New York Jets, Haason Reddick Contract Saga No Longer About Fines. Game checks are now on the line, to the tune of $852,941 for each game missed.

14 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

No joke Reddick might have CTE

Hard to fathom what he’s doing right now 

Maybe he just has no interest in playing football any more 

Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he were sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to, but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.

• Upvote 3

I feel we need to be weary at this stage of just what her even give us. Guys playing right now have been in TC and all like 3 months.

I question how good he’d even be if he came in. It’d take him weeks to “in shape” to be a weapon for us. And that’s even if he’s the same player we’ve seen. Also have to question how hard he’d play for us. Ya he’s playing for a contract. But he’d know his biggest thing he’d bring to the table is everything previous to this year. 

7 hours ago, Larz said:

I’m sure this isn’t true but it’s a good theory anyway lol

If this is true, he should have come back for the game this week.  He would have missed the challenging travel schedule, played in a home game on full rest, then had 10 days to recuperate for his second game.

Not buying it.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he were sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to, but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to.

That's some catch!

• Haha 3

And just like that, in a span of 11 days, Hassan Reddick will lose out on $2,558,823 (3 game checks). And this is in addition to the estimated $2.05 million in fines he owes.

I guarantee that in a whole dollars analysis, Reddick easily makes more money in the end by showing up at camp, negotiating some sweeteners on his current 1 year deal and just playing ball. Concerned about an injury?  - well that is exactly what professional athlete disability insurance is for.  

If he plays this year, he is going to have to be a record setting season for anyone to be willing to pay a malcontent like him the kind of money he thinks he deserves. NFL ownership knows how to circle the wagons and send the general message that certain conduct will not be rewarded - unless of course the player is HOF caliber and in his prime. 

Goodness gracious 🥲

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41269783/sources-haason-reddick-jets-not-close-deal-amid-mounting-fines

If Reddick holds out all year, it will cost him approximately $21.75 million, broken down as follows:

• $14.25 million lost in Paragraph 5 base salary

• $4.5 million in fines

• $3 million in discretionary bonus forfeiture, which is the max amount that Reddick can lose in this holdout

Reddick has been holding out for a new contract, a stalemate that took a turn Aug. 12 when the two-time Pro Bowl pass rusher requested a trade.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

At this point, it almost feels as if AB has a better chance of suiting up for the Jets than Reddick.

It's clear both sides are dug in.

What is Joe Douglas thinking?  Reddick would help the pass rush immensely, especially with JJ now on the shelf until 2025.

If JD has no desire to extend him beyond this season and Reddick won’t sign without guarantees in the future, I’m not sure where the compromise is. 

17 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Goodness gracious 🥲

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41269783/sources-haason-reddick-jets-not-close-deal-amid-mounting-fines

If Reddick holds out all year, it will cost him approximately $21.75 million, broken down as follows:

• $4.5 million in fines

• $3 million in discretionary bonus forfeiture, which is the max amount that Reddick can lose in this holdout

Reddick has been holding out for a new contract, a stalemate that took a turn Aug. 12 when the two-time Pro Bowl pass rusher requested a trade.

This is why I don’t chime in on this all that often; Reddick is not behaving rationally. It makes any effort to predict what he’ll do difficult, to say the least. If I had to guess right now, I’d say he ends his hold out just short of the point where he’d lose credit for the season.

If I’m JD, with JJ’s injury, I’m ready to up whatever my last one year offer was to just get him in, but that would probably be about it. Reddick’s leverage is currently up but, with McDonald looking impressive, if someone like McGregor or McKinley (or the entire defense) steps it up, Reddick could see his leverage start to decline again. I’d suggest that it would behoove both parties to try to get it done this weekend but, again, Reddick’s stance so far makes that impossible to predict. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Goodness gracious 🥲

• $4.5 million in fines

he won't hold out all year. if he does then his contract will toll and the jets will own his rights next year again

The thing that Reddick doesn't have when a player wants out like he does. Let's not forget he requested a trade when we stood our ground.

Is that they normally can start going the avenue of trashing the franchise. But why he cant do this, is obvious. He hasn't done anything with us besides a press conference, so he has no grounds to try and trash us. So he's in purgatory. Where he wants to get paid, we told him no. He's requested a trade, we told him no. And now he stuck. What he thought would happen is we'd suck at DE or we'd have an injury. 1 of the 2 has happened with JJ going down. And we don't seem to move our ground even with losing a starting DE. So he's still stuck. And can't go the trash the franchise route. Because he knows 0 about us.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Goodness gracious 🥲

• $4.5 million in fines

Trolling Woody Johnson and Joe Douglas, priceless.

45 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

btw, is Takk McKinley a ghost?

He's been invisible so far.

Has played exactly 23 snaps both in week 1 and week 2 and registered a grand total of 1 assisted tackle.

Sounds like Bryce Huff’s replacement. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, slats said:

If JD has no desire to extend him beyond this season and Reddick won’t sign without guarantees in the future, I’m not sure where the compromise is. 

This is why I don’t chime in on this all that often; Reddick is not behaving rationally. It makes any effort to predict what he’ll do difficult, to say the least. If I had to guess right now, I’d say he ends his hold out just short of the point where he’d lose credit for the season.

If I’m JD, with JJ’s injury, I’m ready to up whatever my last one year offer was to just get him in, but that would probably be about it. Reddick’s leverage is currently up but, with McDonald looking impressive, if someone like McGregor or McKinley (or the entire defense) steps it up, Reddick could see his leverage start to decline again. I’d suggest that it would behoove both parties to try to get it done this weekend but, again, Reddick’s stance so far makes that impossible to predict. 

it's nuts that it seems like both sides didn't even discuss a one year solution.  

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

I just don’t get it. Reddick is one of the top pass rushers in the NFL. I would be trying like hell to lock him up with a multi year deal. You can deal with the cap situation with the other pending free agents when the time comes.

There's a salary cap.

He's probably asking for at least 25M per.

Jets' can't afford that, with Garrett, Breece, JJ, AVT, Sauce, due for extensions pretty soon.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

I just don’t get it. Reddick is one of the top pass rushers in the NFL. I would be trying like hell to lock him up with a multi year deal. You can deal with the cap situation with the other pending free agents when the time comes.

JD is in a bind - with the injury he can't just ignore the Reddick situation.   

I'd rather keep our home grown talent on second contracts.  

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

There's a salary cap.

He's probably asking for at least 25M per.

Jets' can't afford that, with Garrett, Breece, JJ, AVT, Sauce, due for extensions pretty soon.

I mean, I'd prioritize Reddick over JJ (due to the Achilles injury) and AVT at this point and maybe even Breece given the nature of the RB position (no matter how good Hall is). 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I mean, I'd prioritize Reddick over JJ (due to the Achilles injury) and AVT at this point and maybe even Breece given the nature of the RB position (no matter how good Hall is). 

Uhm . . . NO

Reddick turns 30 in 4 days, while Breece Hall is 23 years old, for f*ck's sake. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

You gotta be sh*tting me.....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Insane at this point.

I mean seriously what does Reddick think he’s worth and what kind of contract does he realistically think he’s going to get?

His contract is going to toll unless he shows up by week 10.

Even if he does finally come crawling back, teams will view him as radioactive, they’ll assume he doesn’t give a sh-t about football and is another Le’Veon Bell “hard pass” type of situation, etc.

He must realize how bad the optics are for him around the league right now and that he’s on the wrong side of 30.

Maybe he’s already got 100M in the bank and doesn’t give a sh-t.

It’s nuts.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Insane at this point.
I mean seriously what does Reddick think he’s worth and what kind of contract does he realistically think he’s going to get?
His contract is going to toll unless he shows up by week 10.
Even if he does finally come crawling back, teams will view him as radioactive, they’ll assume he doesn’t give a sh-t about football and is another Le’Veon Bell “hard pass” type of situation, etc.
He must realize how bad the optics are for him around the league right now and that he’s on the wrong side of 30.
Maybe he’s already got 100M in the bank and doesn’t give a sh-t.
It’s nuts.
That's how I see it too .. guy musn't give a damn about the game anymore ... Holding out for the Brinks Truck that will never arrive ... And is ok walking away with his 100m. I got nothing else ... Never seen anything like it ... Insane.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk