Rodgers or Eli

Aarron Rodgers or Eli Manning  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Please read my post below before voting

Rodgers record was 148-75-1 66%

Eli record was 117-117 50%

Rodgers made the playoffs 11 out of 13 years. not counting the 3 years where he played 7 and 9 games and last year. 

Eli made the playoffs 6 out of 14 years. not counting 2 years where he played 7 and 4 games.

Rodgers 21 playoff games.

Eli 12 playoff games.

Rodgers 1 SB , Eli 2 SBs.

so what im asking is we all know Rodgers is way better but would you want..... 

Rodgers on the Jets wining 148 games 66% 11 playoff year and just 1 SB or....

Eli winning 50% 6 playoff years and 2 SBs?

i have never witness a Jets SB but im guessing that a SB win gets pretty old quick when your suffering 6-10 seasons the next couple of years as opposed to win 10 or more games almost every year.

i pick Rodgers and 1 SB

29 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’d like to add that without Eli the Pats  would have two  more rings and the elusive perfect season. Thank you Eli Manning thank you!

The answer is still AR8. 

As a fan, losing the perfect season is still painful.  I cannot imagine what it is like for the team.  

I wanted the Pats to win for obvious reasons and as a means to make all those old Dolphin players to STFU.  It was probably for the better.  Chowds would be unbearable if they had that as well.

I chose Rodgers.  It would be one thing if you were comparing Marino and Eli.  Ring versus no ring.  A-A-Ron has a ring.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

56 minutes ago, doitny said:

Rodgers record was 148-75-1 66%

Eli record was 117-117 50%

Rodgers made the playoffs 11 out of 13 years. not counting the 3 years where he played 7 and 9 games and last year. 

Eli made the playoffs 6 out of 14 years. not counting 2 years where he played 7 and 4 games.

Rodgers 21 playoff games.

Eli 12 playoff games.

Rodgers 1 SB , Eli 2 SBs.

so what im asking is we all know Rodgers is way better but would you want..... 

Rodgers on the Jets wining 148 games 66% 11 playoff year and just 1 SB or....

Eli winning 50% 6 playoff years and 2 SBs?

i have never witness a Jets SB but im guessing that a SB win gets pretty old quick when your suffering 6-10 seasons the next couple of years as opposed to win 10 or more games almost every year.

i pick Rodgers and 1 SB

Easy Eli manning has two rings , a Rodgers has one.      Dak Prescott is better than Eli too right.    You are judged on how many championships you win.       P mahomes was 1- 3 in Super Bowl would he be consider the best?          

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 3

I think everyone thinking clearly can recognize that Rodgers > Eli.

But that being said... the goal is to win the SB and Eli has 2 and AR has 1. What makes Eli's legacy even better was that he beat the hated by everyone Patriots both of those SBs.

Now Rodgers is still playing, so he can still get another ring or possibly 2 ;)

2 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Easy Eli manning has two rings , a Rodgers has one.    

i was waiting for this. i get that its been forever since the Jets had a SB and some would chose 2 over 1 but those 6-10 seasons he had after were pretty brutal. plus a lot less playoffs. so a 2nd SB is that important to suffer so much losing after ? 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

By your silly ass logic: Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson >>> Dan Marino

You see Shaq kill Charles Barkley all the time he never won a ring.      As great as Dan Marino was, it tarnished his reputation just like Dan Fouts never winning one.      You never saw your team win one a championship .    I saw my team win three and despite D Carr owning every record , he not even close to being the best Raider Qb.     It’s all about the rings.

16 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

You see Shaq kill Charles Barkley all the time he never won a ring.      As great as Dan Marino was, it tarnished his reputation just like Dan Fouts never winning one.      You never saw your team win one a championship .    I saw my team win three and despite D Carr owning every record , he not even close to being the best Raider Qb.     It’s all about the rings.

so Plunkett is better than Lamonica, the Snake etc?

Cmon

its funny because now I realize everytime I see a top 10 list of all time Qb's I keep forgetting that Plunkett, Griese and arguably Elway/Stauback are in that list.

22 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Ok, Boomer. This is frankly idiotic. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Easy Eli manning has two rings , a Rodgers has one.      Dak Prescott is better than Eli too right.    You are judged on how many championships you win.       P mahomes was 1- 3 in Super Bowl would he be consider the best?          

QED Trent Dilfer is better than Dan Marino 

If you can magically get the same exact results from both players through their careers, I’ll take Eli. Two Super Bowl rings, one of the few starting quarterbacks to have a winning record versus Tom Brady. And in this hypothetical Rogers would have left this jets team with one Super Bowl and would be on another team today. Rogers is clearly a better quarterback, but as a fan, we only care about Super Bowls. Give me the extra Super Bowl win and I’ll take the mediocre quarterback play all day. I’m sure if you ask players this question, they’d rather have the Rogers career, but we aren’t players.

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Bradshaw and Montana have 4 SBs but there not better than Payton who had 2.

the question was who YOU rather have as QB. you rather take Eli even though you know he is going to go 9-7. 7-9. 6-10. and 6-10 with no playoffs for 4 years after winning the SB and only half his games in his career? is that 2nd SB that important to YOU that your willing to be miserable 50% of the time cause thats what Elis record is. ?

i would take the double digit wins and playoffs almost every year from Rodgers and 1 SB. and thats not even counting the MVPs and record TD passes. i dont need that, just the wins and the playoffs every year would be fine.

you only live once pal, its not worth it to be miserable half the time during football season. i dont think that SB in 2011 will make you happy when in 2015 your suffering your 2nd 6-10 season and 4th year without a playoff. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, extmenace said:

If you can magically get the same exact results from both players through their careers, I’ll take Eli. Two Super Bowl rings, one of the few starting quarterbacks to have a winning record versus Tom Brady. And in this hypothetical Rogers would have left this jets team with one Super Bowl and would be on another team today. Rogers is clearly a better quarterback, but as a fan, we only care about Super Bowls. Give me the extra Super Bowl win and I’ll take the mediocre quarterback play all day. I’m sure if you ask players this question, they’d rather have the Rogers career, but we aren’t players.

Yoy would need the magical same results from the rest of his teammates too. So might as well ask if you would rather the Giants history or the Jets history. Eli Manning isn't winning dick if we were on the Jets instead of the Giants. To say he would have elevated us to 2 SB's would be some of the stupidest sh*t I've ever read on this board.

5 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Yoy would need the magical same results from the rest of his teammates too. So might as well ask if you would rather the Giants history or the Jets history. Eli Manning isn't winning dick if we were on the Jets instead of the Giants. To say he would have elevated us to 2 SB's would be some of the stupidest sh*t I've ever read on this board.

Yea the question wasn’t that though. You transfer their career stats and accomplishments to this team, what do you choose. This team gets their career.  I’ll take the mediocre qb and two rings. Individual awards and stats are cool, but no fan is saying who cares that we didn’t win the SB, our qb won the mvp.

• WTF? 1

Just now, extmenace said:

Yea the question wasn’t that though. You transfer their career stats and accomplishments to this team, what do you choose. This team gets their career.  I’ll take the mediocre qb and two rings. Individual awards and stats are cool, but no fan is saying who cares that we didn’t win the SB, our qb won the mvp.

Wins are a QB stat? SB rings are a QB stat? I get you don't like Rodgers but you are really going out of your way to look foolish.

Do the same scenario with Trent Dilfer and Dan Marino. If you say Dilfer because he has a super bowl ring then you are truly lost.

1 hour ago, doitny said:

because Stroud brought it up, its June and i am bored..lol

I was trying to make sense of this comparison. But now I know where it came from.

Now the spotlight turns to Stroud. What the hell was he thinking?

There are very few QB careers I’d take over Rodgers. And Eli is no where near the top of the list. He was an average QB for most of his career and had a few peaks winning a couple super bowls behind a very talented defense.

Nothing against Eli but Rodgers is a top 5 QB of all time.

Off the top, I think Brady and Mahomes (already which is wild) have better careers than Rodgers. Need to think who else. 

• Upvote 1

Well basically your question boils down to whether I’d rather have 2 super bowls or 1.  So it’s a bit of a flawed question. 

That’s where we are at though in the sports discussion.  There are many people Stroud’s age who would argue that Eli, Big Ben etc are on par or better than say Dan Marino simply because they were part of title teams and Marino wasn’t.  In my opinion it is a lazy way to look at things.  

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I was trying to make sense of this comparison. But now I know where it came from.

Now the spotlight turns to Stroud. What the hell was he thinking?

There are very few QB careers I’d take over Rodgers. And Eli is no where near the top of the list. He was an average QB for most of his career and had a few peaks winning a couple super bowls behind a very talented defense.

Nothing against Eli but Rodgers is a top 5 QB of all time.

Off the top, I think Brady and Mahomes (already which is wild) have better careers than Rodgers. Need to think who else. 

also wfan picked it up yesterday afternoon and turned it into hot take radio with one guy going with the pro Eli standpoint and the other with Rodgers. Heard it for about 3 minutes and had to turn it off - not because of their views but because it is an absurd argument.

I take nothing away from Eli in the playoffs and his throw to Manningham just might be the best/clutch throw in playoff history - certainly to 5.

The Tyree catch while it gets all the press was more on Tyree than Eli. Eli was basically sacked and in the grasp when he threw it to a spot. His head was actually turned away when he let it go.

Tyree makes that happen and 99 out of 100 it does not so now we are at Eli with 1SB which changes everything. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Rodgers, regardless of what some silly ass kid like Stroud says.

It’s not strictly about championships. Eli would essentially be Jay Cutler without those two wins over the Pats.

Rodgers is arguably a Mt. Rushmore QB

Hell, Marino never even won a Superbowl and he’s still Top 5 in my eyes.

This.  

Eli benefits from a couple of things.  One, his last name.  If he was Eli Roth, this would not be a discussion.  Two, he had the benefit of a D that held two high scoring offenses to 31 points.  Plus, he had a pretty good coach.

• Upvote 2

Eli Manning had two of the better runs that I can remember and I will forever be thankful for not allowing the Patriots 2 more Superbowls. But outside of those 2 seasons, this is a career .500 QB with 366 TDs and 244 INTs throughout his career that we are talking about here.

This really isn't even a comparison. Rodgers is 100x the QB that Eli ever was. Peyton vs. Rodgers is more of a discussion. Peyton wins IMO but Rodgers book is not finished...

• Upvote 1