Joe fan boys

It’s the coaching, stupid. The roster isn’t the problem. . Having the worst staff in the league might be.  Mix in an overbearing clueless owner and a declining QB who’s allowed to call all the shots and it’s going about as well as we should’ve expected. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 2

Just now, Larz said:

It’s woody. 

Nobody wants to admit it because it’s the one thing that changes once or twice in a lifetime but the problem is woody. 

I thought the team was loaded so maybe you're right.  

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

It’s woody. 

Nobody wants to admit it because it’s the one thing that changes once or twice in a lifetime but the problem is woody. 

What do you mean no one wants to admit it?  lol.  You think you’re the first to say this?

You’re so f**kin weird.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

Literally everyone "admits" it. It's posted over and over and over. I have no idea how you miss it again and again.

I think you've confused yourself simply because every single post doesn't just throw their hands up about it.

No surprise that the guy who snarkily mansplains what Jets fans should and should not care about all the time thinks he’s landed on the correct answers before anyone else.

Do It Yourself Diy GIF by Makita Austria

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What do you mean no one wants to admit it?  lol.  You think you’re the first to say this?

You’re so f**kin weird.

No one wants to admit that firing everyone won’t solve the problem. 

No one wants to admit that this is jets football for the next 20 years 

no one wants to admit that there is no hope 

don’t see any reason to insult me because you want to hold onto a misguided belief 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

When you let Adam Gase hire a GM.. it's probably not gonna end well.

Gase rid the team of Big Macc and got us started on the right track.

Joe came in and totally derailed us.

He should have been fired for the Zach Wilson pick.

Period, end of story.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

don’t see any reason to insult me because you want to hold onto a misguided belief 

Dude wtf.  Many of us here have been saying all of this.  What are you talking about?

• Upvote 3

Admittedly I have defended him because I felt he made some very good moves and of course has had some horrible misses

from a jets gm perspective I felt he was one of the better ones but maybe it is just who I am comparing him to

doe not matter anyway - guy is neutered and not back next year.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

Any of u guys still left ?

Still think this roster is a top 10 roster ?

Joe is the worst gm in franchise history 

He should have been fired after the Zach Becton mims 

Thanks Joe 

FU Woody 

Not even close. Either you are not a very old Jets fan or are good at forgetting.  

This is what you get when your owner loves to meddle at doesn't have a clue about football.

But we will have a new first-time GM next year.  Ought to work out SO much better. 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Joe isn’t the problem? 

lol yes.  Many of us have been saying that Woody Johnson is the core problem with the franchise for about a decade now and nothing will improve until he’s gone (assuming he doesn’t hand off the keys to his kid or something).  Where have you been?

• Upvote 2

Excluding the current season, the only time the Jets under Douglas had less than double digit losses was his first year, when he was Gase's handpicked Maccagnan replacement, and the team had been built by Maccagnan and Idzik before him.

Since then, the Jets have suffered 14, 13, 10 and 10 losses in the subsequent four completed seasons. At this rate, it'd be difficult to bet against another season ending with 10+ losses.

The Lions went 31-97 with Matt Millen as their GM in eight seasons (bookended by a 2-14 and a 0-16 record in his first and last seasons as GM) for a .242 win-loss record.

So far, the Jets are 29-62 under Douglas, for a .319 win record.

The Jets were 24-40 under Maccganan, for a .375 win record.

The Jets went 12-20 under Idzik, for a .375 win record.

So, the Jets got rid of two dunderhead GMs for a guy who has presided over a roster that has turned in a worse result than the idiots that preceded him.

For the Jets to get to a .375 win-loss record under Douglas, the Jets would need to win the next nine games straight (the Jets would go from 29-62 to 38-62, for a .380 win-loss record). There's more chance of Kate Upton leaving Justin Verlander for me than there would be of the Jets winning nine consecutive games.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Larz said:

Damn I’m going to have to step up my game if I’ve been flying under the radar like this 

• Haha 2

The team is talented, but soft. They don't have the Eye of the Tiger. And they don't know how to win. They can't carry an aging Rodgers.

Rodgers was a long shot to begin with .. but we were all certain the problem was QB and we were thinking that we would get late career Montana or Brady.

We missed that op. when he went down last year after four snaps with an achilles.

Saleh assembled a terrible coaching staff and was exposed.

Now .. we are in the abyss .. not looking at it. I honestly don't think the franchise can overcome this.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Larz said:

you gonna cry ? 

I see you added this because you couldn’t help yourself, could you.

No, but I’m gonna continue to insult you on this since I know it bothers you.  You deserve it for how you talk down to people around here all the time.  I’m far from the only one here to point it out, too.  This is your comeuppance.

Godzilla Deal With It GIF

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 2

• Maxman locked this topic