Malik Nabers is the greatest WR of all time

In all seriousness Nabers may be the real deal, but I didn’t think it was even possible to generate this much hype in training camp. Usually it at least took a preseason game or two. 

Either way typical Jets wining those two meaningless games. We lose out on the greatest player of all time and draft a backup tackle who couldn’t even block Michael Clemons per Hughes. 

Hope you can sense the sarcasm in my post. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • More Ugh 1

The Giants were 6-11 last season.

They generated a 31.1% pressure rate in 2023, ranking only 28th.

Their pass rush won just 36.3% of its reps, ranking 30th.

Their run-defense didn't fare much better, earning a 29th-ranked 56.2 grade.

They were 19th in NFL in pass defense allowing 229.3 yds per game and were 27th in the NFL in total defense, allowing 361.7 yds a game.

They were 26th in scoring defense & 25th in red zone defense.

Point being, that Nabers is not practicing against an elite defensesive unit, the Giants defense was a pile of hot, steaming garbage last year.

Are they better this year - maybe ( I don't know that they could be any worse) but that remains to be seen.

• Sympathy 1

yeah, okay.  lsu has certainly been turning out some really good receivers.  this guy nabers is possibly one of the best.  but the other thing they have in common is they all turn into prima donas in short order.  maybe he'll break this mold and just play good football.

40 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Clowney was a 14th round draft pick

Sure.

Point is they are claiming him for oroy, top whatever and it is simply preseason - not even appeared in a preseason game yet.

He could be everything hughes thinks he is - but based on 2 weeks of practice against guys most likeley not going to be in the league?

There used to be a guy who now goes by the chosen one - made some of the most unreal catches I have seen in real games with defenders draped all over him. Then throw a ball in the flat to him with a guy a yard off in defense and he had hands of cement.

It is all for clicks and hype but let's see what he and all the other rookies are after some real action.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Sure.

Point is they are claiming him for oroy, top whatever and it is simply preseason - not even appeared in a preseason game yet.

He could be everything hughes thinks he is - but based on 2 weeks of practice against guys most likeley not going to be in the league?

There used to be a guy who now goes by the chosen one - made some of the most unreal catches I have seen in real games with defenders draped all over him. Then throw a ball in the flat to him with a guy a yard off in defense and he had hands of cement.

It is all for clicks and hype but let's see what he and all the other rookies are after some real action.

Sure, but you couldn’t think of a highly drafted rookie that had a great preseason and flopped?

And yes, I’m the Analogy Police.

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

Sure, but you couldn’t think of a highly drafted rookie that had a great preseason and flopped?

would a receiver from Georgia Tech count? I honestly do not remember what his preseason was like though.

Absolutely sucked when it counted 

21 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Sure.

This isn't some random UDFA or even a round 2-3 type guy though.  Nabers arrived into the league with a strong pedigree + athletic profile (below).  That doesn't speak to him being some flash-in-the-pan.  He could easily end up some tremendous bust, but a guy like him dominating in camp is more news than noise - he's checking a lot of boxes right now.

GJsVsprXMAAPLn6.jpg

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Trotter said:

would a receiver from Georgia Tech count? I honestly do not remember what his preseason was like though.

Absolutely sucked when it counted 

13 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

That receiver caught 38 passes as a senior and was drafted in the second round.

And even he caught 2 TDs in his regular season debut, so he wasn't completely useless in at least one real game out of the gates...

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This isn't some random UDFA or even a round 2-3 type guy though.  Nabers arrived into the league with a strong pedigree + athletic profile (below).  That doesn't speak to him being some flash-in-the-pan.  He could easily end up some tremendous bust, but a guy like him dominating in camp is more news than noise - he's checking a lot of boxes right now.

GJsVsprXMAAPLn6.jpg

understood - he might be everything - just for me im not going there after 17 catches in the preseason.

Tell me if you agree with the following;

Right now Nabors is the 3rd best receiver in the league - behind only Tyreek Hill and Justin Jefferson? 

That was stated by a NY sports media radio entertainer and while most likely trying to rile up the NYC audience, was dead serious in his statements. 

They guy making the statement and Hughes are really not that much different