**** Official Jets vs Titans Game Thread ****

Pac

34 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Trading sauce while his value is still artificially high would be an excellent move by this franchise. Echols, Carter and Reed when healthy are fine. Echols actually has a knack for making plays which Sauce does not. Plus the Stiggers guy looked legit this preseason 

Woody is extending his precious Sauce

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Eh, it was pretty innocuous. Just twisted the wrong way. It’s not like he’s been beaten up and his body’s breaking down. Anyone can do their achilles, as we seen again today.

I think if the chemistry and timing improves with the group the lack of mobility will be less of a factor. The whole unit is a bit off as we’re seeing with delay of games and miscommunications. 

All is going according to my prediction. Early struggles. Late dominance. Playoff heartbreak. Can’t wait. 

IMO they need Corley to come back and be a viable slot receiver because relying on Lazard to be the bail-out guy is going to get everybody fired. It looks like he’s playing sandlot football with Garrett Wilson right now to the point where they both look legitimately surprised when they hook up on a completion, and that’s going to lead to both guys getting beat up.  I do think Rodgers is physically compromised and that’s probably going to get worse as it goes along so they need more easy-button stuff for him. I’ve been trying to think of who he reminds me of now and it’s late-stage Jay Cutler. Awesome throws interspersed with some weird give-up plays and every time you see him get tackled or hit you start looking for the limp. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Levis is also a big reason. Titans looked to be dominating the jets until he turned it over back to back plays including inside the Jets 10.

2 Levis gifts and a blocked punt, and we didn’t turn it over.   if we do this every week and win it’s fine, but right now the sample size is too small to say anything other than 1-1.  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

IMO they need Corley to come back and be a viable slot receiver because relying on Lazard to be the bail-out guy is going to get everybody fired. It looks like he’s playing sandlot football with Garrett Wilson right now to the point where they both look legitimately surprised when they hook up on a completion, and that’s going to lead to both guys getting beat up.  I do think Rodgers is physically compromised and that’s probably going to get worse as it goes along so they need more easy-button stuff for him. I’ve been trying to think of who he reminds me of now and it’s late-stage Jay Cutler. Awesome throws interspersed with some weird give-up plays and every time you see him get tackled or hit you start looking for the limp. 

lmao the big difference is Jay Cutler was never good and Rodgers is a mt Rushmore QB.

He has the same mobility as his MVP 2 years ago (not much). He also had an elite season with a broken leg in 2018 and ended with 4.4k 25-2. He can certainly play elite level with low mobility. 

How about we give him a little time to get settled in. The entire NFL is struggling to score points right now. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, BreeceHallofFame said:

lmao the big difference is Jay Cutler was never good and Rodgers is a mt Rushmore QB.

He has the same mobility as his MVP 2 years ago (not much). He also had an elite season with a broken leg in 2018 and ended with 4.4k 25-2. He can certainly play elite level with low mobility. 

How about we give him a little time to get settled in. The entire NFL is struggling to score points right now. 

2018 Packers were 6-9 and 1Just For Laughs Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Stop making sense....it's not accepted here.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

So does this mean he doesn’t get your vote for Comeback Player of the Year?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Rodgers hasn’t played in over a year and coming off a pretty tough injury. On top of that, Jets are a new team for him and he needs the time to gel with his new teammates ‘in live games’. I don’t care who you are, there is an adjustment phase for the offense. Hopefully Hackett starts opening things up soon. The OL is another unit that needs to come together as well. Thus far I give them a C-.  Aaron’s been sacked a number of times and hurried a lot and the rb’s are not finding space to run.  It’s gonna be a work in progress.  Even Brady struggled when first joining the Bucs. The OL is the key IMO. 

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Dude you had to ho back like 20 years. You proved his point

The jets had, like, 3-4 plays off the top of my head today that went for 20+ while Joe is screaming that Rodgers can’t push the ball downfield:

I’d love to know what team he’s been watching where these throws are routine.  13-4 isn’t (and wasn’t ever) happening.  Does that mean the Jets will suck and miss the playoffs?  Not at all.  It means that this was always going to be a slow start as the team gels and Rodgers comes back from injury.  Those predicting dominance from day one were always over the top with their optimism.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

The jets had, like, 3-4 plays off the top of my head today that went for 20+ while Joe is screaming that Rodgers can’t push the ball downfield:

I’d love to know what team he’s been watching where these throws are routine.

That throw to wilson was big time.  The pass to williams was a jump ball the big fella got and breece was a simple wheel route where he beat a linebacker.  Those 2 are pretty basic throws for any qb.

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

That throw to wilson was big time.  The pass to williams was a jump ball the big fella got and breece was a simple wheel route where he beat a linebacker.  Those 2 are pretty basic throws for any qb.

1.  Agreed.

2.  The placement on that pass was spot-on.  Aaron put it in a perfect spot, something that is far harder than it looks and something that I haven’t seen in 20 years from a Jets QB.  Rodgers has now done this 3 times in two games (Garrett Wilson, Allen Lazard, and Mike Williams.)

3. Breece did not run a wheel route, he ran a go route.  That ball had a perfect amount of velocity and touch so that the backer never had a chance.  It was by far the most impressive pitch and catch out of the three.

• Upvote 3

Obviously Reddick and his agent gained leverage today.  As a result JD can’t stand firm with whatever his offer is and instead should sweeten it a bit..acknowledging the new circumstance.  If that doesn’t bring Reddick in..then you have to move on.  Reddick either wants to play football this season..or not. 

People can say a win is a win and all that but I recall last year during the winning streak many of us saying hey the way they're winning isn't sustainable and being shouted down.

Today was not sustainable winning football and they'll need to be far,far better going forward.

This was an ugly, ugly win. Hopefully they put together a far better effort on Thursday.

• Upvote 2

People can say a win is a win and all that but I recall last year during the winning streak many of us saying hey the way they're winning isn't sustainable and being shouted down.
Today was not sustainable winning football and they'll need to be far,far better going forward.
This was an ugly, ugly win. Hopefully they put together a far better effort on Thursday.

Disagree big time.

This was the exact type of strong performance we needed.

The Jets defense held strong despite a slow start and a really nice long td that was inches from being picked off.

The offense put up 27 points, top 10 in the NFL this week and scored a td on our final possession.

This is how teams win early when it’s not all clicking.

Last year, we were winning games 12-7, and going stretches of games without scoring touchdowns. That is what is not sustainable.

Putting together multiple touch down drives in key moments, and moving the chains consistently is sustainable, especially on the road and when things are firing on all cylinders yet.

We were versatile on offense, hammering the run, then moving to the passing game, and then mixing up throughout.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, funaz said:

Disagree big time.

This was the exact type of strong performance we needed.

The Jets defense held strong despite a slow start and a really nice long td that was inches from being picked off.

The offense put up 27 points, top 10 in the NFL this week and scored a td on our final possession.

This is how teams win early when it’s not all clicking.

Last year, we were winning games 12-7, and going stretches of games without scoring touchdowns. That is what is not sustainable.

Putting together multiple touch down drives in key moments, and moving the chains consistently is sustainable, especially on the road and when things are firing on all cylinders yet.

We were versatile on offense, hammering the run, then moving to the passing game, and then mixing up throughout.

Except this wasn't a strong performance at all. We barely scraped by a bad team while benefiting from multiple turnovers and a blocked punt.

• Upvote 1

Except this wasn't a strong performance at all. We barely scraped by a bad team while benefiting from multiple turnovers and a blocked punt.

It was a very strong performance. We held them to 17 points, score three tds on offense.

We were in control the entire game, on the road. This was a good win and a big step in the right direction.

What did you want 35-6?

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, funaz said:

It was a very strong performance. We held them to 17 points, score three tds on offense.

We were in control the entire game, on the road. This was a good win and a big step in the right direction.

What did you want 35-6?

We watched entirely different games if you think we were in control the entire game lmao.

Until Levis turned into Levis we were getting dominated on both sides of the ball.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, fltflo said:

There is absolutely no excuse for these state delay of games, especially with a quarterback who’s played the position for 20 damn years

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Why do we know it's his fault? Maybe the coach isn't getting the call in on time? Maybe guys aren't getting the plays or knowing what they are? Will we ever find out?