Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Youd think the Jets would have gotten something in writing outside of just inheriting the contract he doesn’t  want to play in before making a trade like this. 

You think he should have signed a piece of paper saying he wouldn’t hold out, that he’d agree to come to camp under terms he had no assurance of that wasn’t negotiated?  
You know a new deal that he should have accepted when none was negotiated or agreed on by either side.  That piece of paper?  

LOL 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You think he should have signed a piece of paper saying he wouldn’t hold out, that he’d agree to come to camp under terms he had no assurance of that wasn’t negotiated?  
You know a new deal that he should have accepted when none was negotiated or agreed on by either side.  That piece of paper?  

LOL 

^ paid for shill

• Thumb Down 2

15 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

You just know Matt was up all night refreshing twitter waiting for the news to officially drop.

Dude had Schefter's tweet posted one minute after it went live.  

No feeling better in this world for some Jets fans then to be the "first" to post bad news.

This has been a topic all offseason. I promise you I won’t lose any sleep :)

1 hour ago, JohnnyLV said:

Was a stupid trade in general. You reap what you sow. Saleh was behind this and he is an idiot.

Wow did the crystal ball tell you this? I have a feeling that there was a verbal agreement, and the player reneged on that agreement.

Which is fine but be a man and speak how you feel. These players nowadays have no Integrity or Character.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

^ paid for shill

One more time, you expected a piece of paper with a new deal on it?  
Why could they agree on a quick note instead of an actual deal?
That makes me a shill?  Your new go to when your ridiculousness is questioned?  

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Larz said:

Sucks that the jets don’t have a young edge player trying to break into the starting lineup that could seize the opportunity to get Reddick’s reps. 

damn 

God, I miss Huff but what's done is done. We cannot look back at the what ifs. I just hope there is a plan. 

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Since when do players give a damn about the team fan base?  At a minimum, the dude wants his 2024 $$$ guaranteed if not a new contract.  This will get resolved with JD guaranteeing him.  I have no idea how long it will take, but it will happen.

I agree. Just the whole situation was weird. We let Huff walk to not pay him. The trade a 3rd to get Reddick who we know wnats a reworked deal. We do nothing in3 months to do that. He's not budging. Not sure what the end result will be. We know there's a 99.9% he reports. But you dont like guys not practicing with the team. Especially new players.

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

? You should be asking Douglas this. 

I agree with you JD has done some questionable things since he has been here, but I believe that when you have a written contract you should honor it. Maybe I'm a romantic in the sense that people are the same they were 30 years ago and were loyal to their words. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Testaverde9819 said:

I don't care about this until week 1.  McDonald and Johnson need the first team reps in camp regardless

You have a thirty year old player who misses a lot of camp.   The chances of him pulling something or getting injured goes way up.   You fully guarantee his contract, and he gets hurt.    How is that not something to worry about.    

• WTF? 1

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Way to win over a fan base for a team you haven't even played for yet. You've done 0 for us.

You think he cares about fans?  Lol, come on man.  Be serious.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

I agree with you JD has done some questionable things since he has been here, but I believe that when you have a written contract you should honor it. Maybe I'm a romantic in the sense that people are the same they were 30 years ago and were loyal to their words. 

Sure. But that’s not how the league works, especially guys who are on their final year. I’ve never seen a team trade for a holdout without having a plan. 

• Upvote 1

• slats changed the title to Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade