Most of the Media are Absolute Idiots

19 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

This whole thing is about looking forward yet here you are constantly looking back ....yeah yeah I know we have been dysfunctional at many levels but I do not see that at all with this current regime. Unless of course you believe everything the half asseed media spits out on a daily basis. At some point fans need to have some optimism or whats the point of being a fan at all. If you get dealt a bad hand like we did last year not only losing Rodgers but dealing with a ridiulous amount of injuries not much you can do about that its just the nature of things and in that regard we have not had much luck either but even then i try to look forward with a positive outlook .

Did Douglas make a few mistakes yes obviously but every GM does at some point and I personally think his hands were tied with getting another QB in here last year so maybe a dysfunctional owner ? Maybe Not . Either way this team is obviously heading in the right direction now from the real dysfunction that was the 20 years Prior minus 2009 and 10 and even that was bad when Tanny refused to get some real WR talent in here and kept bringing in Malcontents to work with a young QB who at first did show some promise. he was certainlty a better QB than what we brought in here after

Reporters report on stuff that happened not stuff that might happen.  Stuff that might happen is reported on by Science fiction writers.  

18 hours ago, Warfish said:

He didn’t do anything any other #1 franchise QB didn’t do.

Where he varied was skipping mandatory. The only non holdout QB to do so.

That’s why he’s a Jet.  Because he can.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Far and away, the two reporters most mentioned on this website are Daily News Era Cimini and Manish Mehta. Plenty of beat guys who cover the Jets straight up, but nobody ever brings that content in here. 

Mehta is the only guy who actually was what folks on this website like to claim the media are. And once he was exposed he was never heard from again.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Mehta is the only guy who actually was what folks on this website like to claim the media are. And once he was exposed he was never heard from again.

They are big mad at Russini but cannot refute a single thing Russini reported. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If you’re giving Douglas the benefit of the doubt, you have to acknowledge that it’s 100% based on faith and vibes because he’s produced literally no demonstrated success as the leader of the org. I get the argument that Rodgers would have, and will, tie the room together, but remember that it was Douglas’ bungling that put a 40 year old QB behind an injured Duane Brown who tried to cut block an NFL EDGE at the behest of a notoriously bad OL coach in an offense designed by a famously inept OC and that QB got hurt because he blew off the initial read in an attempt to make a highlight throw, which he’s allowed to do because there’s zero accountability from on high, especially for the 40 year old QB who had zero market on the trade front but was given the keys to castle as a precondition of him deigning to play here. And that’s before you get to the handling of Zach Wilson. 

I have no argument 

read this about 4 times trying to come up with one but you use some pretty big words rhat are above my vocabulary 

• Haha 1

On 7/26/2024 at 5:34 PM, Smashmouth said:

If they were doing their own show i would agree 100% but this was a press conference and thats a little different if this was the Imbecile Skip Bayless well then that's another story :)

So here is the the guy who asks the right questions (once you get past his opening): 

• Upvote 2

No real drama, so they have to invent some. If Rodgers tomorrow morning says he needs 2 or 3 days off, he's the defacto GM anyway. Won't happen off the Egypt thing, but really, as long as he's healthy, he is the OC and he knows what he's doing. It's unusual, but in for a penny, in for a pound and the Jets signed up for this. 

Barring injuries, there isn't much substantive to write about until the last preseason game and cut downs. NFL has made summer a pretty empty time by design. Would guess spare a few open roster spots at the fringe and an odd cut of another team the Jets may sign, roster has been mostly set since the draft. And even there, it's a bigger roster and a practice squad, things that are relatively new. 

On 7/26/2024 at 12:51 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

You seem like a normal guy, probably like to go out to a local for a couple of beers. I bet you have a couple of buddies you occasionally hang out with to drink a beer with. I bet at least one of them is a bit of a knucklehead... lets say his name is... "Jimmy". You've known Jimmy for a while, and he's a great guy, but can be a bit of a headache from time to time, the kind of guy that "forgets his wallet" at the bar once in a while. Let's say one night you and the boyo's meet up at the bar to watch a Nats game and have a couple, maybe throw in a Wing platter. When the game ends and everyone is cashing out, Jimmy does his usual, "Aw, gosh, man... I forgot my damn wallet again...". You chuckle and sigh and say, "alright, you friggen deadbeat, I got ya... again". Whatever. You don't care, because it's like $25 bucks and Jimmy is a good guy. He helped you move and that time you ran outta' gas, he picked you up for work. Right? 

But one table over is some total A-Hole that likes to get into other people's business. We'll call him... Kyle. Kyle is tightly wound and gets into other people's sh*t, even strangers, for no reason. And Kyle is OFFENDED that some deadbeat is stiffing his friends. He starts to give you sh*t about Jimmy, "Why are you covering that loser?" "People should pay for their own sh*t... what a charity case". He is strangely involved and offended by something trivial that he has nothing really to do with, and that the people directly involved in don't really even care about. As you walk out, laughing at the weirdo stranger from the next table and planning your next meetup - and giving Jimmy some usual light ball breaking, Kyle is still frothing at the mouth and mumbling about "losers and deadbeats".

You are being Kyle. Don't be Kyle. 

Am I a bad person because i think the spongy deadbeat is the bad guy in this tale? "Oh, forgot my wallet again, ha ha. Well, ya know, sorry guys, I'll get you next time!" . And it never happens. In an age of Venmo and Zelle, people like that should be pariahs. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

The media is a trailing, not a leading indicator. Best/only way to flip the script is to stop sucking at football.

Yeah that elusive winning season thing, till they slay rust dragon they simply don’t get the Armor. Let the media buzzards tear the flesh from their bones!!!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah that elusive winning season thing, no matter how good things seem now in osier,  I’m still wary as well. 

9.5 wins seems rich for the o/u. I'd feel better at 8.5.

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

9.5 wins seems rich for the o/u. I'd feel better at 8.5.

Then you should bet the under! 

I think the line is perfect. If there are injuries then the under looks great. If this team stays healthy, then the over is a lock. It's really a coin flip and that's what Vegas strives for.

• Upvote 1

Just now, bicketybam said:

Then you should bet the under! 

I think the line is perfect. If there are injuries then the under looks great. If this team stays healthy, then the over is a lock. It's really a coin flip and that's what Vegas strives for.

Brother, betting against the Jets put my oldest through private school

• Haha 2

On 7/27/2024 at 10:20 PM, LIJetsFan said:

So here is the the guy who asks the right questions (once you get past his opening): 

Most x NFL players usually do ask the right questions much better than the douche bags who never played a sport in their lives yet report on them, thats why you get soap opera questions.

Baldinger is very good at what he does

• Upvote 1

On 7/27/2024 at 6:41 AM, Biggs said:

Reporters report on stuff that happened not stuff that might happen.  Stuff that might happen is reported on by Science fiction writers.  

You might want to tell that to pretty much every media establishment on earth, especially during a Presidential run.  Because they're all doing A LOT of reporting on "stuff that might happen".

20 hours ago, Lith said:

This is a couple of days old, not sure if already posted, but I had not seen it before.  Seems to fit well in this thread.

Definitely a sign of a player focused in on the upcoming season.  

Here is some advice JJ: stop reading the media, and focus on your work.

What's next, you gonna post here at JN if one of us say you under perform your draft slot, lol?

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Or that most of the world are absolute idiots, from which media garners its flock.

Conventional Wisdom says half the people you know are below average.

Yogi Berra would put that number at closer to 90%.  

Yogi was above average.

15 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Conventional Wisdom says half the people you know are below average.

Yogi Berra would put that number at closer to 90%.  

Yogi was above average.

George Carlin had a bit that went like this, "think how dumb the average person is and realize 50% of them are dumber than that".

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PFSIKH said:

George Carlin had a bit that went like this, "think how dumb the average person is and realize 50% of them are dumber than that".

Carlin was/is the most overrated standup comedian this side of Lenny Bruce.

Gutsy/daring for their times? Sure, absolutely. Gut-busting laughter type funny? Not even close.

The only fans more insincere are people who claim to actually like the Patriots. 

• Thumb Down 2

14 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Gutsy/daring for their times? Sure, absolutely. Gut-busting laughter type funny? Not even close.

The only fans more insincere are people who claim to actually like the Patriots. 

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Charlie Day Ok GIF

Overrated?   Meh.  I would need some context to as why.  A guy like Adam Sandler, to me, is overrated.  I would be hesitant to call him a comedian.

58 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm old enough to remember when the Jets won a SB and Carlin was actually funny.   I think it might have been the same year?

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He (and Bruce from what I know, which is little) were heavily political in their later years, so much so that finding/appreciating their humor became difficult.  I still love Carlin on his plays on words.  There was none better at disassembling the English language.   And yes, he made me laugh. Perhaps overrated, but not sure when and why such things became popularity contests.  

5 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Charlie Day Ok GIF

Overrated?   Meh.  I would need some context to as why.  A guy like Adam Sandler, to me, is overrated.  I would be hesitant to call him a comedian.

Adam Sandler's standup routine is the measuring stick of worthy comedians? That's like saying the Jets have generally been good at football because - despite two "championship" seasons - they were still better than the Birmingham Stallions. 

He had an effective delivery that worked for him, I guess, and he was considered edgy in his time, but his material itself wasn't funny. I remember realizing that after forcing myself through like his 3rd of a zillion HBO specials. Nobody doubles over in laughter holding their midsection watching or listening to George Carlin. He was one of those comedians everyone pretended they think was hilarious but no one actually laughs hysterically at him; more that they actually repeat his supposed prowess because he broke down some barriers. 

Not. Funny. 

The average groan-inducing dad joke is at least as funny or funnier than Carlin's very best material. 

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

He (and Bruce from what I know, which is little) were heavily political in their later years, so much so that finding/appreciating their humor became difficult.  I still love Carlin on his plays on words.  There was none better at disassembling the English language.   And yes, he made me laugh. Perhaps overrated, but not sure when and why such things became popularity contests.  

Stoppit -- you never laughed. Never. 

Maybe you thought some things were mildly clever but you never deeply belly-laughed.

I've lost count of how many no-name comedians had me turning purple laughing. Carlin wasn't among them. 

14 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I'm old enough to remember when the Jets won a SB and Carlin was actually funny.   I think it might have been the same year?

Nah it never happened. That's like saying you remember seeing the Loch Ness monster.

It's just that you're much older now so your memory is playing tricks on you. Not your fault, it happens to us all & gets progressively worse.