Adams traded to Jets

6 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

This is a dumb fking move.  We have a faint chance of a wild card spot as of now and nothing more yet we keep mortaging the future.  ......and I mean faint! 

I've never gone along with all the Woody is at fault I hear so often but this had his fingerprints all over it.   

Omg we could have had a future built around…checking notes here…La da di La da dum oh here it is, a late middle second rounder next year.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, thebuzzardman said:

Phew. The Jets can always can be counted on for underperformance, so 4th rounder it is. 

Then next season the Jets can jettison Rodgers, Adams, JD, Hazzard, and the entire coaching staff.

Nope, shefty blew his load too early with breaking news before verifying.. it’s a 3rd possible a 2nd if stats are met.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

It's the freebie from Detroit..  Anyone complaining about a 3rd is koo koo. 

The compensation is fine since we had two 3rds.  I’m just worried about the oline and keeping AR healthy. If we can do that this move is huge

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

Nope, shefty blew his load too early with breaking news before verifying.. it’s a 3rd possible a 2nd if stats are met.

3rd it is.

Probably wrecks his knee midway through 2nd game, against the Pats, of course. 

Franchise is cursed. Joe Willy made that deal with the Devil in 69". Clyde Frazier must have been with him. 

Knicks must have sacrificed a virgin. Woody should give Dolan a call. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Two other thoughts. First is Adams getting traded to the Jets cements Rodgers coming back next year. Second is I would NOT trade Mike Williams. Line up in a 4 WR set of Adams, Wilson, Lazard, Williams. That is a matchup nightmare

The next two years on Adams’ deal call for salaries of $35M and $36M. The Jets aren’t paying Adams that, but no one else is, either. Question becomes does Adams accept a pay cut to stick with the Jets, or do the Jets cut him after the season? 

I don’t expect Rodgers or Adams on the team next year. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, oatmeal said:

Idk but how you think Garrett is feeling right about now 

Probably like he just got a gift from the gods. He's going to be 1 on 1 with nickel backs and CB2s for the rest of this year. I'm sure he's a happy guy

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

The next two years on Adams’ deal call for salaries of $35M and $36M. The Jets aren’t paying Adams that, but no one else is, either. Question becomes does Adams accept a pay cut to stick with the Jets, or do the Jets cut him after the season? 

I think we may see a restructure that locks him in for next year

1 minute ago, slats said:

The Jets are working on a new deal right now with him I'm sure. They want to lower his number this year. They need the cap room if Reddick ever decides to show up. 

• Upvote 1