****The official Jets VS 49ers Game thread****®️©️™️

BP

I think the Jets will play ok tonight and be competitive. And with Rodgers the team is a major upgrade and the offense should be consistent and effective. They can win tonight but they're the underdog on the road. IMO while Rodgers is better than Purdy he's still good esp with that team and those playmakers. So tonight SF 23 Jets 20. 

We have absolutely no idea if Rodgers is an upgrade. We have not seen him play an entire series of Pro football as a jet..

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Ugh 1

5 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

We have absolutely no idea if Rodgers is an upgrade. We have not seen him play an entire series of Pro football as a jet..

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yep.  Absolutely no idea if Rodgers is better than Tim Boyle or Zach Wilson.  He'd be hard pressed to get a practice squad slot if we cut him.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

Feel like I've been waiting my whole life for this team. At the very least since 1999 when Vinny went down. And I just turned 69. I've already experienced the entire gamut of heartbreaking losses but I don't know how bad it'll hurt if this team goes down the drain.

Sent from my TFY-LX3 using Tapatalk

Right there with ya! Minus a few years... the Jets have never had a roster like this, with depth. I feel like its even better than the 09/10 teams. The biggest difference is we need players to bail out the coaches. I trust AR to do that... rest remains to be seen. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Anyone else have... anxiety today? Man, I want to be excited but the PTSD is just kickin' in hard today. LOL. 

Just like last year - no anxiety for the game. Win or lose, week 1 does not matter.

Just like last year - I do have major anxiety about injuries. Not just Aaron - but any of our premier guys. Losing any one of Aaron, Quinnen, Breece, Quincy, Sauce, Garrett would derail the season. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

Just like last year - no anxiety for the game. Win or lose, week 1 does not matter.

Just like last year - I do have major anxiety about injuries. Not just Aaron - but any of our premier guys. Losing any one of Aaron, Quinnen, Breece, Quincy, Sauce, Garrett would derail the season. 

Last year I was hyped up and excited for MONTHS waiting to see a REAL QB play for the Jets for the first time in decades.... I know, we've been all through this already, but I don't feel like that today. It's more like, "Let's just get through this one". LOL 

F*ckin' NFL just couldn't let them play the Jaguars at 1 pm or something? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Winning or losing this game does matter but I agree health matters far more.  I'm not sure losing Quincy or Sauce would derail the season but losing any of AR8, Quinnen, GW5 and/or Breece would be a disaster.

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Last year I was hyped up and excited for MONTHS waiting to see a REAL QB play for the Jets for the first time in decades.... I know, we've been all through this already, but I don't feel like that today. It's more like, "Let's just get through this one". LOL 

F*ckin' NFL just couldn't let them play the Jaguars at 1 pm or something? 

Of course not.  They want us embarrassed on a national stage.

• Haha 1