Rest In Peace Lauren

Funeral mass is on Monday morning then the repass at a nice place on the water that Lauren always loved. Let the healing begin.

We have an amazing choir lined up for the mass. The kids always did theater and they have so many kids coming back to sing. Pretty cool.

• Sympathy 32

Dear Maxman, please accept my humble condolences. Please allow me to share some texts from the Bhagavad Gita, as it is, chapter 2:

As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death. A sober person is not bewildered by such a change.
Those who are seers of the truth have concluded that of the nonexistent [the material body] there is no endurance and of the eternal [the soul] there is no change. This they have concluded by studying the nature of both.
That which pervades the entire body you should know to be indestructible. No one is able to destroy that imperishable soul.
For the soul there is neither birth nor death at any time. He has not come into being, does not come into being, and will not come into being. He is unborn, eternal, ever-existing and primeval. He is not slain when the body is slain.
As a person puts on new garments, giving up old ones, the soul similarly accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones.
The soul can never be cut to pieces by any weapon, nor burned by fire, nor moistened by water, nor withered by the wind.
This individual soul is unbreakable and insoluble, and can be neither burned nor dried. He is everlasting, present everywhere, unchangeable, immovable and eternally the same.
It is said that the soul is invisible, inconceivable and immutable. Knowing this, you should not grieve for the body.
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

• Maxman pinned this topic

Dear Maxman,

My condolences to you and your family!

In this circumstance, if I may write that I've known the Spirit of the Living God for 47 years through Christ Jesus. I came to know Him through reading the Bible and responding to it. If you're willing, read the message that God has for humanity in the New Testament. There's truth, healing, peace, eternal life...etc. that the Holy Spirit yearns to give to those who seek Him. Jesus promises rest for our souls to those who come to Him.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss. You have a beautiful family!

Sincerely,

~Patrick 

• Upvote 1

Today is the 9th anniversary of my brother's passing from cancer. My wife got me a little book called "I'm here for you." I just wanted to share with you @Maxman something from the back. I hope this helps in some small way. Your wife will never be truly gone as she will live on in everything that she has shared with you. God bless, Phil ❤️

20240823_090252.jpg

• Sympathy 7

On 8/22/2024 at 6:16 PM, Maxman said:

Here is todays fun event.

image.png

Some people suck. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I'm going to assume it was a boomer, as they're usually all up in peoples business. 

You have my continued prayers. 

Here is todays fun event.

http://content.invisioncic.com/y326398/monthly_2024_08/image.png.0cae6a327879a46abf05b80c87ea089d.png
Sorry Phil. .. In my prayers every day ... Don't let these folks steal your power.

I had the same experience.. I was turned away and had to go to some state-run police pickup for medication.

God Bless and take each day as it comes.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Lauren Sullivan

Rest in peace Lauren.

Cancer may have cut your time on earth short, but it never took your spirit, and it never beat you. The things you faced with a smile and grace inspire so many. Whenever you got tough news, you would say, “I’ll fight.” Standing by your side and watching you defy the odds was a pleasure. The grace, determination, and love you showed daily are incredible.

I have no idea how you did it, and I have no idea how we will do it without you. Your love fills us up, and you have shown us the way. So, we will continue to live a life that makes you proud.
Until we meet again, my love, I pray that God holds you in his arms and shows you that his love is real! I love you forever, Lauren. I am so glad you aren’t in pain anymore!

Lauren Sullivan Lauren Sullivan Phil and Lauren Sullivan Phil and Lauren Sullivan Lauren and Phil Sullivan Lauren Sullivan

Lauren Sullivan Obituary

Lauren Mohr Sullivan, 55, passed peacefully on August 13th surrounded by the love of her children and husband after a courageous 12 year fight against cancer. Lauren is survived by her husband, Phil Sullivan (54), three children, Shane (29) Kelly (25) and Colin (21), as well as her parents, Susan Hayowyk Mohr and Allen Mohr, and sister, Lisa Mohr Clauss(Christopher). She was a proud and exceptional wife, mother, daughter, sister, cousin, aunt, and friend. Lauren lived her life to the fullest, born in Passaic, NJ and raised in East Brunswick, NJ and Hemlock Farms, PA. She spent her childhood attending Catholic school at Saint Bartholomew’s in East Brunswick, NJ and Saint Thomas Aquinas/Bishop George Ahr in Edison, NJ. Her childhood was filled with a passion for performing and theater, and she filled her family’s lives with her beautiful voice. Later, she attended Rutgers University, where she graduated with her degree in English.

She met her husband Phil at the young age of 17, they exchanged “I love you’s” three days after meeting, and their love story never looked back. Phil and Lauren started their life together with their marriage at 23, and raised their family in Port Monmouth, NJ. Lauren contributed immensely to her community, bringing her children up in the same Catholic school that she would eventually become a preschool and Kindergarten teacher at for many years, St Mary’s Elementary School. She spent her life living each day to the fullest, loving all things Disney, finding peace at the beach, and loving each of her family members as hard as she could. Throughout her 12 year battle with cancer, Lauren’s positivity, courage, selflessness, and kindness never wavered. Her family uses her spirit as inspiration to carry her story forward in the same way Lauren would live each of her days. Despite her battle, she never let the cancer beat her.

Lauren’s wishes were that her services feel like a celebration of her life. In honor of that, her family requests that, in lieu of black, you wear anything that reminds you of Lauren’s unwavering spirit. Some of Lauren’s favorite things include: the color blue, Disney, the beach, trips to Broadway shows, vacations with family, crane games on the boardwalk, and dates at the movie theater.

The post Rest In Peace Lauren Sullivan appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

• Sympathy 13

My condolences to you and your family on your loss. When we unexpectedly lost my Mom one thing that helped me was understanding she’d want our family to be ever joyous in life. Of course she’d want us to mourn her and remember and celebrate her always. But also to be ever happier and pursue life, not let her going forth be reason to take a step back. That’s how I best handled it internally, and I felt how I best honored her.