Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

5 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

We have at least 2 more years but I think we get it done this year and Rodgers goes one more to see if he can get us beleaguered Jets fans back to back championships!

I honestly hope I'm wrong about Rodgers and he can carry us this year.   I do like the talent on this team.  A lot has to go right to win a championship (like any other team) but the Jets do have the roster to compete at that level this year.

Rodgers is the key.  

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I honestly hope I'm wrong about Rodgers and he can carry us this year.   I do like the talent on this team.  A lot has to go right to win a championship (like any other team) but the Jets do have the roster to compete at that level this year.

Rodgers is the key.  

He doesn’t really need to carry us. He just needs to be a functional piece of the offense. The team won 7 games last year with the worst qb play in the league. He just needs to be solid and this team will go. Anything above solid and we got a chance to make some noise late in the season.

• Upvote 2

Costello's report is conflicting with prior reports. I'm not saying he's wrong, since I wouldn't know for sure, but I suspect he is. Forcing Reddick to play in games before negotiating, when he has no guaranteed salary, would be in bad faith. 
Also, while you're right that the players wouldn't favor management over a fellow player getting paid, THEY don't live in fantasy land either. They know the Jets don't have salary cap space for a huge raise right now. Nonetheless, sometimes players will campaign for their teammates to get the contract they want, but other Jets haven't yet. The optics could be worse.

Players don’t count other players money. None of them give a sh*t.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

We're all in this year.  One shot at a Super Bowl.  If you can grab a high end pass rusher you do.

But you also don't need to trade picks for a guy that wants a new contract you're unwilling to give him.

We already had that guy and we didn't need to give up any picks. His name is Bryce Huff

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • More Ugh 1

17 hours ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Costello's report is conflicting with prior reports. I'm not saying he's wrong, since I wouldn't know for sure, but I suspect he is. Forcing Reddick to play in games before negotiating, when he has no guaranteed salary, would be in bad faith. 

Also, while you're right that the players wouldn't favor management over a fellow player getting paid, THEY don't live in fantasy land either. They know the Jets don't have salary cap space for a huge raise right now. Nonetheless, sometimes players will campaign for their teammates to get the contract they want, but other Jets haven't yet. The optics could be worse.

Big thing is is he’s not a teammate. He has t even been to our facility to workout with the guys. Our players have 0 loyalty to him. It’s not like he’s MC2 looking for a new deal and he has a whole locker room wanting him to get the money he’s earned. Reddick hasn’t been in our locker room.

So no I don’t think he has the support of him teammates. Because our players aren’t his teammates. His Philly buddies are maybe hoping he gets paid. That’s it.

• Upvote 4

Big thing is is he’s not a teammate. He has t even been to our facility to workout with the guys. Our players have 0 loyalty to him. It’s not like he’s MC2 looking for a new deal and he has a whole locker room wanting him to get the money he’s earned. Reddick hasn’t been in our locker room.

So no I don’t think he has the support of him teammates. Because our players aren’t his teammates. His Philly buddies are maybe hoping he gets paid. That’s it.

All players want to see other players get paid

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

On 8/11/2024 at 5:45 AM, Bobby816 said:

That's what I'm saying. If he had come into camp the other players might be talking more about this to the media, but as it stands he really doesn't have the support of teammates right now.

• ARodJetsFan changed the title to The Bleacher Report says Hasaan Reddick is requesting a trade;
24 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Can't help but wonder if this spills into the regular season.

Maybe not;

Bleacher Reports Jordan Schultz reports Jets EDGE Haason Reddick has informed the team he wants to be traded.

4m ago

Source: Jordan Schultz

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/player-news?playerNewsId=00000191-47de-dcc7-a1b7-c7de710b0000

This is absolutely on Joe Douglas. 

You already had a young pass rusher who is ascending and already really really good.

You literally developed him

You randomly let him go in fa

You then trade for another older pass rusher and give up assets 

You then try to get cheap with said older pass rusher 

Absolutely ridiculous and cringe gm L here. Total incompetent chess move. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thumb Down 11
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

• slats changed the title to Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade