Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

What a mess. Now we got Joey D playing to the LCD crowd.

Joe Douglas, who hasn’t been seen since the challenger explosion, now in the business of writing sternly written tweets. I’m sure CAA is trembling. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Issuing a statement on social media seems amateurish 

Indeed.  Especially if it's a response to an issue that wasn't posted on social media in the first place. Has Reddick been making his demands/requests on social media?    If not, then the Jets should definitely not do so.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I mean I agree, he didn't want to be here so that's a moot point. We should have traded him during the season. I doubt it was a surprise to the team he wasn't going to sign again.

And if the reason we didn't trade him is because Douglas thought Zach Wilson was gonna take this team into the playoffs then lol

They had no idea what the market for a small pass rusher would be.   I think if it was 10-12 mill a year they might have ponied up.

Also Huff got a bunch of his sacks in the second half of the year after the trade dead line.  He wasnt as attractive a trade asset in the first half of the year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

The Jets don't look great here, but there is a reason Hasson Reddick is on his 4th team in 5 years.  He's a pain in the ass clearly in it for himself.  Not a team guy.

The Jets are not going to trade Reddick unless they receive a formidable offer, which is not likely to happen at this stage.  Time to show up and play, Haason.  You are likely playing for your final substantial contract.  You have no leverage, and the Jets are not going to cave.  They have already offered what they are willing to offer.

For those crying about the trade, the Jets gave up essentially nothing.  A third rounder three drafts from when the trade was made.  Peanuts.

Why would the Jets want a not a team guy on their team?   They should trade him to a team that puts a premium on selfish players.  Win/win.

35 minutes ago, Testaverde9819 said:

He just going to show up and say his back hurts. Then the NFL pa gets involved in this mess Joe created for literally no reason 

At this point, if he shows up they are going to have him stand around and do nothing until the contract situation is resolved so that can confidently say that his “back pain” will have had to have come from an outside the facility workout so his grievance burns up like a piece of tissue paper.

I do not believe Reddick will play a single down of football this year.  The Jets aren’t opening themselves up to grievance claim, he, as well as his agent, have shown that they are manipulative, and he is not going to play football unless he has a new contract. 

• Sympathy 1

I like the JD statement.  Eliminate the gossip and send the message that you're not gonna play games with him. 

At this point he either shows up or he doesn't.  

We're still winning the AFCE with or without him. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, Dcat said:

"disaster"

LOL.  Hardly.  Bad look?  Sure.  We still don't know whether or not Reddick went back on his word, do we?  You make your overexaggerated point by relying on an unsupported assumption.  Now, that's a bad look as well.

It's literally a disaster 

We lost Huff

We might lose Reddick 

We lost a 3rd

We drafted McDonald with a 1 who isn't better than Reddick or Huff. 

It's literally the definition of gm disaster 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Indeed.  Especially if it's a response to an issue that wasn't posted on social media in the first place. Has Reddick been making his demands/requests on social media?    If not, then the Jets should definitely not do so.

Who do you thinks been releasing all the information to reporters to begin with.  It’s not the Jets, I’m pretty sure.  So if the player and his reputation want to use their media sources to paint the picture a certain way, what’s wrong with issuing a statement that can’t be misconstrued?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Trading him at a loss doesn't help us either.

Something > Nothing + Drama

And you've got a bunch of young guys who are about to be up for contract watching very closely.

Please tell me you're not naive enough to think their agents won't ask for the max and play hardball regardless of the outcome of this situation.

Caving to ridiculous demands from a dishonest guy with no leverage will only embolden the agents of guys who have actually been drafted by and have made big contributions to the team.

Lol, you ARE that naive.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

This ball is in the Jets court now & they are squarely in the driver's seat;

Reddick has ZERO leverage here.

All he can do is sit out the season in protest, which would means he'd lose a year's salary & his value on the free agent market would take a huge hit.

True. But I’m starting to think he doesn’t care

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

What a mess. Now we got Joey D playing to the LCD crowd.

Agreed.  Never should have utilized social media.  Have some balls and say it in person in a presser.  Oh... I forgot... JD doesn't do pressers...   in fact, JD never even attempts to communicate with Jets fans. (Other than threatening them with pretzels.)

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Testaverde9819 said:

We lost Huff

We might lose Reddick 

We lost a 3rd

I think the biggest mistake was trading JFM before finishing a deal with Reddick. It was reported that Reddick saw that as leverage and changed his tune at that point.

Players have been traded after agreeing to terms before, but before signing. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Testaverde9819 said:

We lost Huff

We might lose Reddick 

We lost a 3rd

Jesus.   You sound like my wife with your histrionics, except that youre worse.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Warfish said:

Something > Nothing + Drama

Please tell me you're not naive enough to think their agents won't ask for the max and play hardball regardless of the outcome of this situation.

Lol, you ARE that naive.  

Of course they're going to play hardball. I think you're the naive one if you don't think they're paying attention to this.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Testaverde9819 said:

We lost Huff

We might lose Reddick 

We lost a 3rd

McDonald is just as good as Reddick was his first year.  Reddick was straight up trash his first couple of years.

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I think the biggest mistake was trading JFM before finishing a deal with Reddick. It was reported that Reddick saw that as leverage and changed his tune at that point.

Agree.  Franklin Myers was a beast

A little bit of blame all around here. In the end, our team is not as good as it would have been with Reddick. Play the blame game all you want, it really doesn’t matter. We are a weaker team without him. Hopefully some of the young guys come through. I am confident in the coaching staff to find some pass rushers.

This sucks but not the end of the world. Saying it’s embarrassing to the GM, is ignorant, because we will need to have known every word and agreement that was said between the two parties, when the trade was made. And I don’t think we will ever truly know. I don’t believe Douglas would have traded for the guy if he didn’t think he was going to play. As dumb as some of you think he is.  

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, Testaverde9819 said:

This is absolutely on Joe Douglas. 

You already had a young pass rusher who is ascending and already really really good.

You literally developed him

You randomly let him go in fa

You then trade for another older pass rusher and give up assets 

You then try to get cheap with said older pass rusher 

Absolutely ridiculous and cringe gm L here. Total incompetent chess move. 

The mistake was hitting Huff with the 2nd round tender in early '23 - Once we did that his days were numbered here. Huff was not willing to sign a contract with us after that without testing the market. The Jets did not get cheap with Reddick, they told him he's playing on his current deal that he signed and that we'd revisit guarantees once he's at camp.

I'd let him rot and allow the contract to toll.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

This ball is in the Jets court now & they are squarely in the driver's seat;

Reddick has ZERO leverage here.

All he can do is sit out the season in protest, which would means he'd lose a year's salary & his value on the free agent market would take a huge hit.

ARod have you checked your messages lately? I sent you a new one the other day

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Willy McD better be what you guys keep saying he is, or the JD guys here are gonna be whistling another tune about him, JD and Reddick come mid October.

John Lewis Lol GIF by Waitrose & Partners

Thank you!

JD keeps making bone headed plays. 

WHY TRADE FOR A GUY WHO WANTED A SALARY INCREASE AND WHO IS BEING PAID HALF OF WHAT HE IS WORTH IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO PAY HIM!!!

And no he didn’t say I will pay for the amount he was scheduled to make. That is a atupid thing to even suggest!

What a joke!!

Good Grief!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

That's on Joe not understanding checkers, let alone chess. If it's this incompetent, well.... I'm just going to leave it alone 

Everything is fine guys

This Is Fine GIF

46 minutes ago, Testaverde9819 said:

This is absolutely on Joe Douglas. 

You already had a young pass rusher who is ascending and already really really good.

You literally developed him

You randomly let him go in fa

You then trade for another older pass rusher and give up assets 

You then try to get cheap with said older pass rusher 

Absolutely ridiculous and cringe gm L here. Total incompetent chess move. 

HUFF didn't want to be here!!!! he wanted to start and play more than 15% of the snaps what part aren't you getting? While having Huff would have been nice, he wanted to play 3 downs a game not 10-15 a game it ridiculous now at this point.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ghost said:

Let him rot. He will cave in. He has zero ******* leverage. 

Cave to what? He’s not playing without a new deal. The Jets either knew this or did it anyways, or Douglas thought he had more time left on his contract. 

• Upvote 1

• slats changed the title to Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade