Bill Belichick raves over Jets

3 hours ago, RJIII said:

Belichick will be the HC of the Cowboys next season. 

College Football Deal With It GIF by Arkansas Razorbacks

How McCarthy was retained and Belichick not even talked to is an absolute joke.

McCarthy will be one and done again, and Jerrah a year closer to senility or worse.

This tells me that Jerrah values obsequiousness above competence.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, mrcoops said:

If we're bringing back a septuagenarian former Jets coach for another go, I'd rather it was Pete Carroll than Bill Belicheat.

Me too, but I don't want either one.  Both are too old and their day is past. It's time for younger energy with new vision.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

McCarthy will be one and done again, and Jerrah a year closer to senility or worse.

McCarthy is better than Belichick.  He has actually won with multiple quarterbacks 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, nyjets1969 said:

Would not shock me to see Arron Rogers throw Saleh under bus and Woody hire BB to keep Rogers from retiring.

Rodgers wants no part of Belichick. Rodgers can do whatever he wants with Saleh. Belichick is a guy who was a hardass on Tom Brady for 20 years and gave him no special treatment. 

14 hours ago, 20andOut said:

As Tuscany alluded to, he was actually hired as head coach before Parcells and was then demoted to DC a few weeks later so Parcells could come in as head coach. Might be the reason he hates the Jets and Woody!

...Or....Woody is just easy to hate.

Is BB* stealing a time machine, kidnapping a TB* that's twenty years younger, and then joining the Jets? If not, than no thanks. BB* got very lucky, and was smart enough to let it ride as long as he could. I'm not impressed by a guy who's specialty is confusing rookie QBs. The moment TB* was gone the Pats* sucked ass, even after a few years to adjust.

back to the future GIF

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I hate to keep wearing the ageist hat, but Belichick is 72. Coaching is a young man's game. As are most high stress/high profile jobs, frankly.

Bruce Arians is the oldest coach to ever win a Super Bowl at 68 - 4 years younger than Belichick is now. Plus, Belichick wants power within the organization, and in particular, wants to be able to pick the players. A lot of owners are probably unwilling to give him that at this stage of his career. 

18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I hate to keep wearing the ageist hat, but Belichick is 72. Coaching is a young man's game. As are most high stress/high profile jobs, frankly.

Bruce Arians is the oldest coach to ever win a Super Bowl at 68 - 4 years younger than Belichick is now. Plus, Belichick wants power within the organization, and in particular, wants to be able to pick the players. A lot of owners are probably unwilling to give him that at this stage of his career. 

That’s reasonable 

I still think McCarthy is an awful bet to deliver anything, even if they didn’t even entertain the idea of having a conversation with BB

Marv Levy coached forever and was still able to get the Bills to 4 straight super bowls 

I don’t think mental or physical decline is something that’s an issue when you watch Belichick on McAfee

He seems fine in that regard

I just think BB the GM is much worse than BB the head coach 

And in Dallas Jerrah is the GM

If you could get Belichick to just coach the team, they’d be better off than with McCarthy

15 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

That’s reasonable 

I still think McCarthy is an awful bet to deliver anything, even if they didn’t even entertain the idea of having a conversation with BB

Marv Levy coached forever and was still able to get the Bills to 4 straight super bowls 

I don’t think mental or physical decline is something that’s an issue when you watch Belichick on McAfee

He seems fine in that regard

Marv Levy got the Bills to the Super Bowl in the 1990-1993 seasons, when he was between 64 and 68 years old. Levy retired at 72, the age Belichick is now. 

It's not even just cognitive decline (which is subtle at first but can then rapidly worsen with age for someone in their 70s or 80s), but also energy. The long days, the all-nighters, the high levels of stress. There's a reason you don't find a lot of NFL head coaches having success into their 70s. It's a young man's game. 

15 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I just think BB the GM is much worse than BB the head coach 

And in Dallas Jerrah is the GM

If you could get Belichick to just coach the team, they’d be better off than with McCarthy

A huge if. He likes to pick the players. 

14 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Dallas does make sense for him in a lot of ways. But wouldn't he want Emperor Ming levels of power like he had in NE? I think that would clash with Jerry too much. 

17 hours ago, PS17 said:

Rodgers wants no part of Belichick. Rodgers can do whatever he wants with Saleh. Belichick is a guy who was a hardass on Tom Brady for 20 years and gave him no special treatment. 

Poor Tom. All he has to show for all those years is 7 Super Bowls. I wonder if it was worth it for him?

11 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

How many rings though

Belichick went 10-6 with Matt Cassel 

And McCarthy went 5-1 with Cooper Rush

Belichick is 19 games under .500 without Brady and hasn’t won a playoff game without Brady since 1994.  Belichick isn’t even average without the GOAT QB