90 667 12.6 3 39 35 1 -4 -4.0 0 -4 0 0

Tyler Conklin

61 87 621 10.2 0 37 27 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

I'm  leaving Laporta ,as the top guy, out on these comparisons and I'm  definitely not seeing the big difference you claim  outside of a few TD's scored by each of those listed  and Kelce's 5 TD's and 50 First Down's, which I admit is exceptional, otherwise Conklin is in a similar bracket as those top TE's as far as stats. It's just silly IMO to think otherwise only because he didn't find the end zone with ZW as his QB ,who BTW had a really hard time of finding any  scores in the red zone in 2023. 

Wasn't going to comment further on Conklin, just don't understand the belittling he's endured here on this thread and I got sucked back in ... LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Bronx said:

Was he injured the year before?  

Yes.

The season after Vinny blew out his Achilles he stated 16 games and threw for 3700 yards

Sorry.  Try again

On 6/3/2024 at 7:42 PM, doitny said:

i got news for you, Brian Daboll sucks.

last year the Giants were 29th in Yds and 30th in Pts. 18th and 15th the year before.

Saleh was 3rd in defense yds and 12th in pts given up. the year before he was 4th and 4th.

whatever side of the football your HC comes from you expect him to have your team playing really well there. 

Saleh has his defense as one of the best for 2 years. Daboll was middle of the pack in 2022 and one of the worst offenses in 2023.

i will take Saleh thank you. at least one side of the football will be really good. with Daboll both sides suck.

Daboll "sucks"???, in Saleh's 1st year (2021) the Jets "D" was ranked dead last, 32 out of 32 ... his "O" was 26 out of 32 (in '20 the "D" was 24th & the "O" was 32nd). In his 2nd season the "D" went to 4th out of 32 & the "O" was 25th out of 32 ... last year the Jest "D" was 3rd & the "O" was 31st. t's been a pretty good turnaround for the "D" but the "O" is severely lacking... Hoping "that" will change this year & going forward with a healthy Rodgers.

ps- if you're going to blame the "O" on QB play, Jones was injured & missed 11 games last year.  '22 was Daboll's 1st yr so 18th in yards & 15th in points is not really bad, especially considering the Giants "O" was ranked 31st in '21.

not saying Daboll is anything special but imo he surely does Not "suck", this year Needs to be Saleh's year. 

3 hours ago, jetsons said:

The Jets Will carry 4 rb's this year, Izzy Will Be 1 of the 4..

They just signed Cohen so it wouldn’t be that surprising if it is Cohen, Hall, and the 2 draftees from this year.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Forget the injury.. only Brady and Favre managed to get through an entire season without missing a game at age 40 or over in the entire history of the NFL (and Favre tried again at 41.. wasn't great, got injured and retired). Could Rodgers be the third? Sure, but expecting it to happen is foolish.

Sure - I get it and me personally I put Rodgers starting all 17 games at about 50%.

The outstanding question though is how many starting nfl qb's age 39+ have torn their achilles? Can't be many if any at all since most qb's are retired at that age or backups seeing 5% playing time.

If we are going to use that as a reason for concern and the expectation being Rodgers will be a shell of himself or get hurt again, then we have to use a fact behind that to say all of these other guys who have had the same injury at the same age or older did X.

Problem is we do not have that fact to compare.

And for every guy we can bring up who had a major injury at an older age and never regained form, there are others on the other side of that argument - any remember Adrian Petersen's season following his ACL tear?

Who knows what Rodgers will be this year but me personally, I dont think his achilles will be a factor

4 hours ago, jetsons said:

Daboll "sucks"???, in Saleh's 1st year (2021) the Jets "D" was ranked dead last, 32 out of 32 ... his "O" was 26 out of 32 (in '20 the "D" was 24th & the "O" was 32nd). In his 2nd season the "D" went to 4th out of 32 & the "O" was 25th out of 32 ... last year the Jest "D" was 3rd & the "O" was 31st. t's been a pretty good turnaround for the "D" but the "O" is severely lacking... Hoping "that" will change this year & going forward with a healthy Rodgers.

ps- if you're going to blame the "O" on QB play, Jones was injured & missed 11 games last year.  '22 was Daboll's 1st yr so 18th in yards & 15th in points is not really bad, especially considering the Giants "O" was ranked 31st in '21.

not saying Daboll is anything special but imo he surely does Not "suck", this year Needs to be Saleh's year. 

in Salehs 1st year our defense was bad. but after that very good. Daboll went from middle of the pack to 30th in offense in year 2. he went backwards.

Jones went 1-5. he also had Tyrod Taylor for 5 games. and Barkley for 14 games. without counting the games Jones and Taylor got hurt they avged 15.2 pts. for a guy whos supposed to be an offensive genius that is not good at all.

just for reference we avged 15.7 pts with Zach, Trevor and Boyle. and were supposed to have the worst OC in the NFL.

so a Hackett offensive with the worst QBs in the NFL scored 0.5 more pts than a Daboll offense in the 9 games he had Jones and Taylor. to me thats sucks.

if Hackett sucks shouldn't the guy who scored just as many points suck too? 

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Jetkwondo said:

Not the same? Stats seem to dispute your opinion despite your not caring

Dalton Kinkaid
73 91 673 9.2 2 51 29 0 0 0.0 0 0 1

Travis Kelce

93 121 984 10.6 5 53 50 0 0 0.0 0 0 1 1

Kyle Pitts

53 90 667 12.6 3 39 35 1 -4 -4.0 0 -4 0 0

Tyler Conklin

61 87 621 10.2 0 37 27 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

I'm  leaving Laporta ,as the top guy, out on these comparisons and I'm  definitely not seeing the big difference you claim  outside of a few TD's scored by each of those listed  and Kelce's 5 TD's and 50 First Down's, which I admit is exceptional, otherwise Conklin is in a similar bracket as those top TE's as far as stats. It's just silly IMO to think otherwise only because he didn't find the end zone with ZW as his QB ,who BTW had a really hard time of finding any  scores in the red zone in 2023. 

Wasn't going to comment further on Conklin, just don't understand the belittling he's endured here on this thread and I got sucked back in ... LOL

You do understand that in your attempt to discredit my feeling that conklin is a jag, youre somewhat statistically claiming that he is in the same league as pitts, kelce and kingcaid, right? I mean there is no way around it.

Those 3 are superstars. Is conklin then also a superstar?

How about this: if you had to pick one with a gun to your head. …. Is conklin closer to being a superstar? Or closer to being average?

38 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

You do understand that in your attempt to discredit my feeling that conklin is a jag, youre somewhat statistically claiming that he is in the same league as pitts, kelce and kingcaid, right? I mean there is no way around it.

How about this: if you had to pick one with a gun to your head. …. Is conklin closer to being a superstar? Or closer to being average?

This discussion went off the rails. It started with Conklin being described as a middle of the road starting TE. I don’t think anyone is really saying otherwise except that some want to call a mid-level starter a JAG, which I guess is your business. It also came about because Conklin and his 588.6 yards/season isn’t a terrible baseline #3 option in the passing game, while also hoping/anticipating that Williams is an 800 yard guy this year and Corley makes significant noise as well. As one of five options on any given down, he’s fine. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Conklin is fine. It was incredibly stupid to sign both Uzomah and Conklin. 

Something you’re seeing in these practice reports—which is a continuation from last year—is that the QBs seem to be holding the ball too long. A lot of “probably would have been a sack, but…” and “Rodgers/Tyrod escape the pocket and.” The defense is obviously good, but it was a no-pads practice today. Pitch and catch stuff that doesn’t seem to be happening, which is problematic and points to Hackett sucking. Practice? Yes. But it was a trend all last summer and Rodgers ended up getting chased around against the Giants in preseason and then killed by the Bills. 

It seems to be a theme with JD: quantity over quality, or at least if quality is in question. The TE situation you reference, the draft where he took the 3 DBs in Round 4 and 5, the RBs in this years draft. He seems to like to play the odds at certain positions.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Your looking at it differently then how I've been portraying it. I never claimed he was a superstar, just that his stats don't lie and his reliable ball skills put him in the upper third of all TE's who played last year.

A few here are killing the guy for not being a superstar which I think is unfair . To put it plainly, I don't think he sucks... and he's probably some where in the middle, leaning slightly more toward superstar of your gun to the head Superstar vs Average question which to me puts him in the upper third. 

That's all I'm saying.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

Your looking at it differently then how I've been portraying it. I never claimed he was a superstar, just that his stats don't lie and his reliable ball skills put him in the upper third of all TE's who played last year.

A few here are killing the guy for not being a superstar which I think is unfair . To put it plainly, I don't think he sucks... and he's probably some where in the middle, leaning slightly more toward superstar of your gun to the head Superstar vs Average question which to me puts him in the upper third. 

That's all I'm saying.

Well said.

On 6/2/2024 at 1:26 PM, T0mShane said:

“Tyler Conklin” is the third player you listed to demonstrate how good the offense is going to be

On 6/2/2024 at 1:54 PM, slats said:

He’s underrated here.

1 hour ago, slats said:

This discussion went off the rails. It started with Conklin being described as a middle of the road starting TE. I don’t think anyone is really saying otherwise except that some want to call a mid-level starter a JAG, which I guess is your business. It also came about because Conklin and his 588.6 yards/season isn’t a terrible baseline #3 option in the passing game, while also hoping/anticipating that Williams is an 800 yard guy this year and Corley makes significant noise as well. As one of five options on any given down, he’s fine. 

I've noticed your memory, its well, very selective. 

This is how the conversation started and I simply disagreed, politely and cordially that he was underrated and said, actually I think he's overrated, which again, has played out over time in this thread.  My simple disagreement has led to numerous posters very upset w/ me for disrespecting Conklin to the point where a poster is calling out my mother, to insult me (you're a mod, right?, lol), over Tyler Conklin's JAG status.  lmfao

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Guys guys guys, you're all right. Conklin is a perfectly fine starting tight end. He's a solid blocker, a solid receiver, reliable. He is also a perfectly upgradable starting tight end. He isn't a match up nightmare, he's not a guy with an elite skill, he's never going to be somebody the other teams have to gameplan for. 

And in an Aaron Rodgers led offense which TE has that been historically - no one.  TE is not a featured position for this offense . 

• Upvote 1