Non Jets training camp news around the league.....

Just now, IndianaJet said:

I'm no offensive genius.  But I'm pretty sure every team has multiple plays where a back leaks out to the flat as the check down. 

Just because it's Bowers running this fairly standard route does not make it "nasty"  

27 minutes ago, Barton said:

Olu should be good long term, maybe even great, but on a win now team i probably would have taken Bowers over him + signed Baktiari as an insurance policy at tackle. JMO. 

if we do that we draft a kid who will be less needed and under utilized over a ot that will likely be needed as a starter. We also would INCREASE our overall injury risk for someone who didnt want to play on turf and may not want to be a back up anyway. 

We did the right thing. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

I'm no offensive genius.  But I'm pretty sure every team has multiple plays where a back leaks out to the flat as the check down. 

Just because it's Bowers running this fairly standard route does not make it "nasty"  

His size is what makes it nasty.  No team has a player of his size/speed ratio doing it.

I may yet be vindicated regarding my anti-Anthony Richardson take. Dude throws the ball like it’s a shot-put. Heard the Athletic Pod guys—who LOVED Richardson—talking about how inaccurate he was last year. Comes out in this game and his first two passes were so off-target it was hard to discern who he was throwing to

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Nix looks better than capable of starting. Wilson isn’t making this Broncos team. 

I'm not sure if Wilson is in competition with Nix. From my understanding, the decision to carry 2 or 3 QB's will determine Wilson's fate. The battle for the starting job is between Nix and Stidham. The loser will be #3. Wilson is #3 or cut.

• Upvote 2

I had no clue,” Hobbs said of how fast Bowers is during his July 29 media availability. “Usually, I can get on a tight end and I can let off. Jog a little bit and turn it on. But with him, you gotta be locked in because he’s different. He’s a physical specimen.”

lol does this moron not know he didn’t run the 40 at the combine?

21 hours ago, bicketybam said:

The loser will be #3. Wilson is #3 or cut.

I would have never guessed he'd end up being THIS bad of a pro QB. 

He turned out to be considerably worse than Darnold. 

I'd love to go back in time and watch SF trade up to #2 for him. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I may yet be vindicated regarding my anti-Anthony Richardson take. Dude throws the ball like it’s a shot-put. Heard the Athletic Pod guys—who LOVED Richardson—talking about how inaccurate he was last year. Comes out in this game and his first two passes were so off-target it was hard to discern who he was throwing to

Yeah, I do not understand all the hype behind him.

Physical freak?  Yup.  Accurate?  Nope.  Now, if he was his size and at least as accurate as Lamar was coming out that would be one thing.  Even then Lamar was not very accurate.  Richardson was less accurate on a far smaller sample.

22 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Nix looks better than capable of starting. Wilson isn’t making this Broncos team. 

Your odds are worsening every day that you do not put some cheese on Bo Nix to win Rookie of the Year.  Do not wait another minute and thank your Uncle Joe W later.

23 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Hard to extrapolate much from 6 minutes of play after a year of no action at all. It would have been just as weird if he came out throwing like Dizzy Flores.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Your odds are worsening every day that you do not put some cheese on Bo Nix to win Rookie of the Year.  Do not wait another minute and thank your Uncle Joe W later.

Rookie QBs always overproduce in preseason. Likely Nabers' award to lose this year. Harrison should be the favorite but who tf knows what's going on with that guy.

10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Rookie QBs always overproduce in preseason. Likely Nabers' award to lose this year. Harrison should be the favorite but who tf knows what's going on with that guy.

A qb has a huge advantage over a receiver in winning any award.  And with the Giants qbs, theres no chance nabors is winning it.

On 8/10/2024 at 8:30 PM, Mogglez said:

I’m not one to respond to sh*t talk from other fans, but you reeeeeeeeeeeally need to learn the saying "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones” because the fact that you come here to roast the Jets, as well as Jets fans on a Jets message board to pump up the Raiders year in and year out is just obnoxious.  You have the audacity to call us delusional, yet there isn’t a single fan here that thinks the Jets haven’t sucked since 2010 or who would ever post the way you do about the Raiders, in regard to the Jets.  For crying out loud, even when there is a single positive post here, it’s basically made with bated breath and cautious optimism, Rodgers and all.

What are you talking about the guys who will make the roster the Raiders ran away with the game 20-7 at half.  They are missing their starting left side of offense line .   So when they got to the bottom of the roster - done of those guys are making the 53 man the Vikings won the game in second half.     Big deal .      Both guys competing for the starting qb job looked great.      

• Thumb Down 1

On 8/10/2024 at 8:09 PM, Dcat said:

good point.  I see the Raiders as a 7 win team max. Don't trust QBs there.  RB room consists of Zeus, Mattison, Abdullah and the small rookie for returns.  Excuse me, but yuk. 

Dylan Laube going to be serious weapon out of the backfield.   Just when he played what they had out there on the offense line nobody was going to look good .    They have their nine offense lineman already - just when both starting Lt Kolton Miller and rookie Jackson powers Johnson are still out.    The offense line lacking the depth they normal would have.     Raider gave all their players one series of play- it’s all about getting them ready to go when the season starts.       The offense with out their starting left side of the offense line , and their top wr D Adams moved on will the whole first half.     The defense is no worries what so ever .   It’s going to be one better defenses in the league.

On 8/11/2024 at 11:04 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

His size is what makes it nasty.  No team has a player of his size/speed ratio doing it.

What are you going for here?  He's listed at 6'3"/6'4" 230lb. give or take a bit with a 40-time of 4.53.  

Kyle Pitts is bigger and faster for one.

Sam LaPorta is 6'3" 245 lb. and ran a 4.59.  Trey McBride is right there in size and ran a 4.56.

Bowers was very productive but he's not some unique athletic freak.  

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

What are you going for here?  He's listed at 6'3"/6'4" 230lb. give or take a bit with a 40-time of 4.53.  

Sam LaPorta is 6'3" 245 lb. and ran a 4.59.  Trey McBride is right there in size and ran a 4.56.

And these players are all lining up out wide, in the slot, at tight end and running back?

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Even if he was the physical freak,  Vernon Davis and Kyle Pitts were even moreso of one and they were/are both nice players but not the generational nonsense the media pushes. 

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It was really cute of you to remove the quoted posts from mine, but these were YOUR words when discussing the Raiders defense:

IMG_8544.thumb.jpeg.f67240ea05cdeef161afb0a64e37f998.jpeg

So which is it - “this defense is so deep you will see when they dominate all first, second, and third stringers of other teams” in the preseason or is it “who cares, the first stringers looked good?”

You can’t have it both ways.

Yes he can, because he kinda crazy. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Even if he was the physical freak,  Vernon Davis and Kyle Pitts were even moreso of one and they were/are both nice players but not the generational nonsense the media pushes. 

Someone with bowers size/speed ratio coming out of the backfield is different.  Who else his size is lining up at 4 different positions in like 10 plays?

That is real tough to gameplan against.

On 8/11/2024 at 1:15 PM, T0mShane said:

I was vehemently anti-Richardson based on what I saw from him in college but he looked good in limited action last year. If he can't stay healthy when he runs everything that makes him special evaporates quickly though. He's one of the players I'm most curious to see this year.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Someone with bowers size/speed ratio coming out of the backfield is different.  Who else his size is lining up at 4 different positions in like 10 plays?

Let this one go, Joe.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39092283/how-falcons-positionless-attitude-affect-kyle-pitts-future

This season, Pitts has played 265 snaps in the slot, 134 snaps at tight end and 158 snaps outside at receiver. In his career, Pitts has played 709 snaps in the slot, 557 as a tight end and 482 as a receiver.

Bowers is literally Pitts 2.0.

• Upvote 1

On 8/11/2024 at 11:15 AM, T0mShane said:

He was so over hyped in his draft year it was laughable.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Let this one go, Joe.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39092283/how-falcons-positionless-attitude-affect-kyle-pitts-future

This season, Pitts has played 265 snaps in the slot, 134 snaps at tight end and 158 snaps outside at receiver. In his career, Pitts has played 709 snaps in the slot, 557 as a tight end and 482 as a receiver.

Bowers is literally Pitts 2.0.

When is pitts lining up as running back?

On 8/11/2024 at 9:17 AM, Barton said:

Olu should be good long term, maybe even great, but on a win now team i probably would have taken Bowers over him + signed Baktiari as an insurance policy at tackle. JMO. 

Dare I say Breece has more receiving yards and TD's this year than Bowers?  Shoot, even Conklin will likely compete with him IMO.  I really think as a whole this fanbase underrates him.

31 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Dylan Laube going to be serious weapon out of the backfield.   Just when he played what they had out there on the offense line nobody was going to look good .    They have their nine offense lineman already - just when both starting Lt Kolton Miller and rookie Jackson powers Johnson are still out.    The offense line lacking the depth they normal would have.     Raider gave all their players one series of play- it’s all about getting them ready to go when the season starts.       The offense with out their starting left side of the offense line , and their top wr D Adams moved on will the whole first half.     The defense is no worries what so ever .   It’s going to be one better defenses in the league.

He is going to be good because you have no other running backs and the raiders are going to be selling adams as soon as Dak signs an extension... 

So there isn't anyone else to throw to other than Bowers and a few cast off wrs

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Deebo? He's no Deebo.