Bryce Young benched 2 weeks into his second season

1 hour ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

This is the worst trade in NFL history.

Nah, it's the second worst.  The Saints traded ALL of their 1999 draft picks (1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th) plus 2 of their top 3 picks (1st and 3rd) in the 2000 draft for Ricky Williams.  That ended Mike Ditka's coaching career.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

This is the worst trade in NFL history.

2 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

Nah, it's the second worst.  The Saints traded ALL of their 1999 draft picks (1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th) plus 2 of their top 3 picks (1st and 3rd) in the 2000 draft for Ricky Williams.  That ended Mike Ditka's coaching career.

Russell Wilson Football GIF by Seattle Seahawks

Russell Wilson Football GIF by Seattle Seahawks

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bungaman said:

It even gets Mike Ditka off the hook for first place with the Ricky Williams trade. 

I respectfully disagree. 

Actually, I had forgotten about the Herschel Walker trade from the Cowboys to the Vikings.  It was the worst and very complex.  The Vikings received Walker and 4 late-round draft picks.  In return, they initially gave up RB Darrin Nelson as part of the trade, but he refused to play for the Cowboys so was traded to the Chargers, and the Vikings received a 5th round pick for Nelson.  They gave up 4 veteran players (LBs Jesse Solomon and David Howard, CB Isaac Holt, and DE Alex Stewart), and 3 draft picks, but there were conditional draft picks attached to these 4 players with the understanding that if the Cowboys cut any of them, but with the veteran players, there was an agreement that if the Cowboys wound up cutting any of the veterans before the start of the season, they would receive high draft picks in return.  Jimmy Johnson had planned to cut all those players and wind up with more draft picks, and he wound up with 13 future draft picks (including 3-1sts, 3-2nds, a 3rd and a 6th).  With those picks, they built their dynasty.  With four of those picks they took Emmit Smith (HOF), and All-Pros Darren Woodson and Russell Maryland, and Jimmy Smith. 

The Saints trade for Williams was the #2 worst trade.  The Saints gave up their entire 1999 draft (1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, & 7th round picks, and their 1st and 3rd round picks in 2000.  Giving up one's whole draft class for one player is just nuts. 

I think the Panthers trade with the Bears was horrendous, and close to the Williams trade, but the Herschel Walker trade was the worst.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Fastest hook I've ever seen for a first overall pick. 

I liked him coming out of college but it's been really bad. Makes you wonder if he needed a better situation or if he's just too small to make it work.

If you're in young's corner - this is probably a relief. It's too early to say the talent is a complete bust, but obviously a reboot is needed. As odds are favorite for the #1 pick next year, smart money is on Young getting traded or the Brees/Rivers scenario if Carolina is lucky

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

If you're in young's corner - this is probably a relief. It's too early to say the talent is a complete bust, but obviously a reboot is needed. As odds are favorite for the #1 pick next year, smart money is on Young getting traded or the Brees/Rivers scenario if Carolina is lucky

I saw some speculation Miami could trade for Young if Tua retires (or even as insurance) and that’s probably the best case scenario for Young.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The current Panthers roster is worse than most/all of the Jets rosters of the previous decade.  It would have been a miracle for a Youbg QB to blossom there.

I wouldn’t hesitate to offer a mid round pick for young and let him sit behind AR for a year or two. 

You guys are insane if you think he can develop into an NFL QB. Some of you on here have wives that are bigger than Bryce. Will be spoken in the same breath as Jamarcus and Leaf for the rest of his life. Monumental fumble by Carolina choosing him over Stroud.

Just now, JKlecko said:

I respectfully disagree. 

Actually, I had forgotten about the Herschel Walker trade from the Cowboys to the Vikings.  It was the worst and very complex.  The Vikings received Walker and 4 late-round draft picks.  In return, they initially gave up RB Darrin Nelson as part of the trade, but he refused to play for the Cowboys so was traded to the Chargers, and the Vikings received a 5th round pick for Nelson.  They gave up 4 veteran players (LBs Jesse Solomon and David Howard, CB Isaac Holt, and DE Alex Stewart), and 3 draft picks, but there were conditional draft picks attached to these 4 players with the understanding that if the Cowboys cut any of them, but with the veteran players, there was an agreement that if the Cowboys wound up cutting any of the veterans before the start of the season, they would receive high draft picks in return.  Jimmy Johnson had planned to cut all those players and wind up with more draft picks, and he wound up with 13 future draft picks (including 3-1sts, 3-2nds, a 3rd and a 6th).  With those picks, they built their dynasty.  With four of those picks they took Emmit Smith (HOF), and All-Pros Darren Woodson and Russell Maryland, and Jimmy Smith. 

The Saints trade for Williams was the #2 worst trade.  The Saints gave up their entire 1999 draft (1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, & 7th round picks, and their 1st and 3rd round picks in 2000.  Giving up one's whole draft class for one player is just nuts. 

I think the Panthers trade with the Bears was horrendous, and close to the Williams trade, but the Herschel Walker trade was the worst.

56 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

True but at least Williams contributed something.  He was a thousand yard rusher for a few seasons.

They gave away more but got more in return.  Carolina have away a bit less for a net malice, while having the opportunity to draft Stroud.

I think it’s debatable.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

True but at least Williams contributed something.  He was a thousand yard rusher for a few seasons.

They gave away more but got more in return.  Carolina have away a bit less for a net malice, while having the opportunity to draft Stroud.

I think it’s debatable.

I agree.  Actually, when I initially responded to your post, I had forgotten about the Herschel Walker trade from the Cowboys to the Vikings.  I think that is hands down the worst trade, with the Ricky Williams and Panthers/Bears trade as 2a and 2b.  The Vikings got played by Jimmy Johnson big time. Dallas gave up Walker and 4 late-round draft picks, but wound up with 13 draft picks in exchange. I go into more detail in my response to Bunga.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Do you think that a mistake THIS horrible that falls squarely on their owner, will serve as an eye opener for him to STFU and get out of the way? He literally destroyed the team with a nuke. 

Does it ever with people of his means?  I'm not gonna tell him if it means the job ends, lol.  I will if it did end, but he's got a whole lot of others more than happy to listen to him as long as the checks clear

• Upvote 3