Jets will beat Patriots on Thursday night. Final Score: 27-10

Alka

The Pats have been playing very good defense and ball control offense. It took them 1 game to establish and identity. The run game is legit… both in scheme and talent. 

They present as much of a challenge as Tennessee, in my opinion.

Threads like this are stupid. There are no easy wins, especially not for the Jets who historically play to the level of their opponent.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, jamesr said:

What if ... Jets knock Brissett out of the game, in comes the rookie Drake Maye. Deja vu all over again?? 😜

The difference would be that Tom Brady was a 6th round pick and an after thought.  The Patriots expect Drake Maye to be their QB of the future.  

I actually like Brissett.  I think he is a good QB.  But the passing game for the Patriots has been abysmal so far this year.  I ask you, without looking, "Can you name me one of their wide receivers?"  Because I can't.  

Question #2:  If, after looking up the Patriots wide receivers, "Could you honestly tell me you have heard of any of them before?"

1 minute ago, Alka said:

The difference would be that Tom Brady was a 6th round pick and an after thought.  The Patriots expect Drake Maye to be their QB of the future.  

I actually like Brissett.  I think he is a good QB.  But the passing game for the Patriots has been abysmal so far this year.  I ask you, without looking, "Can you name me one of their wide receivers?"  Because I can't.  

Question #2:  If, after looking up the Patriots wide receivers, "Could you honestly tell me you have heard of any of them before?"

Without looking it up, and I can't recall if he's still with them or not, Demario Douglas is the first name at WR that springs to mind.

But - the main threats that we always seem to get gashed by are not the WRs, it's the TE (Hunter Henry) and the RBs (esp. Rhamondre Stephenson). That's where we need to focus on Thursday night.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The Pats have been playing very good defense and ball control offense. It took them 1 game to establish and identity. The run game is legit… both in scheme and talent. 

Threads like this are stupid. There are no easy wins, especially not for the Jets who historically play to the level of their opponent.

Different challenge because the Titans were much stronger at WR; Ridley and Hopkins are legit. The Pats don't have guys who can win one-on-ones, especially not against our CBs. No reason not to load up the box

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Demario Douglas is the first name at WR that springs to mind.

You are correct!!  He is their #1 starting wide receiver.  Do you know how many times he caught the ball this past game?  ZERO  Do you know how many times he was targeted this past game? ZERO

But, you are 100% correct.  The Patriots will look to continue to pass to their running backs and tight ends, along with their very good running game.  

If it's that obvious to us, then it should be that obvious to Robert Saleh, I hope.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alka said:

You are correct!!  He is their #1 starting wide receiver.  Do you know how many times he caught the ball this past game?  ZERO  Do you know how many times he was targeted this past game? ZERO

But, you are 100% correct.  The Patriots will look to continue to pass to their running backs and tight ends, along with their very good running game.  

If it's that obvious to us, then it should be that obvious to Robert Saleh, I hope.

Trouble is, even if it's obvious to Saleh / Ulbrich, do they actually have a solid plan of what to do about it?? That's my main worry. Not knowing it's coming is one thing ... knowing it is and being unable to stop it is far worse IMHO.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You’re always wrong. 

You are correct!  I am always wrong, unless I am right.  Then, I am wrong about being wrong, because, then, I am right.  But, if I am right about being wrong, then you would be right, unless you are wrong.

26 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

They will play the Jets just tough as Tenn, only difference is they have nobody on the outside that even comes close to Ridley.

• Upvote 1

The Pats running game is legit dangerous and the Jets rush defense is well, suspect. That's the game right there in the trenches. If the Jets can contain that then they win this game. Jets offense looked better in 2nd half yesterday. Keep getting Allen involved. He's a beast and Jets could have best 1-2 punch in the league. I'm expecting something like a 24-14 Jets win. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alka said:

As I have stated, I will continue my prognostication of the Jets until I lose a game.  And if I lose,  no more threads on Jets predictions for the remainder of the season.

Game #1:   Prediction:  49ers  31   Jets 27            Actual Result:  49ers 32   Jets 19

Game #2 Prediction:    Jets 23     Titans 16           Actual Result:  Jets  24    Titans 17

In this game against the Patriots, the Patriots will try to pound the ball with the run, as they have been very successful so far.  The Jets will load the box with 8 if they have to, and force the Patriots into throwing the ball.  If the Jets can play mistake free football, I feel that the outcome should not be in doubt.  The Jets will continue to find itself on offense, and I see the O line opening up more holes as the game goes on. 

Final Score:   Jets 27   Patriots  10

Makes one ok prediction and now hes suddenly puffing his feathers

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Alka said:

As I have stated, I will continue my prognostication of the Jets until I lose a game.  And if I lose,  no more threads on Jets predictions for the remainder of the season.

Game #1:   Prediction:  49ers  31   Jets 27            Actual Result:  49ers 32   Jets 19

Game #2 Prediction:    Jets 23     Titans 16           Actual Result:  Jets  24    Titans 17

In this game against the Patriots, the Patriots will try to pound the ball with the run, as they have been very successful so far.  The Jets will load the box with 8 if they have to, and force the Patriots into throwing the ball.  If the Jets can play mistake free football, I feel that the outcome should not be in doubt.  The Jets will continue to find itself on offense, and I see the O line opening up more holes as the game goes on. 

Final Score:   Jets 27   Patriots  10

Yeah, but.....

I think the Jets win. 

I think the Jets holding the Patriots to 10 is in the cards.  If A-A-Ron can play well, then I could see a 23-13 game. 

I think it is more a  16-13 game. The Patriots have been passed on.  DK, Tyler Lockett and JSN proved too much to handle. The Jets have only GW.

If the Patriots can continue to be solid against thr run, then I give the Patriots a chance. If Breece goes off, yeah it could be double digits.