**** OFFICIAL JETS v PATS THURSDAY NIGHT GAME THREAD ****

Pac

38 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Need this team to show up in the 1st quarter and not look like they met at a tailgate party . Too many games, simply not ready to go. 

Agreed. If this team cant come out with juice tonight with 82k Jet fans lighting the place up green on national tv then when are they? Don't just win, run these assholes out of town.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

When the Jets win I am going to be so pumped for the Broncos game, that we will go up at midnight and sleep in the line.  Been a weird thing I have thought about doing for years. But it is actually easier for me to leave here at 11pm, sleep in the RV in line. Then get up at 7:45am waiting for the lots to open at 8.

Otherwise I have to get up early and I am not a fan of that.

Great plan Phil.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Pressure is mounting on Saleh for sure. Slow starts and penalties, which has been the hallmark of the Saleh Jets is squarely usually blamed on coaching. Saleh needs a win here. Sold out Metlife, national tv, and a Patriots team projected to win only 4-5 games this year. Yea, IF Saleh blows this game, I can see a seething Woody that may begin to unravel.

Rightfully so. If it must happen, retain Ulbrich and reach out to Gruden 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Woke up this morning with a premonition that this is the game that starts the end of Robert Saleh’s time with the Jets. I’m not sure if they lose, per se, but Jerod Mayo comes out of tonight’s game having embarrassed Saleh and Hackett, and Woody—who’s Robert Kraft’s personal Reek—is so humiliated that he starts looking for the plunger. 

NE roster stinks.  The Jets with slap dick coaching wins by 10 plus.  If we lose tonight Saleh should be let go tomorrow.  Not happening.

33 minutes ago, Biggs said:

NE roster stinks.  The Jets with slap dick coaching wins by 10 plus.  If we lose tonight Saleh should be let go tomorrow.  Not happening.

Way to set up the d-i-s-e-a-s-e's favorite scenario.  

If we lose, fire everyone.  If we win, it means nothing and no one gets any credit cause the other team stinks.

Jet fans.....................

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, Pac said:

Getting this thread out for all you twelve o' clock game thread purists.

Will this be the game that A-Rod begins his righteous ascension back to the top of the QB rankings?  Will the Killer B's combine for 200 yards rushing and multiple TD's? 

Get ready for fireworks fellow Jet fans!  Our beloved team is going to unleash fury on the hapless Pats!!

Celebrate 4Th Of July GIF by Onyx CollectiveHappy New Year Celebration GIF by Faith Holland

fireworks GIF

Jets 37 Pats 17

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

This used to be a fun place to read and post.  None the less.......:( Go Jets!

Bask in positive vibes brah.  Who cares what jaded jet fan says.  It's our job to lift them up! 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

@Pac While you're at it, why don't you go ahead and post the official week 4 Jets/Denver thread too?

Did you miss it?

Spoiler - we won comfortably, especially after Zach threw 2 pick sixes when they benched Bo. :D  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Way to set up the d-i-s-e-a-s-e's favorite scenario.  

If we lose, fire everyone.  If we win, it means nothing and no one gets any credit cause the other team stinks.

Jet fans.....................

They do stink.  Why would you pretend otherwise.  Everyone on this board had this game as a W.   

• Upvote 1

The Patriots are 1-1 and have allowed 16 and 23. I still see the Jets O as a work in progress but like the changes in play calling we saw in week 2. Rodgers has played well and is a lot better than Brissett. Btw after losing for years to them Jets won last meeting final game BB coached against us as NEP HC. So I'll go with Jets W at home 20-17. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Just like Sunday I’ll will not be participating in the game thread once the  game starts. Like to just ask everyone to be respectful to one another and please try to not spam the game thread  with consistent and repetitive negativity. It’s perfectly acceptable to say something once or twice and move on. Thank you and go JETS!! 

+1

Comment on the game.  Not on each other.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

I will be driving up I-95 to Long Island tonight, does anyone know if the NFL Network will carry the game, or is it local radio only?

Sirius Sat. radio NFL Channel said they were broadcasting it I believe.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

+1

Comment on the game.  Not on each other.

Yeah, primarily staying out because easiest way to keep some negativity out is to remove my own. Straight up can't convince myself this defense didn't peaked last year and they won't get bullied just like first two weeks. The Pats, unlike Levi and the titans don't give games away. They will let us beat ourselves and as typical  Patriot fashion make us do it without our best player on offense, G5.Plus I will literally throw my phone at the wall if I have to read the word DISEASE in the game thread one time. So I'm out. Appreciate you old friend, but I'm gonna be disappointed if you and I don't get together for a game this year. Be well. 

• Upvote 1

They can win this game with poor performance and the same pathetic game plan.  And if they do that, we're in for a long and disappointing season.

However, If they open up - on the first offensive play of the game - with play action, and a deep ball to GW, there's reason to be encouraged.

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Appreciate you old friend, but I'm gonna be disappointed if you and I don't get together for a game this year. Be well. 

Lets compare calendars sometime soon.  Will the place near you still put the Jets on for us?

• Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah, primarily staying out because easiest way to keep some negativity out is to remove my own. Straight up can't convince myself this defense didn't peaked last year and they won't get bullied just like first two weeks. The Pats, unlike Levi and the titans don't give games away. They will let us beat ourselves and as typical  Patriot fashion make us do it without our best player on offense, G5.Plus I will literally throw my phone at the wall if I have to read the word Jets fans are the best in the game thread one time. So I'm out. Appreciate you old friend, but I'm gonna be disappointed if you and I don't get together for a game this year. Be well. 

This is a huge mismatch in talent.   Home opener and we got a stinker out of the way.  This should be a coast to victory.  2 score win.  The jets wont come out flat tonight at home.  Look for a big game from Sauce and the D.  Could see a 24 10 score.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Biggs said:

They do stink.  Why would you pretend otherwise.  Everyone on this board had this game as a W.   

The Bengals are a Super Bowl contender.  The Pats beat them in their place.

The Seahawks are a playoff team and currently 1st place in their division.  It took everything they had to beat the Pats.

The Panthers stink.  The Patriots are a solid football team.

But I get it, you need to be miserable after tonight so now you can be whether we win or lose.  Congrats!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Bengals are a Super Bowl contender.  The Pats beat them in their place.

The Seahawks are a playoff team and currently 1st place in their division.  It took everything they had to beat the Pats.

The Panthers stink.  The Patriots are a solid football team.

But I get it, you need to be miserable after tonight so now you can be whether we win or lose.  Congrats!!!!!

I watched a lot of that game.  The Bengals were on the plane to KC before the game started.  Flat as a pancake.  This is week 3.  The Pats are a 4 win team thats banged up.

i wasnt in the fetal position on the Titans last drive like you were.  Talk about D*seased

• Upvote 1

I read that both the starting Offensive left tackle and the starting left guard of the Patriots will not be active for tonights game.  I am assuming this has already been discussed?  If not, can someone please confirm this?