Broncos Showcasing Zach Wilson for trade?

21 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Looked like Chris Strevler 

Ha..yes..  saw the one errant throw that was quintessential ZW and chuckled..but then looked at his numbers for the game - outside of that one throw.

16-24 - 251 - 2TDs. 🤷‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

Ha..yes..  saw the one errant throw that was quintessential ZW and chuckled..but then looked at his numbers for the game - outside of that one throw.

16-24 - 251 - 2TDs. 🤷‍♂️ 

I mean ok now that we are looking at the big picture let’s also look at his career numbers 

4 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

16-24 - 251 - 2TDs. 🤷‍♂️ 

Strevmeister had a big game playing against back end guys too. Wilson is still probably not making the roster. 

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Payton spent all week telling anyone who would listen that Zach is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  He had Stidham throw four passes and now has Wilson out there airing it out to put up some numbers.  Have to imagine they want to try to get a pick for him.

Truly impressive work for Zach, even if it was against backups. Shows what he can do with protection and with the call to air it out. Good for him! 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, AFJF said:

Payton spent all week telling anyone who would listen that Zach is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  He had Stidham throw four passes and now has Wilson out there airing it out to put up some numbers.  Have to imagine they want to try to get a pick for him.

Payton just wants to try to stick it to the Jets.  Yeah, they want to trade Zach for the 6th round pick that they gave up to the Jets.

I think that the Jets gave up a 7th round pick, and got a 6th round pick in return for Zach.  If Payton can get a 6th round pick for him, he wins.  Congratulations.  They will net a 7th round pick if that happens.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Now Stidham is talking to the press about not winning their starting job. Not exactly the kind of thing Payton likes. Plus his salary obligation and maybe value right now could be below ZW. 

They could save $5 mil in cap space by cutting him. Zach QB2? 🤔

Chase Daniel @ChaseDaniel

Intriguing option for Zach Wilson: The Dallas Cowboys

He’s an immediate upgrade over Cooper Rush/Trey Lance and gives them some depth behind Dak (who has yet to sign). 

Sean Payton has been loving up Zach & wouldn’t be surprised if its to increase trade value.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Chase Daniel @ChaseDaniel

Intriguing option for Zach Wilson: The Dallas Cowboys

He’s an immediate upgrade over Cooper Rush/Trey Lance and gives them some depth behind Dak (who has yet to sign). 

Sean Payton has been loving up Zach & wouldn’t be surprised if its to increase trade value.

I'm not sure he is an upgrade over Lance and the cowboys traded assets for Lance. I don't see it. 

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I'm not sure he is an upgrade over Lance and the cowboys traded assets for Lance. I don't see it. 

Oh he is. Not saying much but Lance has done nothing. 

Lynch should be grateful he hit on Purdy otherwise he'd be fired trading 3 #1s & a 3rd to move up for Lance

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Oh he is. Not saying much but Lance has done nothing. 

Lynch should be grateful he hit on Purdy otherwise he'd be fired trading 3 #1s & a 3rd to move up for Lance

No one, and I mean no one here wants to acknowledge this.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Pretty sure I've mentioned it before.  And I think others have as well.

Are we taking about the fact that the Niners traded 3 ones for Lance? If so, I'm not saying it hasn't been mentioned before (I had a giant argument over it) but it gets brushed off by the "JD is the worst GM ever" crowd. The Niners stepped in sh*t with Purdy. So if that's what you are saying, I agree with you. Many others just ignore that fact.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

Are we taking about the fact that the Niners traded 3 ones for Lance? If so, I'm not saying it hasn't been mentioned before (I had a giant argument over it) but it gets brushed off by the "JD is the worst GM ever" crowd. The Niners stepped in sh*t with Purdy. So if that's what you are saying, I agree with you. Many others just ignore that fact.

That the 49er's stepped in sh-t with Purdy. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rich Thornburgh said:

No matter how hard the Zach justice warriors want to wish it into reality there’s no way Lance is a bigger bust 

He's a worse draft pick. The Niners traded 3 first round picks to draft him. Is that too hard for you to understand?

5 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

He's a worse draft pick. The Niners traded 3 first round picks to draft him. Is that too hard for you to understand?

And yet the jets still picked Zach ahead of Lance.  The jets also exacerbated Zach being a bust by having him start for 3 years while the 49ers quickly gave up on him