The Jets will have 30 + Free Agents next off-season? Seems like a pretty high number if it's accurate.

ARodJetsFan

Stumbled across this just now:

Jets could be in a place after this season that they won’t be considered a threat to win many games because they will have 30-plus free agents after this year, a season in which they seem to be all in making a playoff push.

Eagles GM Howie Roseman Got It Right With Haason Reddick (si.com)

• ARodJetsFan changed the title to The Jets will have 30 + Free Agents next off-season? Seems like a pretty high number if it's accurate.

The biggest ones:

Haason Reddick

Tyron Smith

DJ Reed

Michael Carter II

Morgan Moses

Mike Williams

Ashtyn Davis

Chuck Clark

Tony Adams

Jamien Sherwood

Tyler Conklin

Javon Kinlaw

A lot of the above were guys signed on to 1-year deals in the first place and we’d look to replace some of them in the draft.  Mike Williams in particular among the biggest names.

My guess is we let at least one of the CBs go - probably Reed.  Safety will be in flux but what else is new.  

How Fashanu looks will be huge so we maybe don’t have to invest a ton at OT for at least one offseason.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

If you look around the league, I don’t think this is unusual. It’s not just Joe Douglas signing guys to these one year deals, nowadays it seems like just a handful of free agents get three or more years while everyone else is playing musical chairs for one year roster spots. Outside of Smith, Williams, and Moses, I don’t think there are any critical core players in line to walk from the Jets, and they have OTs in the pipeline. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, slats said:

If you look around the league, I don’t think this is unusual. It’s not just Joe Douglas signing guys to these one year deals, nowadays it seems like just a handful of free agents get three or more years while everyone else is playing musical chairs for one year roster spots. Outside of Smith, Williams, and Moses, I don’t think there are any critical core players in line to walk from the Jets, and they have OTs in the pipeline. 

I think we will be the worst team in the NFL in 2026

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, slats said:

I believe one of those 3 will be resigned, along with MCII and possibly Sherwood.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The biggest ones:

Haason Reddick

Tyron Smith

DJ Reed

Michael Carter II

Morgan Moses

Mike Williams

Ashtyn Davis

Chuck Clark

Tony Adams

Jamien Sherwood

Tyler Conklin

Javon Kinlaw

A lot of the above were guys signed on to 1-year deals in the first place and we’d look to replace some of them in the draft.  Mike Williams in particular among the biggest names.

My guess is we let at least one of the CBs go - probably Reed.  Safety will be in flux but what else is new.  

How Fashanu looks will be huge so we maybe don’t have to invest a ton at OT for at least one offseason.  

IF Fashuna and McDonald are legit that will solve a lot of our issues. Can re-sign Moses, Carter and maybe work something out with Williams. Draft or sign a vet CB2. Maybe finally invest some mid round picks on S and DT 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It sort of is.

As per usual, we will be bad enough for the season to be over by mid October but not bad enough to actually earn the worst record and secure the #1 overall pick

The Jets have been the worst team in the league a few times the last 13 years. The real charm behind all of that is that they were so bad each time that they even ****ed up being the worst team in the league.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Jets have been the worst team in the league a few times the last 13 years. The real charm behind all of that is that they were so bad each time that they even ****ed up being the worst team in the league.

Somehow not getting the number 1 overall pick in 2020 is still the most JETSY thing we've ever done. Having the Jags win week 1 that year only to lose 15 straight games was just terrible SOJ luck times a million. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The biggest ones:

Haason Reddick

Tyron Smith

DJ Reed

Michael Carter II

Morgan Moses

Mike Williams

Ashtyn Davis

Chuck Clark

Tony Adams

Jamien Sherwood

Tyler Conklin

Javon Kinlaw

If we don't resign them that would be a hell of a lot of comp picks.  And a bunch of these guys will get good money so the comp picks wont be 6 and 7 rders

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The biggest ones:

Haason Reddick

Tyron Smith

DJ Reed

Michael Carter II

Morgan Moses

Mike Williams

Ashtyn Davis

Chuck Clark

Tony Adams

Jamien Sherwood

Tyler Conklin

Javon Kinlaw

Looking at this list, Reddick could get extended if he wants to be here.  If not we ll have McDonald in year 3.

Mike Williams may be replaced by Corly, at least in part.  

Hopefully Fashanu replaces Tyron Smith and Carter is able to replace Moses.

The safeties aren't highly paid and can be either resigned or replaced.  Tony Adams has only been here 2 yrs so Id guess he is still under contract.  Same for Sherwood, he wouldnt be a big ticket re signing.

As far as CB Id guess they resign Michael Carter, and let Stiggers try to replace DJ Reed.

If they don’t resign Conklin, they already have 3 TEs and can draft or sign another if necessary.

We drafted 2 more RBs in case we have any issues with Breece.

Bottom line we have a pipeline of talent already on the team at the key positions that could get elevated with some departures.  Joe Douglas has a forward looking plan. 

• Upvote 2

This is not anything to lose sleep over. It's pretty much inevitable that the team will need a hard reset at the end of the Rodgers experiment. If the team has a good 2024 season, Douglas will likely be able to sign most of the free agents they want back to the team. If this is a lousy season, there's no reason to re-sign expensive players. 

There is always heartache at the end of a team making a win-now play. It's ok as long as there was a real payoff to precede the heartache.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

This is not anything to lose sleep over. It's pretty much inevitable that the team will need a hard reset at the end of the Rodgers experiment. If the team has a good 2024 season, Douglas will likely be able to sign most of the free agents they want back to the team. If this is a lousy season, there's no reason to re-sign expensive players. 

There is always heartache at the end of a team making a win-now play. It's ok as long as there was a real payoff to precede the heartache.

If it's a lousy season, it won't be the problem of Douglas or Saleh.

11 hours ago, Lith said:

Per Spotrac, we have 26 Unrestricted Free Agents.  Which is about average around the league.  Just looking at our Division, Pats have 26 UFAs.  Miami has 29 UFAs and Buffalo has 25.

It is just a sign of today's NFL.  Players are mobile, rosters turn over a lot.  

Great info, thanks for sharing @Lith

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Somehow not getting the number 1 overall pick in 2020 is still the most JETSY thing we've ever done. Having the Jags win week 1 that year only to lose 15 straight games was just terrible SOJ luck times a million. 

We’re still doing this? I’m over it.

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The biggest ones:

Haason Reddick

Tyron Smith

DJ Reed

Michael Carter II

Morgan Moses

Mike Williams

Ashtyn Davis

Chuck Clark

Tony Adams

Jamien Sherwood

Tyler Conklin

Javon Kinlaw

Moses and Smith will both be gone next season.  Olu to replace Smith, and Warren at right tackle.  Sherwood- no big loss.  Conklin will be gone as well, since we have 3 tight ends that we are developing. Reed and Adams should be resgined.  How will Clark, Mike Williams and Kinlaw play this year?  Ashtyn will most likely be gone, unless he really ups his game this year. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Kirk Kousins will be younger than Aaron still ... Maybe this is a new norm.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Jets M.O.  Pretty standard

Bring in Vet Qb and overspend on bad contract ----then-  Fire GM/HC, cut/trade your good players, full rebuild, draft rookie QB to start....

Next year this is exactly what's going to happen.